Is the RBH Sound SVTRS Audioholics New Reference Speaker?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Florida Audio Expo saw RBH Sound launch their new flagship speaker, the SVTRS active speaker system. It is the most sophisticated and powerful speaker set up ever deployed by RBH Sound, and, given their past endeavors, that is saying something. This is a pair of self-amplified 7'8", 310 lbs stacks which boasts 8 eight 12" bass drivers, six 8" midranges, and two 4.7" AMT tweeters, all powered by nearly 5 kW of amplification. Naturally, something that formidable is not inexpensive at $45k per pair, but considering everything that you get, it may well be a bargain. Read about our encounter with the SVTRS speaker system at the link!

READ: Is the RBH Sound SVTRS Audioholics New Reference Speaker?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
:) I love the anticipation of waiting for a link to go live!!!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ooh! How enticing. :) Wish I coulda heard them! Maybe someday... *sighs wistfully

Looking forward to the shootout!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I hope they don’t even make grills for them...

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Don’t let ADTG see this He already got like 7 or 8 RBH subs, Plus amps for each sub, plus Everything else RBH. ;). I was at my Son’s home today we watched a movie on his system with RBH Elite towers sound was awesome. Them Elite tower’s have a very nice sound stage.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Sort of remnds me of the Infinity IRS V speakers back in the day. :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
They really look nice with the grilles on. I will show in an up coming video. However, I will leave them naked ;)
I think they’re too beautiful to hide! I believe they’ll look great with the grills on too. I’ll probably have to come over and see for myself! Lol

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
@Gmoney, I absolutely love Active systems with External Amps, instead of built-in internal amps. :D

My regular RBH SVT towers already rock my 5,500 SF house. I cannot imagine what this overkill monster would do, although I'm sure they would look so much better in my room with a 14FT ceiling. Haha. :D

That showroom in the picture is way too small for those monsters.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
@Gmoney, I absolutely love Active systems with External Amps, instead of built-in internal amps. :D

My regular RBH SVT towers already rock my 5,500 SF house. I cannot imagine what this overkill monster would do, although I'm sure they would look so much better in my room with a 14FT ceiling. Haha. :D

Top of the morning to ya Andrew! Your setup is at the top of the food chain for sure. Our Leader Gene who has RBH top dog speaker’s setup in his HT room is as sweet as it gets. You two are Definitely living the dream man! ;)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
They look amazing and you want to purchase them. The financial outlay is just starting! You have to move into another house with a bigger listening room or studio. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Talk about Tower of Power! :D

A pair of these monsters = Four Large SV-1212 Reference Subs.

Yeah, I want 2 pairs of these monsters - one tower for each corner of my 26' x 22' x 14' room = EIGHT (8) Large SV-1212 Reference Subs! :D

C

CoryW

Audioholic

Want to see something also new and sexy?? They come in black.

Attachments

S

Schrodinger23

Audioholic Intern
I know that they look really cool and all. But, if someone has a rectangular sealed room, it would be best to take the 4 subs in the 4 corners of the room and put the "satellite" middle sections on speakers stands. There would be even more bass output and the bass would be more uniform.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I know that they look really cool and all. But, if someone has a rectangular sealed room, it would be best to take the 4 subs in the 4 corners of the room and put the "satellite" middle sections on speakers stands. There would be even more bass output and the bass would be more uniform.
OTOH they are in 4 corners, just different plane :)

S

Schrodinger23

Audioholic Intern
OTOH they are in 4 corners, just different plane :)
Good point. However, these speakers are kind of ridiculous in that sized room. In a larger room, one wouldn’t want the satellite speakers in the corner. So it would be best to separate the subs to maximize placement of all speakers, rather than focus on aesthetics.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis