Is spending 16k on a projector ridiculous?

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
I have seen the Ruby several times at shows, under Sony's idea of optimum conditions, and have yet to see it produce an image as good as the Sim2 C3X... The Sim2 has a depth to it the Sony can't match, and every time, has blacker blacks... and better shadow detail..
I feel the exact same way about the 777 as described previously. Until we have real 1080p content the 3 chip DLP's set the standard IMOHO
I think you will find the Infocus 777 and the Sim very close in performance.
If you don’t then something is wrong with one or the other if you get my drift;)

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
RLA, Oh Yea?! Well my installer can kick your installers butt:p :p

TABCON

TABCON

Audioholic
ReVuR said:
The Sony is definitely a great value, but what the world really needs is a 1080p C3X - IMHO. Probably have to wait another year...
Yea I agree, at least a year more than likely from what I've heard. When the 1080p C3X comes out, it's going to be waaaaay out of my price range anyway and we'll have to wait a few more years before these units are affordable, and then a new one will come out that creams the 1080p C3X, like a 2080 C10X (lol) and then we can start waiting for them to go down in price...

I'm sticking with the Sony for now. For the money, I don't think anything else is as good.

Tabcon

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
RLA, Oh Yea?! Well my installer can kick your installers butt
Yikes! He sounds tough, I bet he's good looking and smart as a whip :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis