Is it Time to Cut the Cord?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
This is why there are so many people still on cable. They make you pay to have less.
This is why there are so many people still on cable. They make you pay to have less.
Yeah! evil bustards! cable has like 15 bucks or more of taxes! plus 8.99 a month just for the cable box.Where I live they are the only game in town. ATT would cost me a lot more.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah! evil bustards! cable has like 15 bucks or more of taxes! plus 8.99 a month just for the cable box.Where I live they are the only game in town. ATT would cost me a lot more.
Really? If ATT fiber is available where you are it should be pretty cheap. I'm paying $72/mo for gigabit and it's great. Found out they give you HBO Max included. No love for ATT from me, but that's a pretty sweet deal.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Really? If ATT fiber is available where you are it should be pretty cheap. I'm paying $72/mo for gigabit and it's great. Found out they give you HBO Max included. No love for ATT from me, but that's a pretty sweet deal.
No fiber here, not yet anyways. Cox has a monopoly here. Now just 15 miles down the road in Youngsville they have fiber and it's better and cheaper. Lafayette has fiber and I read a few weeks ago they will be running fiber from Lafayette to New Iberia but just into the down town area's. Plus on top of that Lafayette owns the fiber system with is LUS, so again if and when that does happen Lafayette will have a monopoly on fiber here in New Iberia. Very Corrupt state I live in not to mention the city is very corrupt.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Anybody have Paramount+? Ever since they switched from CBS All Access, I've had a few shows that we watch either the new episodes show up and the only option is to add to watchlist, or they want money to watch them. I purchase Paramount+ through Amazon, which is kind of nice that it shows up under my prime stuff, so maybe it's more of an Amazon problem, but it's kind of frustrating when you pay for content but can't watch it.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Anybody have Paramount+? Ever since they switched from CBS All Access, I've had a few shows that we watch either the new episodes show up and the only option is to add to watchlist, or they want money to watch them. I purchase Paramount+ through Amazon, which is kind of nice that it shows up under my prime stuff, so maybe it's more of an Amazon problem, but it's kind of frustrating when you pay for content but can't watch it.
That's the amazon app. It did that to me for a kids show that the midgets like. Now it's not free anymore so I'd have to pay for the seasons. Nope. The way the amazon fire devices show things is not exactly logical in that you don't just get stuff you have actually paid for, but all sorts of stuff that it'll ask you to pay for.

I have Paramount+ and haven't had that problem with it, but I'm using Android TV instead of a Fire TV. If you are using it though the Amazon Video app, I'm sure it's probably a similar problem. I bet your amazon account will let you sign into the standalone Paramount+ app. Then you may not have that issue.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
That's the amazon app. It did that to me for a kids show that the midgets like. Now it's not free anymore so I'd have to pay for the seasons. Nope. The way the amazon fire devices show things is not exactly logical in that you don't just get stuff you have actually paid for, but all sorts of stuff that it'll ask you to pay for.

I have Paramount+ and haven't had that problem with it, but I'm using Android TV instead of a Fire TV. If you are using it though the Amazon Video app, I'm sure it's probably a similar problem. I bet your amazon account will let you sign into the standalone Paramount+ app. Then you may not have that issue.
I'll have to try logging into the stand alone app. I like having it on the Prime page, just easier to navigate and everything is in one spot, that but that doesn't mean anything when you can't actually watch the content.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'll have to try logging into the stand alone app. I like having it on the Prime page, just easier to navigate and everything is in one spot, that but that doesn't mean anything when you can't actually watch the content.
I agree with the concept of everything being on one page, but Amazon's execution of that concept sucks.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Tried logging in to the stand alone app on my Roku, but it didn't recognize the Amazon log in. Guess I either need to switch out of Prime or contact them.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Cut my ties with Dish about 6 mo ago.
I remember when a cable subscription meant no ads, all the movie channels and not a bad basic lineup. These days, you have to put up with Ads and programming such as "How to Fix Crepe Skin" info programs etc. Complete garbage!
If they would include internet, allow you to pick which channels you wanted and do it in high definition, sure I'd probably resubscribe. Don't see it happening though. I kept internet through a different provider and stream everything. Seems to be the way it's going.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Funny thing is I cut the cord with DTV years ago and went full on streaming TV. I've used Sling TV, Philo, PS Vue, Att watch now, Hulu Live, and youtube TV. YouTube TV is by far the best, but I've found I don't really use it all that much other than for the kids to watch something. If there is a game on or maybe a live event I care about (there aren't any) I'll use it for that, but I just don't watch Live TV anymore. Again, other than sports.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Recently added Peacock TV, and seriously considering dropping Netflix as we never watch it. I am getting a little disappointed in the commercials that some of these are trying to insert, at least at the beginning of the programs. Paramount is probably the worst for it.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Recently added Peacock TV, and seriously considering dropping Netflix as we never watch it. I am getting a little disappointed in the commercials that some of these are trying to insert, at least at the beginning of the programs. Paramount is probably the worst for it.
I've never heard of Peacock TV. However, Netflix is about to go bye bye in my house. 22$/month and it's terrible. The video and sound quality is garbage, and the programming is abysmal. On top of that, I barely watch it. Not worth the 22$/month.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Isn't it nice we all have options to not subscribe or subscribe to services. It is a matter of what you can afford and or the service means anything to you. Life moves on.........................

H

Huey645

Audioholic
I've never heard of Peacock TV. However, Netflix is about to go bye bye in my house. 22$/month and it's terrible. The video and sound quality is garbage, and the programming is abysmal. On top of that, I barely watch it. Not worth the 22$/month.
$22? What exactly are you getting for that? I think mine is $16 or $17 a month, and that's with the 4K add on. Peacock TV is NBC's offering into the streaming mix. Now if Disney would add ABC to their lineup, all the majors would have streaming services, except for Fox.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Question, what kind of stuff do you like? Example shows?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Peacock TV
I've seen the Peacock adds on Hulu but never put the two together, NBC and Peacock. I guess next or as the Internet channels mount, each major Network will have a Internet TV channel line competing with APPLE, Hulu, Sling etc...

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Yep, just a matter of time those streaming channels will be implementing more commercials. I refuse to pay for cable channels and you gotta watch a bunch commercials.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yep, just a matter of time those streaming channels will be implementing more commercials. I refuse to pay for cable channels and you gotta watch a bunch commercials.
None of the streaming services I pay for have commercials. Some of them have a free tier that has commercials so I'm thinking that's what they're using. I don't have Peacock though, but I do have Paramount+ (garbage, I'm cancelling it) and it has no commercials.

G

GotAudio

Audioholic
I used to have cable TV and DIRECTV for a long time but I cut the cord about two years ago and got this. Hooked up on my roof and can rotate with a remote.Plus I don’t watch that much TV anymore.
D01B725B-C1DD-41CA-9129-E486830E73F7.jpg

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I won’t bother with peacock til I can afford premium plus . I use roku ultra it streams Netflix very clear and better sound quality.
My cheap bedroom system makes it sound amazing… it’s all about speaker placement.
But Blu-ray crushes Netflix there audio is only Dolby digital basic so yes it is trash …
I think Netflix is only worth it if you watch it enough to justify the price that keeps rising ?!!!
Otherwise look Hulu or others better.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis