Status
Not open for further replies.
Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I have a problem with two candidates spending more than $2 Billion to be elected to ANY position.

This link shows totals that are shameful- I'm not a big fan of government handouts, but we have people who aren't being helped and this would have gone a long way to do something for them.

Who was helped by the campaign spending? Mostly, lawyers, advertisers, shills and cronies.
I think you forgot to include the link, but I believe you that the amount is humongous :D

The beneficiaries of the campaign spending got their campaign contributions back and then some from the Trump tax cuts. Personally, as a foreigner with mutuals funds holding US stocks, benefited from the Trump tax cuts; collateral damage , if you like, and I thank the US poor for their sacrifice.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I think you forgot to include the link, but I believe you that the amount is humongous :D

The beneficiaries of the campaign spending got their campaign contributions back and then some from the Trump tax cuts. Personally, as a foreigner with mutuals funds holding US stocks, benefited from the Trump tax cuts; collateral damage , if you like, and I thank the US poor for their sacrifice.
https://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/7-billion-spent-on-2012-campaign-fec-says-087051

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/fundraising-and-spending-shatter-records-120211

The poor don't pay tax- if you remember, Mitt Romney made a comment that didn't make a lot of people happy and it probably cost him the election- he said that 47% of American adults pay no income tax and that's correct. Some don't, because they don't make enough but some don't, because the IRS tax code makes it possible to deduct quite a bit. However, many people can't use the deductions, so they pay. Some, pay a helluva lot.

From the link, "
  • The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (37.3 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (30.5 percent).
  • The top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97 percent of total individual income taxes."
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-14/top-3-of-u-s-taxpayers-paid-majority-of-income-taxes-in-2016

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
We are fortunate to be in the company of so many legal experts. Strange, though, how they're only experts on what they think their opposition does wrong. Don't you realize how laughable it is when your expert opinion changes depending upon your target's politics? Comey, Barr and Kavanaugh are good examples. They go from darlings to demons, then back to darlings, then back to demons, etc. Now it will be Durham. Objecting to a Special Prosecutor is "obstruction" if he's investigating a conservative. But when he's looking at a liberal, it's ok to object. And isn't fabricating evidence to initiate an investigation into your opponent obstruction? Isn't leaking misinformation to the media obstruction? Isn't all that designed to illegally affect the outcome of our election? I thought you guys were against that. My point is that liberal credibility is zero because you seem to have no set of standards or beliefs. Your beliefs change with whatever you think will bring you votes. Illegal immigration is another example. All your heroes called it a crisis, but when Trump does it you say it's manufactured. Isn't letting non-citizens vote an interference in our elections? And your lack of conviction goes back generations. Wanna talk about slavery? How 'bout land ownership and voting for blacks and women?

What you're seeing is conservatives getting tired of your selective application of morality and law... and deciding not to be bullied any more. It is far overdue. You guys can call us names, talk to your friends about how stupid and lucky to have thumbs we are, whine about your losses and figure out how to cheat for future victories. You can sit silently while your party advocates killing babies up to and even after the moment of birth, just because the mother wants to. You can deny a million illegal immigrants per year is a problem. You can refuse to blame an individual for committing a crime, and fault society, or the system, or the tool. You can literally attack me for my "Make America Great Again" ballcap, yet remain silent while some people publicly declare they will kill us. And through all this, you can tell me how intellectually and morally superior you are. Then you can watch me laugh.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
https://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/7-billion-spent-on-2012-campaign-fec-says-087051

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/fundraising-and-spending-shatter-records-120211

The poor don't pay tax- if you remember, Mitt Romney made a comment that didn't make a lot of people happy and it probably cost him the election- he said that 47% of American adults pay no income tax and that's correct. Some don't, because they don't make enough but some don't, because the IRS tax code makes it possible to deduct quite a bit. However, many people can't use the deductions, so they pay. Some, pay a helluva lot.

From the link, "
  • The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (37.3 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (30.5 percent).
  • The top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97 percent of total individual income taxes."
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-10-14/top-3-of-u-s-taxpayers-paid-majority-of-income-taxes-in-2016
When I facetiously thanked the US poor for their sacrifice, to a foreigner no less, to increase the value of my mutual funds, I was more thinking about things like health care, education and just plain putting food on the table for the children.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
What are the DNC and GOP committees, if not puppet masters? They both made sure some candidates weren't electable.

Why would you want more puppet masters?
By puppet master, I mean anyone who actually contributes money. Now, political contributions are dominated by a few, largely unidentified people or organizations, with deep pockets, who are willing to spend large $ on buying politicians. If there were legal limits to those contributions, that were enforced, those few puppet masters couldn't have as much influence.

That would not include the Democrat or GOP national committees, as they are politicians who only spend money that someone else contributed.

highfigh

highfigh

When I facetiously thanked the US poor for their sacrifice, to a foreigner no less, to increase the value of my mutual funds, I was more thinking about things like health care, education and just plain putting food on the table for the children.
I was, too. We also have really bad care for our veterans. Some say it's better than it had been, some don't. AOC says "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"- veterans disagree.

highfigh

highfigh

We are fortunate to be in the company of so many legal experts. Strange, though, how they're only experts on what they think their opposition does wrong. Don't you realize how laughable it is when your expert opinion changes depending upon your target's politics? Comey, Barr and Kavanaugh are good examples. They go from darlings to demons, then back to darlings, then back to demons, etc. Now it will be Durham. Objecting to a Special Prosecutor is "obstruction" if he's investigating a conservative. But when he's looking at a liberal, it's ok to object. And isn't fabricating evidence to initiate an investigation into your opponent obstruction? Isn't leaking misinformation to the media obstruction? Isn't all that designed to illegally affect the outcome of our election? I thought you guys were against that. My point is that liberal credibility is zero because you seem to have no set of standards or beliefs. Your beliefs change with whatever you think will bring you votes. Illegal immigration is another example. All your heroes called it a crisis, but when Trump does it you say it's manufactured. Isn't letting non-citizens vote an interference in our elections? And your lack of conviction goes back generations. Wanna talk about slavery? How 'bout land ownership and voting for blacks and women?

What you're seeing is conservatives getting tired of your selective application of morality and law... and deciding not to be bullied any more. It is far overdue. You guys can call us names, talk to your friends about how stupid and lucky to have thumbs we are, whine about your losses and figure out how to cheat for future victories. You can sit silently while your party advocates killing babies up to and even after the moment of birth, just because the mother wants to. You can deny a million illegal immigrants per year is a problem. You can refuse to blame an individual for committing a crime, and fault society, or the system, or the tool. You can literally attack me for my "Make America Great Again" ballcap, yet remain silent while some people publicly declare they will kill us. And through all this, you can tell me how intellectually and morally superior you are. Then you can watch me laugh.
To whom are you addressing this?

highfigh

highfigh

By puppet master, I mean anyone who actually contributes money. Now, political contributions are dominated by a few, largely unidentified people or organizations, with deep pockets, who are willing to spend large $ on buying politicians. If there were legal limits to those contributions, that were enforced, those few puppet masters couldn't have as much influence.

That would not include the Democrat or GOP national committees, as they are politicians who only spend money that someone else contributed.
I would say that the committees have powers that need to be reigned in, sharply. However, we do have campaign limits- they just need to be enforced.

https://www.insidepoliticallaw.com/2019/02/07/fec-increases-contribution-limits-2019-2020/

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Because this guy is such a piece of garbage that's why. Anyone who believes his BS is falling for a con man that's why. I have had it with him and his stupid maga BS.
It's just fine and dandy to have differences of opinions, that is what makes the world go round. The BS that this guy had already gotten away with no one, I mean no one would have gotten away with. If Obama had told people to lie to investigators, or told his white house council to fire the special prosecutor I can tell you this, they would already be in impeachment hearings.
I remember when fox fake ass news had a fit, a fit over Obama wearing a tan suit. I remember fox fake news saying his fist bump with his wife was a terrorist bump.
That is why I am angry, got it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Obama was a gangster President! He's a crook! Trump just Mafia. Nothing wrong with that. Someone got to take the garbage out. :p

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Again I'm not subbed to this thread! Stop sending my new posts!!!!!!!!

Phase 2

Phase 2

Audioholic Chief
Ronald Reagan, and his Contras off-the-books guerrilla War. Definitely got Trump beat. Everybody Loved Reagan. Especially corporate America with his trickle down economics the taxpayers had to pick up the tab 30 years later. Yeah big crook Ronald Reagan!!

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
No more! I unsubbed 20 times! No more!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis