Inuke nu4 6000 wiring

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
Just picked up this amp to replace my ep4000. This is to power 2 um18 subs. I have each sub wired to 4ohm. Now I'm so lost on how this amps bridge works and how to wire speakons. Do I bridge in the speakon? Or do I wire just pos and negative to +1 and -1. I have a 4 conductor to each sub. So 2 pos and 2 neg. Could I put a pos on each +1 and +2 and both neg on -1 and -2?
I've Googled so much but found not much info. Hard to find that I'm the only one lost here on how I'm wiring this up to get 2 channels out of 4 to bridge.

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
So I have it hooked up in the speakon to 1+ and 1-
Using channel a and c for the subs. Put the switch into bridge mode and the it other switch to full range.
Now I tested it out. It is louder then the ep4000 but still dosent seem like it's putting out a lot of power. Maybe it's just me and I expect more but I figured these 2 18's off "1800" or so watts that should out a huge grin on my face but I'm actually just starting to hit clip limiter and I want to turn it up more lol

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Can’t offer any help without a link to the manual. Maybe you’ll have better luck finding one than I did. FWIW, 1+ and 1- is probably not the correct Speakon wiring for bridged...

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
When an amplifier is bridged it sees the load @ a lower impedance, the UM18 can be 4 Ohms or 2 Ohms depending upon which model U have. This will cause the bridged amplifier to actually throttle back its power output.. Behringer products are well known for publishing unrealistic power output specs, my recommendation is that if U want the subwoofers to pound U should return the NU4 and step up to a higher quality pro-audio power amplifier...

Just my $0.02... ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've looked at that but it just confuses me.
Also I doubt they would take back a now used amp. From what I read onine this was the go to amp for running 2 of these subs.
What confuses you? It's what I use for all my speakon wiring, think it's pretty clear. I also couldn't find much of a manual for the NU4-6000, just the quick start thing off their website which is in several languages and kinda hard to read but didn't spot the bridge info, but didn't try super hard either. There are better amps but they're more expensive :)

You haven't been very specific about the terminals and wiring on your subs; I assume you've got the dual vc 2 ohm driver but nice if you clarify what driver and how you wired it and with what terminals and connectors (assume 4 pole, but...).

I think you're fine with the power it produces even without bridging....what's the max recommended wattage for that driver in that box anyways?

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
1000 watts rms I believe. I'm confused for my application. There is lots of diagrams but nothing for just 2 single subwoofers. I've wired my 2ohm vc subs to 4 ohm each. So that amp is suppose to be able to put out a good amount of power. I hAve 4 pole connectors but read online that I only needed to us +1 for pos. And -1 for neg. So that's what I did.

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
Also how is the speakon wired inside. I mean are both positives on the 4 pole connector the same? Same with both negatives. Or are they all seperate?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Behringer have a very crappy service and don't even publish decent specs on their products on line. On top of that, you don't even have access to an owner's manual for download.

I had a bad experience with one of their DEQ2496, and it took them over 3 months to replace a defective unit, after a lot of emails and attempt to get it fixed locally etc.

I wouldn't recommend Behringer to anyone.

Last edited:
C

CET

Audiophyte
I have three um18-22 that needs amplification (haven't built the boxes yet). I'm thinking about the iNuke NU4-6000 (maybe adding another um18 later on).

I will get like 860w something per channel. I'm not aiming for enormous amounts of SPL but I'm gonna use some EQ (miniDSP probably) and that needs some power in the lower frequencies. I think the room amplifies the lower frequencies quite good to start with (looks like it with REW room sim) so maybe I don't need that much power to compensate with.

I don't have that much money to spend on this as it's for a company and I have a set budget. A more optimal choice would be two amps of course. One for two of them and a second for the third one (and maybe a fourth sub in the future).

Do you guys think I'll get OK results with the NU4-6000? It's for HT use.
I don't know if I should spend more cause then I have to skip other things. Maybe someone knows of a good alternative amp. I live in Sweden so I can't get hold of anything. Then I need to import and that cost a lot. Things costs a lot in Sweden to begin with :)
As money is an issue I thought the NU4 could be a good candidate as it's a multichannel amp.

C

CET

Audiophyte
Or maybe I can buy three NU-1000DSP instead and have 1000w in bridged mode. Will they be powerful enough for these subs? I know numbers can be deceiving. I wonder if 1000w will give me much more than the 860w.

1x NU4-6000 + miniDSP is the cheapest.
3 x NU-1000DSP is just a bit more expensive but adds a lot of fan noise and need more cables.
3 x NU-1000 + miniDSP is almost the same price but just a bit more expensive.
2 x NU-6000DSP is a lot more expensive. From $640 to $980 compared to NU4 + miniDSP.
2 x NU-6000 + miniDSP is even more expensive.

The miniDSP is easier to use. Biquad support is great. But it's not like you EQ every day so putting things in manually is maybe not a factor to consider in this case. I will EQ like once or something then I'm done. Not like with my personal stuff where I experiment a lot.

Buying several PA amps will add a lot of horrible fan noise. Having one is bad enough.. having three is a bit crazy. I'm gonna have them located in a place that dampen them a bit but the less fan noise you can have the better. I could perhaps have them located in the ceiling (it's a lowered ceiling with insulation plates, regular office/hospital building stuff) and add some foam insulation under them.

I'm not gonna do any fan mod as I will lose the warranty.

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
did some more reading on speakon connectors, it seems like to bridge you wire pos from sub to +1 and neg from sub to +2. and then set amp switch to bridge mode. Does this sound right? and i use channel a and c only. just want to confirm before testing it and blowing something up

C

CET

Audiophyte
That should be right. I tried bridge mode on my NU-1000DSP at home. I used Channel A, pos 1+ neg 2+ and set it to bridged mode. Worked for me and that is what it says on the back at least.

Seems to be the same thing with NU4-6000 looking at the back. As you've written, use the pos for 1+ and the neg for 2+ for each channel (only channel A and C) and set them both to bridged mode.

But maybe someone else should confirm this. I'm fairly new to these amps.

Sorry for hijacking this thread! Don't know why I posted my stuffe here. Should've started a new thread. I didn't read the dates on the posts. Realized this was a very fresh thread.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Wiring the speaker cable to 1+ and 2+ is usually the correct Speakon wiring for bridging.

However, the connector can then only be plugged into a designated jack. Some amps have a separate Speakon jack to be used for bridging. If not, there should be nomenclature on the back of the amp indicating which jack to use.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
Wiring the speaker cable to 1+ and 2+ is usually the correct Speakon wiring for bridging.

However, the connector can then only be plugged into a designated jack. Some amps have a separate Speakon jack to be used for bridging. If not, there should be nomenclature on the back of the amp indicating which jack to use.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Here is a pic of the back of the amp.

Attachments

Hostility

Hostility

Full Audioholic
ok just tested it one at a time and then both. Its def. in bridge mode now. I didn't crank it but i can hear a difference for sure. so just for anyones info, settings are : Full range, Bridge mode, and 1 sub wired to channel A pos. on +1 and Neg on +2. did the same for the other sub but on channel c. I use both channel a and c gain control on the front on full. B and D i left at 0. Cant wait to try a movie now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis