Isn't it time for parents to stop raising idiots?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Recently, we had the shootings in Buffalo, yesterday we lost 21 more in Texas. Today, a little moron in Slinger, WI called in a threat saying he had a gun while sitting in a stairwell, which resulted in hundreds of freaked out parents, kids, teachers, school admin and a shyteload of fire, EMS, SWAT, regular Police and others responding to the Slinger Middle School.

WTF is wrong with people?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
The most important cause of the real problem is "DRUGS". Until a severe control and severe jail sentences to drug dealers and traffickers become efficient, there will always be absence of peace and serenity. The time that this wil occur will never happen, the reason being that there is too much money involved with them.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd say general mental illness is ahead of drugs, altho the combo can be bad. It is an odd thing how governments seem to enable the money/drug thing, too.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I'd say general mental illness is ahead of drugs, altho the combo can be bad. It is an odd thing how governments seem to enable the money/drug thing, too.
IMO, some drugs can cause mental illness too.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
IMO, drugs cause mental illness too.
Your opinion, as in you really have no idea? You have some experience or background or information that fleshes this out? Are they legal/prescription drugs or just illegal drugs?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Then again there is something to be said on raising children properly, I've always felt that its a problem that just about anyone can have a child....that's a roll of the dice as to who will be good parents....

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
I'd add misuse or not taking prescription drugs per doctor's instructions especially iro of a mental condition. I've had friends on drugs for severe depression and if they missed a day or two or had a couple of drinks the mood swings were very obvious. Plus just about every drug for depression lists suicidal thoughts as a possible side effect.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
The most important cause of the real problem is "DRUGS". Until a severe control and severe jail sentences to drug dealers and traffickers become efficient, there will always be absence of peace and serenity. The time that this wil occur will never happen, the reason being that there is too much money involved with them.
The war on drugs has been fought, just say no, Iran/ contra, crack, Etc. who are the dealers and traffickers you want arrested...

I am waiting for war to be declared on the opioid front. Bring war to the suburbs and middle America with the same force yawl brought it to the hood. Tanks, battering rams, helicopters, criminal policing, corrupt prosecutors, and judges. Mandatory minimum sentencing, sentences for crack that far exceeded sentences for powder cocaine.

it will never happen. Funny how all the tough on crime talk revolves around people of color and immigrants, you know, them…

as the kids say, miss me with that b.s.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Then again there is something to be said on raising children properly, I've always felt that its a problem that just about anyone can have a child....that's a roll of the dice as to who will be good parents....
I think this is a much bigger deal than drugs. Kids today raise themselves with the aid of useless mind numbing electronics because their parents are too Fukkin lazy and detached and self absorbed to pay attention to their kids. Some people are worthless, dumping more worthless people into the world. Having kids is totally preventable.
Sad thing is, too many people that would be great parents can’t even have their own.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I think this is a much bigger deal than drugs. Kids today raise themselves with the aid of useless mind numbing electronics because their parents are too Fukkin lazy and detached and self absorbed to pay attention to their kids. Some people are worthless, dumping more worthless people into the world. Having kids is totally preventable.
Sad thing is, too many people that would be great parents can’t even have their own.
I remember that movie with Steve Martin where there was a line to the effect "you need a license to fish you need a license to drive but you don't need a license to become a parent". That has always stuck with me

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
As a parent, you cannot get your child to do everything you want, you will only get what he or she will want to do. Some people also don't have the ability to properly raise children.

highfigh

highfigh

I remember that movie with Steve Martin where there was a line to the effect "you need a license to fish you need a license to drive but you don't need a license to become a parent". That has always stuck with me
The Keanu Reeves quote ended with '...but any butt-reaming a-hole can be a dad" after telling the woman about his dad flicking lit cigarette butts at him when he was young.

Parenthood was the name of the movie.

Popping out a kid (on either side of the equation) is a classic case of "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should".

highfigh

highfigh

As a parent, you cannot get your child to do everything you want, you will only get what he or she will want to do. Some people also don't have the ability to properly raise children.
But, parents need to at least get to know their kids well enough that at 18, they might have a clue that the kid is PO'd and wants a gun or, in the TX case, bought two. The fact that he was living with his grandparents after an argument with his mom about WiFi says a lot, to me. In the case of the kid in Slinger, WI, who knows- I know the area and it's not urban, at all. Doesn't mean he ignores what's being reported in the news, though.

Maybe this study will help.....

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Your opinion, as in you really have no idea? You have some experience or background or information that fleshes this out? Are they legal/prescription drugs or just illegal drugs?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You mean, like the Sackler family causing so much suffering and death with their opioids while earning billions of dollars that they'll get to keep?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Was looking for something a bit more specific and current.
What exactly? Drugs influence on mental health has been known for a long time, but of course different drugs have different impact and severity.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What exactly? Drugs influence on mental health has been known for a long time, but of course different drugs have different impact and severity.
Some actual stats and more updated info on cannabis....which has largely been ignored by the medical community so their "knowledge" is limited.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Very true I'm afraid :( I have long stated that the break-up of the family union is one of our biggest problems. To your point and mine one need to look no further than the two most recent tragedies:(

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
You mean, like the Sackler family causing so much suffering and death with their opioids while earning billions of dollars that they'll get to keep?
That's an example. If you watch TV investigation programs, or one of the National Geographic channels, you will know that there is a lot of money to be made with drugs and the risk of getting arrested and charged for carrying or trafficking them. Airports customs arrest so many traffickers trying to smuggle them into their country, and that does not take into account of all the parcels which they receive that contain cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine etc. The Chinese are among the worst in concealing drugs in laptops, miniature pianos, small kitchen appliances and so on.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis