speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, it merely took all day buy my second S1500 arrived! Just so very happy. I also now have a miniDSP. Will be ordering a CSL UMik 1 very soon. Here are a few pics:

upload_2016-3-26_18-55-37.png

upload_2016-3-26_18-56-6.png

upload_2016-3-26_18-56-28.png

upload_2016-3-26_18-57-6.png

upload_2016-3-26_18-58-42.png

upload_2016-3-26_18-59-27.png

Plenty more to come maybe tomorrow. Got to get some rest. But then again, don't we all....LOL?????? :D:D:D:D

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, have had some more fun today. Got my set-up dialed in for the most part. The Ultras are awesome! My dual S1500's are flat out amazing! Audyssey set the Ultras to large with a crossover of 40 Hz. Thus, the S1500's were set at 120 Hz. So, first thing that I did was go back in set the Ultras to small with and 80 Hz crossover. Then, I set the subs to 90 Hz.

Adjusted the levels from my Denon somewhat on the subs. They both were leveled matched before running Audyssey. I got them both as close to 75 db as I could but, nothing is perfect. The sound is just amazing! Here are a few more pics:

upload_2016-3-27_13-1-7.png

upload_2016-3-27_13-1-32.png

upload_2016-3-27_13-3-54.png

upload_2016-3-27_13-4-47.png

upload_2016-3-27_13-5-18.png

upload_2016-3-27_13-5-59.png

upload_2016-3-27_13-6-23.png

upload_2016-3-27_13-7-5.png

upload_2016-3-27_13-8-8.png

Anyways, having fun fun fun! :cool::cool::cool::cool: Happy Blessed Easter to everyone!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Dude...........why do you have so much candy???

:p
Oh they are for sale....LOL!!! Got to make a buck when and where you can. Actually, I don't do too bad with them. Yes, I do eat a few here and there...LOL!!! People don't call me Dollar Bill Phil for nothing! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Going to work on cleaning up some of my wire mess in order to make things look better. Also, plan to use my miniDSP along w/REW. Hope to experiment with placements somewhat and learn as much about REW as I can.

My long-term goal is to purchase a set of the Philharmonitors or BMR's in about a year from now. Seriously, thinking about ordering another S1500 within the next 6-months. Never hurts to have some plans of some sorts. Have just enough room for one more S1500. The Ultras will easily hold me over until I can obtain the Philharmonitors/BMR's.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
BMR's all the way
Yeah, that is what I am thinking too. But, the Slim Towers really looks nice and they are not that big. Just have to see how my finances are a year from now. Got to get some things paid off first. Then, I will take a much closer look at the Philharmonitors, BMR's, and the Slims. Either way, any would be a big upgrade.

Cheers,

Phil

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, that is what I am thinking too. But, the Slim Towers really looks nice and they are not that big. Just have to see how my finances are a year from now. Got to get some things paid off first. Then, I will take a much closer look at the Philharmonitors, BMR's, and the Slims. Either way, any would be a big upgrade.

Cheers,

Phil
If you're crossing over to all those subs The BMR would fit the bill nicely. Very similar in terms of bass output. You may get a bit more out of the Slims, but extension wise they're similar. Again, if crossing over to the subs shouldn't make a difference which you get.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
If you're crossing over to all those subs The BMR would fit the bill nicely. Very similar in terms of bass output. You may get a bit more out of the Slims, but extension wise they're similar. Again, if crossing over to the subs shouldn't make a difference which you get.
I am leaning more towards the BMR's. The reason being, if I were to opt for the Philharmonitors why not spend a few hundred more and get the BMR's, right? But like always, it all depends on my finances at the time I order them. I do have a plan in place, but we all know plan and reality does not coincide all of the time.....LOL!!!! I also want to add another S1500 to the mix......LOL!!!1 Guess, I am a bass head! :D:D:D

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
It is all about psycho-acoustics and endorphins.
Phil's system + chocolate >> your system :p

He can eat a lot of chocolate for the difference in price!
I will be the first to admit, the chocolates certainly makes things better-sweeter if you will.....LOL!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Cheers,

Phil

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Come to think of it, being so close to the action, do you have seat belts on the couch? ;) :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Come to think of it, being so close to the action, do you have seat belts on the couch? ;) :D
That sure wouldn't be a bad idea.....LOL!!! Chocolate is sooooooooo addicting! :p:p:p

Cheers,

Phil

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Just remember, your subs need individual EQ, but also they need to have EQ applied that benefits the system as a whole. So you may actually need your subs to have imperfect FR's in order to get them flat together.

Placement will also be key. Use REW's room sim to help place the subs until you get a mic. Then use the mic and REW to verify sub placement and help move subs to better positions if needed. Then you can start EQ'ing.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just remember, your subs need individual EQ, but also they need to have EQ applied that benefits the system as a whole. So you may actually need your subs to have imperfect FR's in order to get them flat together.

Placement will also be key. Use REW's room sim to help place the subs until you get a mic. Then use the mic and REW to verify sub placement and help move subs to better positions if needed. Then you can start EQ'ing.
Plan to download REW this week. Not familiar with the Room Simulator at all. But, hey there is no time like the present they always say. Things sound good now, but I do believe it can sound better. Appreciate the tips Alex. Got your new toys yet? Believe it or not, I plan to add a 3rd S1500 within the next 6-months......LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Plan to download REW this week. Not familiar with the Room Simulator at all. But, hey there is no time like the present they always say. Things sound good now, but I do believe it can sound better. Appreciate the tips Alex. Got your new toys yet? Believe it or not, I plan to add a 3rd S1500 within the next 6-months......LOL!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
Nothing currently...although the first of two 21" sub drivers is set to arrive Wed. Not sure when the other will get here, but those should be a fun project.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Nothing currently...although the first of two 21" sub drivers is set to arrive Wed. Not sure when the other will get here, but those should be a fun project.
Interesting..... be sure to keep us all posted. I am sure you will post some pics. Looking forward to seeing them.

Cheers,

Phil

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Interesting..... be sure to keep us all posted. I am sure you will post some pics. Looking forward to seeing them.

Cheers,

Phil
I will. For reference, the UXL's 18's are approximately 159.5 sqin, but the new FTW-21's are 254.2 sqin. That's a gain of 94.7 sqin. So in total having the two 21's will have as much radiating area as over 3, 18" UXL's. Another way to look at it is 2, 21" FTW's have as much radiating area as 4 of your S1500 subs. So in total, with 2-LMS Ultras, 2-UXL's, and 2-FTW 21's that would be equivalent in radiating area to approximately 9.4 PSA S1500 subs.

How are you going to fit 10 of those things in your room? :p

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I will. For reference, the UXL's 18's are approximately 159.5 sqin, but the new FTW-21's are 254.2 sqin. That's a gain of 94.7 sqin. So in total having the two 21's will have as much radiating area as over 3, 18" UXL's. Another way to look at it is 2, 21" FTW's have as much radiating area as 4 of your S1500 subs. So in total, with 2-LMS Ultras, 2-UXL's, and 2-FTW 21's that would be equivalent in radiating area to approximately 9.4 PSA S1500 subs.

How are you going to fit 10 of those things in your room? :p
Holy smokes man! I thought that I was a bass head. But, you take it to a entire new level....LOL!!!! That has got to be awesome when you get it all done and set-up. I could stack the S1500's and end up with (6) of them. But, I think (3) is going to be plenty. Will know soon enough. Wished you lived closer, because i would love to hear it when you get er done! ;);););)

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis