irishmcmorgan

irishmcmorgan

Audioholic Intern
Can I buy a home subwoofer amp from parts express and connect it to my JL Audio 12W3v2? Would this sound ok, good,bad,? I have heard of people doing it I just dont know how it would sound?
Thanks

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, it would work just fine. Do you already have the sub in a box?

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
ok, so you have to write a review, take pictures and everything I so wanna hear how this turns out, I really wanna do it, just to have a JL Audio sub in my room, had been checking out ebay and you can get a W7 for around 350, mate that to say a Crown K1 amp and OMG I think it would be amazing, good luck with the project

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
ive heard that it works somewhat ok, but that its easier to run into problems.

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
You should be fine, just make sure you give it plenty of juice, as those subs are hogs.

Paul

D

dreadstar

Audioholic Intern
JL audio sub

irishmcmorgan said:
Can I buy a home subwoofer amp from parts express and connect it to my JL Audio 12W3v2? Would this sound ok, good,bad,? I have heard of people doing it I just dont know how it would sound?
Thanks

Remember these are 4 ohm speakers and they are not shielded. So buy an amp accordingly and keep the thing away from tv/monitors pace makers etc.

I built a sub using parts from parts express they have a nice shielded 10" driver
DAYTON RS270S-8 10" REFERENCE SERIES SHIELDED WOOFER for $63.50 each.
Cabinet is a 1.5 cubic foot. ( a bit small ) with a jbl 200 watt surplus amp plate paid $75 for it. Sounds decent tight fast bass and works well with a pair of Klipsch computer speakers as sats. Not nearly as good as my pair of 12" passives driven with a 375 watt amp. But small package clean tight bass. Works great for a small room.

So to make a long story short. You can build a decent homemade sub using car audio components. Passive or active your choice.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis