Irascible Old Man Strikes Again

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Sheep said:
Aw wut! U geezers tink my muzak is bunk because you dont liek it???

wtf eva mang, dont be hating on my scrizzle just because you aint biggizle

fuk yous with opera n **** it sucks i hate that jaz crap thats the crap

no respect for muzak big up, wut!

Booyakasha!

SheepStar

Busta' Sheep, didn't know you could rap or were fluent in ebonics.;)

S

sploo

Full Audioholic
Clint DeBoer said:
What's really sad is that he was lucky he didn't get fired over that little bit of instruction as one of the boys might have been "offended".
Yup. All the kids know their rights, but responsibilities, well, who cares...

The teacher was actually a 'she'... who frequently got punched by 15 year old kids whilst trying to break up fights. Of course, if you even looked like you were going to touch a kid, that's the end of your career.

Needless to say, she quit, and now does something less depressing.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Brittish 'gangstas'... I just find that thought funny.

But speaking of the rap lifestyle, has anyone ever seen the Mtv show CRIBS? Its 'Lifestsyles Of The Rich & Famous', but for rappers. Its hilarious to think that you can live like trailer trash in a $2,000,000 house. Lets examine some highlights from a recent episode of 'Face''s crib (Face is at least 400lbs... thsi is important later)

*4 story Atlanta walkup, the first floor isn't even finished. (exposed rywall studs, etc).
*Kitchen isn't working (stove not hooked up).
*Fridge full of Bud Ice.
*No furniture in most rooms, his couch is something you'd find at the "we finance anyone!" furniture store.
*room of sneakers. He owned 100+ pairs of basketball sneakers, many of which he's never worn (And he'd probably drop dead of a coronary if he tried to shoot some hoops). Some of them are "limited editions" that cost up to $2000! I didn't know you could buy collectible tennis shoes, let alone $2k tennis shoes, and he has 100+ pairs.
*Microwave on his nightstand.....
*Ferrari convertible.... HE CANT FIT IN!
*3 count'em 3 Cadillac escalades.
*leftover chicken buckets in most of the rooms.

The show is every "redneck who won the lottery" story ever told, shown in living color. And these people are bragging about living like pigs (or owning cars they can't drive!).

PS: Of all the episodes Ive watched, not one of these professional musicians have a stereo system beyond a $300 JVC tabletop or a HT that isn't a $400 HTiB. :rolleyes: (Not even a Bose!)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
P Diddy has a very nice reference system in one of his rooms, it has a waterfall in the room to top it off as well. He is the only one that I have seen that has a respectable system, and he didn't even talk about it, probably to avoid looking like a nerd.:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
JoeE SP9 said:
If my muffler wasn't noisy how could I hear the engine in my car. I like the sound of lots of horse power.:D
What, my whole 120 horses? I want an exhaust that sounds good when you want it to (IE: full throttle), not when I'm parking my car.

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Seth=L said:
...and he didn't even talk about it, probably to avoid looking like a nerd.:D
i think we got an answer for you R&R ninja

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Sheep said:
What, my whole 120 horses? I want an exhaust that sounds good when you want it to (IE: full throttle), not when I'm parking my car.

SheepStar
exactly my sentiment! I can step out and WALK faster than these cars can actually drive! (they sound really fast btw)

I want to be driving 100mph and ask myself, is my engine on!? or step on the pedal and zoom away without making a noise. that's luxury refinement!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
mike c said:
exactly my sentiment! I can step out and WALK faster than these cars can actually drive! (they sound really fast btw)

I want to be driving 100mph and ask myself, is my engine on!? or step on the pedal and zoom away without making a noise. that's luxury refinement!
Hey, may car pulls at 100mph. The main thing is power to weight.

SheepStar

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
sploo said:
Yup. All the kids know their rights, but responsibilities, well, who cares...

The teacher was actually a 'she'... who frequently got punched by 15 year old kids whilst trying to break up fights. Of course, if you even looked like you were going to touch a kid, that's the end of your career.

Needless to say, she quit, and now does something less depressing.
My wife was a public school teacher & i can tell ya its safer working at a 7 11 on the graveyard shift,these little monsters know full well they can do anything they want to another kid or teacher & the most that will happen to them is that they are ordered to revieve counseling,they also know that even if they are convicted of a crime against a teacher they will be out in no time,after all"their just kids".

Durring her career she was threatened many times by little fake gangster wannabee's,one kid in particular was enough trouble that after several meetings with the counselor, his worthless parents & my wife the kid got threw out of school for the rest of the school year only to swear vengance on my wife,within a week after that episode she left the school to find all 4 tires slashed on her car,that was when we decided enough was enough & that we didnt need the money bad enough for her to be threatened & stalked by a soon to be convict who she was just trying to teach the english language to.

The b!tch of it was is that my wife is one of the nicest people on the planet & really cared about teaching & helping kids no matter who they were & this little punks parents could give a crap less & acted as if everything was my wife & "the systems" fault for not understanding how to get through to the monster that they created.

Teachers in public schools should be allowed to cary & use cattle prod's at their discretion.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
highfihoney said:
Teachers in public schools should be allowed to cary & use cattle prod's at their discretion.
The 1st day of school half of the class, randomly determined, should be whipped to death with extention cords. The remaining 50% will be told "yes we are serious" and you shall be set on fire and put-out with a wet chain if you so much as blink in an inappropriate manner.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
highfihoney said:
My wife was a public school teacher & i can tell ya its safer working at a 7 11 on the graveyard shift,these little monsters know full well they can do anything they want to another kid or teacher & the most that will happen to them is that they are ordered to revieve counseling,they also know that even if they are convicted of a crime against a teacher they will be out in no time,after all"their just kids".

Durring her career she was threatened many times by little fake gangster wannabee's,one kid in particular was enough trouble that after several meetings with the counselor, his worthless parents & my wife the kid got threw out of school for the rest of the school year only to swear vengance on my wife,within a week after that episode she left the school to find all 4 tires slashed on her car,that was when we decided enough was enough & that we didnt need the money bad enough for her to be threatened & stalked by a soon to be convict who she was just trying to teach the english language to.

The b!tch of it was is that my wife is one of the nicest people on the planet & really cared about teaching & helping kids no matter who they were & this little punks parents could give a crap less & acted as if everything was my wife & "the systems" fault for not understanding how to get through to the monster that they created.

Amen,
My wife was an elementary school teacher, she also got fed up with the system. It's not just the schools, but the parents. She left the little pirahnas, for the big sharks, she's in the law field now. And she also happens to be one of the mellowest persons I've ever met. She was threatened, cussed at and there was not a thing she could do, the parents didn't care. We have a four year old in private school.

What I find reprehensible are politicians who have their kids in private schools and yet refuse to admit to the sham known as the Public School System. You can blame the bureaucracy, the teacher's union, the parents and lastly the noobs in DC that think that throwing money at the system is the answer.:mad:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Nick250 said:
That is offensive Seth.

Nick
Because I generalized, sorry. That is why many people of different nations have a general dislike for Americans because they see some of our shows and hear some of the rap "music" that Americans seem to be deep into. I hope that was less offensive. If that is offensive, then the truth must be offensive.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Happy Happy Joy Joy

Rap...thousands of songs...maybe ten good ones.

Schools / students / teachers / parents...When I went to high school (graduated 1986) in the district I was in there was maybe 1 good teacher out of 4 and maybe 1 great teacher out of 20. Our school district is made up of mostly middle class to upper middle class families with the usual hand full of poor and rich thrown in. The teachers in our area are paid very well with very good benifits.

I used to hate most teachers because so many just cruise through life not caring if a child learns or not. You know the type. They went into teaching because you get paid full time and get all summer off, not for the love of teaching.(I'm just mad because I should have become a shop teacher ) I also hate (still do) school districts that can't see that making it manditory to make sure a kid can fill out a check properly or to understand how your credit rating works and how it can affect your life or any of the other common everyday things they need to know to function as an adult. Some students get this knowledge if they take the correct class but not all of them.

Before I start sounding like some of our older freinds. (just a joke...my wife thinks she married an 80 year old with a bad attitude)

It's everyones fault to one degree or another but I really think the parents "steer the bus" and should be paying more attention to the road. That being said our public schools can do a very fine job. Take a good kid who was made to understand that education is important by parents that pay attention to the childs school work and activites and helps them choose the proper courses and activities and most school districts have what the student needs to get the job done.

Have a wonderful day!
SBF1

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
Sheep said:
Hey, may car pulls at 100mph. The main thing is power to weight.
SheepStar
For acceleration at lower speeds, most certainly yes. At higher speads wind drag becomes the big issue. You can take two cars and one has the lower trap time, but the more aerodynamic car may be going faster with it passes the quarter mile marker even though it has a higher ET.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
Seth=L said:
Because I generalized, sorry. That is why many people of different nations have a general dislike for Americans because they see some of our shows and hear some of the rap "music" that Americans seem to be deep into. I hope that was less offensive. If that is offensive, then the truth must be offensive.
I don't think you are in possession of the "truth". The majority of the world's population has never heard rap or seen American TV.

Last edited:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
stratman said:
Amen,

What I find reprehensible are politicians who have their kids in private schools and yet refuse to admit to the sham known as the Public School System. You can blame the bureaucracy, the teacher's union, the parents and lastly the noobs in DC that think that throwing money at the system is the answer.:mad:
Very well said! Here in New Jersey the teacher's union is worse than the Mafia! What a massive shell game, with our tax dollars.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
You are being critical. It was intended to be slightly humorous. How exactly was this offensive to begin with? I don't really agree with this as being offensive.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Sheep said:
I missed this...

....Oh you will pay...

SheepStar
Right on top of things, eh Sheep? :D

EDIT: You know what's fascinating? My new name is on all my old posts. Since your reply has my old name on it, you must have saved this for later use. Hmmm. As Arte Johnson used to say..."very interesting".

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis