J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
The 34" seems large enough to be immersive and movielike with 16:9 material. Other aspect ratios make it seem a bit small, though (especially ultra-widescreen.) I hate "stretch" mode and will not use it.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Where the heck do you have your HT set up that affords you only the 5feet distance?

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Where the heck do you have your HT set up that affords you only the 5feet distance?
In a 10' square bedroom with the back wall covered in bookshelves (which require an access aisle.) If I bought a flat screen, I could increase the distance by the difference in thickness between it and my CRT, but that is all.
(Of course, a 42" at 74" has exactly the same viewing angle as a 34" at 60", so buying one and moving it back 14" would not gain me anything.)

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Not yet....

Greetings!

This is my first post here after lurking for several years. Boy I struggled with this issue for several months before deciding to buy my first flat panel monitor. I ended up going with plasma for a couple of reasons. First was price. I found a good 50” Samsung (HP-T5054). It is 720 p, but I couldn’t tell a difference at all between any of them really (1080p vs 720 p) other then image brightness/contrast really. Second was picture quality. The model I chose actually had one of the best pictures of them all as compared. Maybe it was the way they set it up, but boy what a picture it has compared to my old 32” CRT. I feel that the technology changes so darned much that I just would pick what I liked at a price that was right. Anything will be obsolete in a year…. That’s what I did. I should add that I am the kind of guy that will buy last year's model at close out. Trying to keep up with the latest technology is nearly impossible.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis