Is www.parts-express.com reliable?

Kyle Lorenz

Kyle Lorenz

Junior Audioholic
Have you ordered a product from parts-express? We're you satisfied? I'm asking because I might buy a sub amp from there and I don't like to give my credit card # to just anyone. Also, if you recommend this site, I need some help figuring out how much shipping & handling will cost (It doesn't say :s) to ship to Canada, Saskatchewan. I'll show you the product I want to buy (to figure out S & H) when I hear that this site is safe and reliable. Yes, I like to play it safe:D

I

InTheIndustry

Senior Audioholic
The Parts express home office & wherehouse is less than a 20 minute drive from me. They are a good company and perfectly fine to buy from. As an A/V integrator I get a lot of emergency odds and ends from them: cable ties, foam or if I need something like odd-ball connectors, or anything last minute if the job specs change unexpectedly.

If you have questions, their tech support is accessible and generaly very good.

evilkat

evilkat

Senior Audioholic
I've ordered from them before and it has never been a problem.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I have ordered from them many times with no problems of any kind.

L

LucasG

Enthusiast
I have spent alot of money there. Good prices and great service. Plus you can find all sorts of oddball stuff there. In fact I just purchased a Dayton RS sub and Dayton plate amp (plus some little things) and it arrived two days before it was supposed to.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Parts Express is something of a big dog in the audio industry.. and *the* big dog in the DIY audio industry.

They are very well respected and do a huge volume of business. I have ordered from them several times with excellent results.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
InTheIndustry said:
The Parts express home office & wherehouse is less than a 20 minute drive from me. They are a good company and perfectly fine to buy from. As an A/V integrator I get a lot of emergency odds and ends from them: cable ties, foam or if I need something like odd-ball connectors, or anything last minute if the job specs change unexpectedly.

If you have questions, their tech support is accessible and generaly very good.
Serious?

Me too!

Where do you live man.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
jonnythan said:
20 minutes from their office. Duh. ;)
LOL:D
I've often visited their site and though of ordering speaker wire and connectors from them, just don't need to yet:eek:! The fact that many members on this forum direct you to them, should speak volumes. One problem though don't attach a link it has the word $ex in it:p.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
jonnythan said:
20 minutes from their office. Duh. ;)
You guys must live in the same place. Both of you, turn around. There, now you can see each other.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have used them plenty of times and I have not been disappoitned with a single product.

majorloser

majorloser

I used them many times for small items. Mainly smaller items and occationally drivers. It's a handy catalog to have around. They ship fast so you don't have to wait long for orders.

Granted, they're not the only source out there and not always the cheapest.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
majorloser said:
Granted, they're not the only source out there and not always the cheapest.
Yep. It depends on what you are looking for, so shop around. Usually when they have an item on sale though, their prices are pretty darn good. If I can live without an item, I will just wait to see if they go on sale.

Kyle Lorenz

Kyle Lorenz

Junior Audioholic
Wow. I'm amazed at all the good comments towards parts-express. I have no worries now.
Here is the product I'm thinking of getting... http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-784
It'll only be used for a little boston acoustic 7 inch (yes 7) woofer that is rated at a wopping 85 watts:D. This amp is contributing to a very little "treadmill" system so it doesn't have to be much. Price is the main issue here.
If you find a better priced amp around the same wattage please tell me:) Thanks!

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Despite them being a good place, you can't link to them on this site. I'm sure that amp will be fine, is the sub something you are building or is it an already built passive sub?

Kyle Lorenz

Kyle Lorenz

Junior Audioholic
The sub was built passive but I had troubles with it since day one. It's fairly old to begin with, the box was slightly mistreated (from previous owner that lended it to me) and the port made an awful lot of noise. As soon as i got it, I took the woofer out and made my own box with a good, curved port. Now it works like a charm.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis