Is the RBH Sound SVTRS Audioholics New Reference Speaker?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good point. However, these speakers are kind of ridiculous in that sized room. In a larger room, one wouldn’t want the satellite speakers in the corner. So it would be best to separate the subs to maximize placement of all speakers, rather than focus on aesthetics.
I'd probably just let the team that comes to your house and sets it up ideally for your room worry about that....

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General

[/QUOTE]

I can hardly wait to see how you levitate these speaker 8 feet off the ground for testing. Don't hurt yourself! :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Talk about Tower of Power! :D

A pair of these monsters = Four Large SV-1212 Reference Subs.

Yeah, I want 2 pairs of these monsters - one tower for each corner of my 26' x 22' x 14' room = EIGHT (8) Large SV-1212 Reference Subs! :D
Just 2? Why not use them for the 5 bed channels of your theater. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just 2? Why not use them for the 5 bed channels of your theater. :)
That's a little excessive there... I agree he should have insisted on one more for his Center Channel! :p But Surrounds? C'mon.

*poorly restrained chortle

J

jeffca

Junior Audioholic
This is a prime example of a high performance, high ROI speaker system. All huge speaker systems should be like this: active, DSP corrected and modular so you don't need a a forklift to install them (obviously, though, if you do the full stack rather than placing the subs around the room, only a gigantic human could install these solo).

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Talk about Tower of Power! :D

A pair of these monsters = Four Large SV-1212 Reference Subs.

Yeah, I want 2 pairs of these monsters - one tower for each corner of my 26' x 22' x 14' room = EIGHT (8) Large SV-1212 Reference Subs! :D
I doubt they sell enough of this unit to justify reconfiguring the amp, but since it is their flagship product and you have an inside line to them, you might float the idea of splitting the amp in half so you could place one amp at each speaker. Is I understand it, the amp has enough output that it gets limited by the available current coming out of the AC outlet/circuit. While certainly no guarantees, it would be easier to use two different circuits if you had two amps (each of which does not challenge teh max output of the circuit) at different locations instead of one with a single plug. I would envision keeping the single crossover unit by the pre-pro and separating to he two amps from there.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, you're right. I don't want just 4 towers. I want FIVE SVTRS towers for the 5 bed channels. :D
I briefly had a fantasy of 5 Phil3s... or SS9.5s. :D

Of course, I didn't have an "extra" 6K lying around for the Phil3s... much less $25-Large for the 9.5s. :p

But 5-channel BMRs!... I'm almost there... just need to score somebody's unwanted Piano Black Center from Bennic. ;)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They're definitely my cup of tea. My cup of oj, my cup of coffee and my bowl of cereal too!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Spending the last year with the RBH Sound Limited Edition SVTRS active speaker system has been transformative experience for me on the reality that properly done active speakers are not only the future, but they offer superior performance today. Few, if any, consumer loudspeakers can match the dynamics, bass extension, transparency and overall fidelity of this RBH Sound speaker system. Read our review to find out more.

Read: RBH Sound SVTRS Active Speaker System Review
(review goes live 12pm EST on 8/9/21)

Big-Q

Big-Q

Junior Audioholic
I just can't get into these speakers. I could not afford them or even have a room for them. I am sure they sound amazing. I just do not like the way they look (I do not like the Status either). For me it is disappointing RBH is trying to be the new Wilson Audio of Northern Utah. RBH, please bring back your less expensive tower lines.

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I just can't get into these speakers. I could not afford them or even have a room for them. I am sure the sound amazing. I just do not like the way they look (I do not like the Status either). For me it is disappointing RBH is trying to be the new Wilson Audio of Northern Utah. RBH, please bring back your less expensive tower lines.
They decided to focus on CI type flushmount product and flagship level box speakers going forward. I think they made the right call since their stuff is being speced in 1 million+ upscale installations and some commercial applications as well.

Big-Q

Big-Q

Junior Audioholic
They decided to focus on CI type flushmount product and flagship level box speakers going forward. I think they made the right call since their stuff is being speced in 1 million+ upscale installations and some commercial applications as well.
I get it but it is not a market I will ever be in. I am in the up to 15K market.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Spending the last year with the RBH Sound Limited Edition SVTRS active speaker system has been transformative experience for me on the reality that properly done active speakers are not only the future, but they offer superior performance today. Few, if any, consumer loudspeakers can match the dynamics, bass extension, transparency and overall fidelity of this RBH Sound speaker system. Read our review to find out more.

Read: RBH Sound SVTRS Active Speaker System Review
(review goes live 12pm EST on 8/9/21)
I'm still not getting linked to the review... 404 Not Found

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm still not getting linked to the review... 404 Not Found
Me too, getting:

Our apologies...

The item you requested does not exist on this server or cannot be served.

Please double check the web address or use the search function on this page to find what you are looking for.

If you know you have the correct web address but are encountering an error, please contact the Site Administration.

Thank you.

404 Not Found

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis