j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have to see this. They are apparently doing it in two parts like the original series, both come out this year. Looks pretty good.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have to see this. They are apparently doing it in two parts like the original series, both come out this year. Looks pretty good.
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked too! The GF hates horror movies (big chicken), but she said she may have to watch this one with me.

I read the book around the mid-90s, great book! Up to about 2000 or so, I had read most all of SK's books.

EDIT: I had not heard about it being released in 2 parts.

And, check out IGN, they have a slick little pic slider tool that let's you compare old/new.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/30/it-how-the-stephen-king-remake-compares-to-the-original-tv-miniseries

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What I saw was one comes out next month and the second in Sept.

My GF hates horror movies too, so I get to see it with the kids.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I read the book back when it was new and on the best seller lists.
It totally creeped me out. Stephen King, for all his shortcomings, can write skeeeery stuff.
After this book, I changed my opinions on clowns. Clowns now are on my shitlist. No more clowns for me.
The clown in Spawn finished off the metamorphisis for clowns. No more clowns.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Remember when clowns used to be fun characters for children? The last clown I saw like that was Bozo the Clown. Now all clowns are either nasty or evil, and it has been like that for the last 30 years. I think the irony of an evil clown is well past dead about now. That being said, this is Stephen Kings It, maybe the first evil clown, so I will give this one a pass due to age of source material.

Actually, when I think about it, the first evil clown I can recall was John Wayne Gacy's 'Pogo' clown character, but sadly, that was real.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hey guys, all those evil clowns came after Stephen King's book. You need to be looking for evil clowns that came before 1986.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I love Stephen King's books too. So definitely have to check this movie(s) out.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Looks like the first installment will be in Sept with the second to follow. I guess they were only releasing the first trailer in April.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I was on a Stephen King kick when I was in high school. I read this novel twice, then and a third time when I was on my own and couldn't afford cable. The tv series didn't do much for me. It's so hard to pack that whole story into a movie or show. So much gets lost in translation.

I have high hopes, but I just don't see it. If I hadn't read the novel it would probably be better to just watch it without foreknowledge of the book.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I was on a Stephen King kick when I was in high school. I read this novel twice, then and a third time when I was on my own and couldn't afford cable. The tv series didn't do much for me. It's so hard to pack that whole story into a movie or show. So much gets lost in translation.

I have high hopes, but I just don't see it. If I hadn't read the novel it would probably be better to just watch it without foreknowledge of the book.
I also had my King kick, and I disagree for IT. The preview got me excited to see it again.

I really love SK's short stories too, I remember Skeleton Crew being pretty good. And, the Bachman Books are some of my all time favorites! The Running Man is really like his take on a dystopia, much better than the film.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I also had my King kick, and I disagree for IT. The preview got me excited to see it again.

I really love SK's short stories too, I remember Skeleton Crew being pretty good. And, the Bachman Books are some of my all time favorites! The Running Man is really like his take on a dystopia, much better than the film.
I think it was the Bachman books...did that have "Survivor Type" in there? That one was pretty grisly. I read pretty much all his early stuff. Got pretty deep into "The Gunslinger" series too.

*Edit: I grew up in the sticks. There was nothing better to do other than read to stay occupied when I was done playing.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I think it was the Bachman books...did that have "Survivor Type" in there? That one was pretty grisly. I read pretty much all his early stuff. Got pretty deep into "The Gunslinger" series too.

*Edit: I grew up in the sticks. There was nothing better to do other than read to stay occupied when I was done playing.
Not sure about "Survivor Type", maybe you are thinking about The Long Walk?

The Gunslinger series, oddly I have never read any of it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Not sure about "Survivor Type", maybe you are thinking about The Long Walk?

The Gunslinger series, oddly I have never read any of it.
Survivor Type is a short story (Skeleton Crew, just looked it up) about a doctor getting shipwrecked while smuggling a bunch of heroin. He ends up using the heroin (dull the pain) to amputate body parts and cannibalize himself to survive. It's told from the perspective of him keeping a diary.

"Took the other leg at the knee. Sleepy all day. “Doctor was this operation necessary?” Haha. Shaky hands, like an old man. Hate them. Blood under the fingernails. Scabs.”

“I was very careful. I washed it thoroughly before I ate it.”

"They say you are what you eat and if so I HAVEN'T CHANGED A BIT!"

:eek:

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Survivor Type is a short story (Skeleton Crew, just looked it up) about a doctor getting shipwrecked while smuggling a bunch of heroin. He ends up using the heroin (dull the pain) to amputate body parts and cannibalize himself to survive. It's told from the perspective of him keeping a diary.

"Took the other leg at the knee. Sleepy all day. “Doctor was this operation necessary?” Haha. Shaky hands, like an old man. Hate them. Blood under the fingernails. Scabs.”

“I was very careful. I washed it thoroughly before I ate it.”

"They say you are what you eat and if so I HAVEN'T CHANGED A BIT!"

:eek:
Yeah, I remember that one now. Pretty disturbing!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis