Is the Emotiva UPA-7 a good amp to purchase?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
To anyone that owns these am I missing something here? I unboxed them and have 4 speakers and grills with 2 templates. And I have the clamps that grab onto your ceiling. But I appear to be missing screws unless they are the ones on the sides of the speakers. And I couldn't find any user manual or instructions to install. Here's a pic of what I got I emailed RSL so if I'm missing something I'm sure they'll sort it outView attachment 26125
Hey homes, I only got 2 seconds. No screws. The dog ear clamps are all you need.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I’ll learn from you and WILLIAM L. :) I believe he said his 4 are installed but he is looking for an Atmos AVR to complete the install.
Kool kool did you get some type of manual in the box? With install instructions. I want to make sure I don't screw these up.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Kool kool did you get some type of manual in the box? With install instructions. I want to make sure I don't screw these up.
Comes with a power cord for an Emotiva UPA-7. :)

One sec I’ll look thru the boxes...

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
To anyone that owns these am I missing something here? I unboxed them and have 4 speakers and grills with 2 templates. And I have the clamps that grab onto your ceiling. But I appear to be missing screws unless they are the ones on the sides of the speakers. And I couldn't find any user manual or instructions to install. Here's a pic of what I got I emailed RSL so if I'm missing something I'm sure they'll sort it outView attachment 26125
They are in the outer ring of the speaker. When tightening they push the tabs bnb out and then pull them in to tighten against the surface. I have the same in my cieling and love them. Easy to adjust by slightly loosening them and turning the speaker then tighten again.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Ok so one one of the emails from my order at the bottom it says click link to download manual. Did you get emails when you ordered?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
They are in the outer ring of the speaker. When tightening they push the tabs bnb out and then pull them in to tighten against the surface. I have the same in my cieling and love them. Easy to adjust by slightly loosening them and turning the speaker then tighten again.
Kool thanks!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok so one one of the emails from my order at the bottom it says click link to download manual. Did you get emails when you ordered?
I found it online but I'll check that email to make sure I didn't miss anything

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
What other speakers do you use with your RSL 34E’s? Seems like most people mix them with other brand speakers. (My plan too). :)

nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
What other speakers do you use with your RSL 34E’s? Seems like most people mix them with other brand speakers. (My plan too). :)
I run The KEF Q900's for fronts, Q600 center, Q100's for surrounds and the RSL's for atmos. With 4 Chane SBE-118's for the subs.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I run The KEF Q900's for fronts, Q600 center, Q100's for surrounds and the RSL's for atmos. With 4 Chane SBE-118's for the subs.
Guys real quick emergency help here Bjorns took an older integrated amp I brought in and gave me 500 for it so I can get the 4400 for 300 but I can also get a steep discount on another model for example they have the Denon 6400 for 1000 with my discount If you guys got some good ideas let me know otherwise it's the Denon 4400H for $300!!!! Oh yeah booooyyyyy!!!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Guys real quick emergency help here Bjorns took an older integrated amp I brought in and gave me 500 for it so I can get the 4400 for 300 but I can also get a steep discount on another model for example they have the Denon 6400 for 1000 with my discount If you guys got some good ideas let me know otherwise it's the Denon 4400H for $300!!!! Oh yeah booooyyyyy!!!
I would vote for the $300 deal on 4400. Especially since you are doing external amps anyhow.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Never mind I my sales guy is so cool he's like your really not getting any extra with newer models so Duuuude I got the 4400H for $324!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Dangit you beat my deal of 599! You have stolen my thunder sir!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Dangit you beat my deal of 599! You have stolen my thunder sir!
Sir yes sir! I would just like to point out that it all happened thanks to you sir! You inspired me with that post remember? ULTIMATE POOOOOWWWWEERRRR!!!!!!!!!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Ya so you might have Atmos going this weekend? Are wires already run from your old ceiling speakers near where your AVR is going?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ya so you might have Atmos going this weekend? Are wires already run from your old ceiling speakers near where your AVR is going?
I don't have a lot of experience putting in in ceiling speakers. The manual for the C34E's don't have visual illustrations on how to do it. I don't want to screw anything up I'm sure I could figure it out but there would be a learning curve. I have an installer who is independent and gives me great deals since the wires are run and the holes are already there he'll give me a dirt cheap deal to put an in. Figure it's safer that way

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
So I plan on swapping recievers on Saturday wiring everything up and making sure those ones in the ceilings know are working. Just run pink noise through them. That way when he comes put em in Tuesday morning he just pops an in and I got all day to set up calibrate and play! So you can still beat me to Atmos Lol. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis