Is AVR-4400H good enough KEF R11?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@Pogre how do you figure on the volume scale? Reference on the absolute scale is usually 80/82....
My bad, I misremembered. You're right, it is 80 for my Marantz. It's been so long since I've used that scale. I'll fix my post too. Thanks for the correction.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Interesting advice. But it looks familiar. :)

J

john20182050

Audioholic
@Pogre @lovinthehd @ryanosaur Thanks a lot for the details and info. One more question, currently I use Mediabridge 12AWG for my R500 and based on my knowledge Mediabridge 12AWG is more than enough for R11 when I'm placing this about 4 feet away from the receiver. Is that correct?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@Pogre @lovinthehd @ryanosaur Thanks a lot for the details and info. One more question, currently I use Mediabridge 12AWG for my R500 and based on my knowledge Mediabridge 12AWG is more than enough for R11 when I'm placing this about 4 feet away from the receiver. Is that correct?
12g is more than overkill for 4 foot lengths....only at about 30 ft for 2 ohm loads would you maybe consider 10g :) http://roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm#wiretable

ps Even if the Mediabridge is CCA, it's still good :) Is it?

J

john20182050

Audioholic
I'm back here. Is it possible to just use a power amp (without preamp) to connect to my receiver AVR 4400H? Do I need to buy an integrated amp or power amp + preamp to get HT bypass?

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Hi John,

I have the same receiver and don't need more power to drive my Atmos setup. (At least not until I try it as 7.2.4) Did you try the new speakers with the AVR-X4400H? I assume is isn't loud enough for you or you wouldn't be looking for more power now.

You would purchase a power amp that does not have a built in pre-amplifier stage. Such a device is called an integrated amplifier. You just need a straight old power amp.

I hope this is helpful.

J

john20182050

Audioholic
Hi John,

I have the same receiver and don't need more power to drive my Atmos setup. (At least not until I try it as 7.2.4) Did you try the new speakers with the AVR-X4400H? I assume is isn't loud enough for you or you wouldn't be looking for more power now.

You would purchase a power amp that does not have a built in pre-amplifier stage. Such a device is called an integrated amplifier. You just need a straight old power amp.

I hope this is helpful.
Thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis