JBL 3110/3110A along w/ 3105 Crossover

H

Hiker1969

Enthusiast
You can place it front or back. I tend to prefer front if there is room.
I have a question on that model you did. So my last message was in regards to where for the port, I do want a front port but using the model you gave does not seem to allow for that. That 6" port you sent requires an 8 1/4" hole and to accommodate that and a 15" woofer 26 tall x 18 wide x 12 deep, I was hoping for at least 16" deep, these are not exact numbers as being a port in the corner will decrease the height needed a little. So my question can I go to multiple round 2 - 3" ports or a rectangle? if so how much does this effect it. 24t x 18w x 16d would be close at 3.12 but that doesn;t seem like a 6" port will work on that.
Would love to hear your advice. thanks, Darby

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a question on that model you did. So my last message was in regards to where for the port, I do want a front port but using the model you gave does not seem to allow for that. That 6" port you sent requires an 8 1/4" hole and to accommodate that and a 15" woofer 26 tall x 18 wide x 12 deep, I was hoping for at least 16" deep, these are not exact numbers as being a port in the corner will decrease the height needed a little. So my question can I go to multiple round 2 - 3" ports or a rectangle? if so how much does this effect it. 24t x 18w x 16d would be close at 3.12 but that doesn;t seem like a 6" port will work on that.
Would love to hear your advice. thanks, Darby
Using multiple ports will not help. However if you leave off the flares, then a 6 inch port has a length of 10.7" So I assume you box has walls at least 3/4" thick and so you vent will extend 10" into the box. So you have 6" clearance to the back. That is plenty. The vent air velocity is still very acceptable at full power and below 20 m/sec. So the port will not chuff.

I did do an extended bass alignment. If you increase the box volume to 4.75 cu.ft, you can get 3 db. more output between 50 and 30 Hz, although that does not change Fs, in fact it is one cycle higher, which is insignificant. If you are using the same enclosure and reducing the volume, then that will be less sand. The 6" port then needs to be 7.25" unflared and 8.25" flared at both ends. It is probably not worth the cost of the flares, as the flares do not change the vent air velocity in this instance.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis