V

Vacas

Audioholic Intern
Hope all of you are keeping well. As per the subject, i am in need of your expert opinion in changing my overall speaker system however before proceed, let me share my existing hardware first;

Front - Jamo C809
Center - Jamo C 80
Surround - Jamo SUR 80

AVR - Denon X4400h

Sub - PSB Subsonic i-6 & Earthquake SuperNova 4

Cables - Kimber Kable TC series ( 12TC for front, 4TC for centr n sur)

Room size - WxL (16x20)

Now moving on to the subect, i have an opportunity to put my hands on Klipsch RP Series. This package includes RP 280F, RP 450C & RP 260F (for surround).

Seller of above package is a dealer here in local town and is adjusting JAMOs with additional cost of $3000. Is it worth spending on klipsch considering my listening to HT & Stereo to be 50% each... ???

Your reviews and comments would be of great help. Looking forward.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It's hard to say whether moving to the Klipsch would be an upgrade at all. Are you happy with your present system? I would say stick with it unless you have heard the Klipsch speakers and find them to be a clear upgrade.

V

Vacas

Audioholic Intern
It's hard to say whether moving to the Klipsch would be an upgrade at all. Are you happy with your present system? I would say stick with it unless you have heard the Klipsch speakers and find them to be a clear upgrade.
Infact one of my friend is running klipsch RP280F with RP440C. Watched few movies on klipsch and experienced RP sries is much smoother than RF series however it is not as dynamically smooth and laidback as of Jamo. I sometimes bear a feel of B&W (perticularly CM9) out of my Jamo C809 which z a flagship model of Jamo. Now compaing it to RP280F is also a flagship from Klipsch, I was only wondering
A- If carrying a name of klipsch would give it an advantage over Jamo ??
B- Room acoustics at my place is obviuosly different than my friend's place wich means not necessarily klipsch would overcome Jamo easily..
C- Resale price of Klipsch is quite apealing here at my town so purhaps saving bucks for future resale point of view.. !!
Still confused to spend $3000 is worth taking the risk with a significant change is sound staging and all....

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'd stay with the Jamo and save the money for other things. Unless your itching to upgrade. Can you share a Pic of your setup?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hope all of you are keeping well. As per the subject, i am in need of your expert opinion in changing my overall speaker system however before proceed, let me share my existing hardware first;

Front - Jamo C809
Center - Jamo C 80
Surround - Jamo SUR 80

AVR - Denon X4400h

Sub - PSB Subsonic i-6 & Earthquake SuperNova 4

Cables - Kimber Kable TC series ( 12TC for front, 4TC for centr n sur)

Room size - WxL (16x20)

Now moving on to the subect, i have an opportunity to put my hands on Klipsch RP Series. This package includes RP 280F, RP 450C & RP 260F (for surround).

Seller of above package is a dealer here in local town and is adjusting JAMOs with additional cost of $3000. Is it worth spending on klipsch considering my listening to HT & Stereo to be 50% each... ???

Your reviews and comments would be of great help. Looking forward.
Are you saying that the dealer is adding $3000 to the price if you buy the Jamo speakers?

Where are you located?

Skip the Kimber cable.

V

Vacas

Audioholic Intern
I'd stay with the Jamo and save the money for other things. Unless your itching to upgrade. Can you share a Pic of your setup?
Yea sure why not..
Are you saying that the dealer is adding $3000 to the price if you buy the Jamo speakers?

Where are you located?

Skip the Kimber cable.
Yo took it the other way bro. I have the JAMOs and shifting to Klipsch..

Attachments

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
I bought a used pair of Jamo C803s (bookshelf version of the C809s) for my girlfriend's house. Of course, I played around with them myself for a while before giving them to her. :) They held their own, easily, against other speakers I had on hand at the time.

The Jamo to Klipsch move would be a sideways move more than an upgrade.

Your room looks to be quite reflective. What is the flooring material? How big is that rug and how thick?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
This also left me wondering a bit, so you'd be trading in your Jamo to the dealer and he'd still charge you $3k for the Klipsch? Sounds a bit odd...where are you?

V

Vacas

Audioholic Intern
This also left me wondering a bit, so you'd be trading in your Jamo to the dealer and he'd still charge you $3k for the Klipsch? Sounds a bit odd...where are you?
Sadly its Pakistan... !!! Klipsch here is a hot brand and superceed any other brand easily due to market.

V

Vacas

Audioholic Intern
I bought a used pair of Jamo C803s (bookshelf version of the C809s) for my girlfriend's house. Of course, I played around with them myself for a while before giving them to her. :) They held their own, easily, against other speakers I had on hand at the time.

The Jamo to Klipsch move would be a sideways move more than an upgrade.

Your room looks to be quite reflective. What is the flooring material? How big is that rug and how thick?
Its a 7'x5' rug. Need to work on room treatment through wall panels in later stage. However i was wondering what if my JAMO performs better after the treatment then.....!!! Just a thought.. !!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sadly its Pakistan... !!! Klipsch here is a hot brand and superceed any other brand easily due to market.
Ah, makes more sense, I could buy a RP280F pair with an RP450C for $1200 delivered....altho the RP260Fs are costing the same as the RP280F ($400 each on their own) all via Amazon. I'd say that isn't Klipsch's top speaker, that's more in their Heritage series altho the RP series is supposedly one of their nicer sounding speakers and probably the most recent design. I'm in agreement that this is likely more a lateral move from what you've got. Also would agree that not spending extra money on woo like Kimber would help out (put the money to better use in speakers).

V

Vacas

Audioholic Intern
Just to give you a little idea abot the market, SVS PB 3000 is $1400 in Europe i suppose however it is $2450 and SVS Ultra 16 is $4225 (BNIB). Same is the case with Klipsch RP 280F which is $1800 pair whereby RP450 (BNIB) is approx $1200...
It is hard to find this stuff here so whosoever sells a used item, also charge import cost with it... :(

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just to give you a little idea abot the market, SVS PB 3000 is $1400 in Europe i suppose however it is $2450 and SVS Ultra 16 is $4225 (BNIB). Same is the case with Klipsch RP 280F which is $1800 pair whereby RP450 (BNIB) is approx $1200...
It is hard to find this stuff here so whosoever sells a used item, also charge import cost with it... :(
Oh I understand, I've traveled quite a bit plus I'm a former international freight forwarder and Customs broker. We just don't know where you are particularly, and if you're not in the US (where the majority are based) to know that as it really helps to ponder specific pricing....if you'd used PKR that would give an indication (translating your currency to USD doesn't necessarily translate for basic pricing in your market). You indeed see higher costs. At least you do have some market penetration with some major brands I suppose, altho more curious what your other choices are particularly (are European products priced better than US or US brands sourced in asia?)....

V

Vacas

Audioholic Intern
Also would agree that not spending extra money on woo like Kimber would help out (put the money to better use in speakers).
Lol, thats true. Well i have already spent $675 on kimber. Stereo with Kimber did make an impact in overall tonality, staging and dynamics.

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Lol, thats true. Well i have already spent $675 on kimber. Stereo with Kimber did make an impact in overall tonality, staging and dynamics.
Holy crap. I doubt I've spent that much in the last 45 years on speaker wire. I usually buy 12g in 300 foot reels and terminate it myself, I can buy 300ft of 12g for USD 110 delivered.

As to any audible differences, that sounds a bit far-fetched....what the hell did it replace?

Last edited:
V

Vacas

Audioholic Intern
Holy crap. I doubt I've spent that much in the last 45 years on speaker wire. I usually buy 12g in 300 foot reels and terminate it myself, I can buy 300ft of 12g for USD 110 delivered.

As to any audible differences, that sounds a bit far-fetched....what the hell did it replace?
Lol. I dont know what it changed but trust me on this.. overall playback quality was improved dramaically. I was previously using Stinger Pro 10awg on woofer section and Ohelbech 12awg on upper section (bi-amp mode). Trust me it did make an impact when i moved to Kimber 12TC - woofer section and 4TC at upper section.
As for the price, availability of original product and then its price is a big issue here in Pakistan. No authorized dealer of Klipsch, SVS, Dynuadio etc yet there are private firms that import all these stuff and then sells at signficant margins. Eventually, people like me who are still trying to understand quality music & HT, has to buy on what is available....

V

Vacas

Audioholic Intern
You
Oh I understand, I've traveled quite a bit plus I'm a former international freight forwarder and Customs broker. We just don't know where you are particularly, and if you're not in the US (where the majority are based) to know that as it really helps to ponder specific pricing....if you'd used PKR that would give an indication (translating your currency to USD doesn't necessarily translate for basic pricing in your market). You indeed see higher costs. At least you do have some market penetration with some major brands I suppose, altho more curious what your other choices are particularly (are European products priced better than US or US brands sourced in asia?)....
Your advice on sharing the local price tag with currency is well taken however conversion to USD was made as everything trade is measured, compared in $ therefore it was the only reason. Anyway, there are private firms offering sale service for SVS, Focal, paradigm, Klipsch & Yamaha but not the authorized dealers of these brands. This is the reason prices are highly tagged here unfortunatly..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis