Integrated Amp discussion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
In my view it is even simpler than that. If you don't need Video capabilities, don't get an AVR. There is no valid reason to do so.
Why are you going to extremes to convince me that I shouldn't own a high quality Lexus LX 570 and Mercedes G500? :eek:

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Why are you going to extremes to convince me that I shouldn't own a high quality Lexus LX 570 and Mercedes G500? :eek:
The Lexus, that nose (grill) is so fugly you'd think it's Darth Vaders illegitimate step child .......

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
In my view it is even simpler than that:

-If you DON'T need video capabilities, don't get an AVR. There is no valid reason to do so.​
-If you DO need video capabilities then you must get an AVR (or Pre-Pro?Amp, etc.).​
And if you don't need to rock crawl or ford boggy creeks, don't get a G Wagen...

Purchasing to meet requirements, not feed ego, is a wiser way to spend money. But if you really plan to go off-road, get the G Wagen. It's a superb off roader (drove a 6 cyl diesel version in East Africa. It was olive drab, if you get my meaning).

Last edited:
Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
<eargiant,

Do you have any examples of two-channel integrated amplifiers (brands and models) that would meet the needs of customers using only stereo playback?

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
Step up to plate. There are lurkers here who are looking for ideas for two-channel amplifiers. Help them out.
Without understanding their requirements or budgets, <eargiant would be taking shots in the dark.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
@Out-Of-Phase - there have been plenty of recommendations in this thread already. I would suggest starting out on page 1. IF one is still unsure, one could always start a new thread and I am sure any on of AH's fine members (@<eargiant and yourself included) would be happy to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis