KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Just saw that Accessories4less has a pretty good selection of refurbbed Onkyo/Integra pre-pros:
https://www.accessories4less.com/?type=&page=category&action=&id=audioamps&skip_redirect_suffix=&view_id=cbd321ec13c7f982d3ca53d197b9bbabcda39564&mode=&search_query=&category=&thumb_sort=store_price.asc&brand_f[]=ONKYO&brand_f[]=INTEGRA

What caught my attention was the DHC-80.1 and 80.2 for $440 (MSRP $2999). (Note: $110 or 20% gets discounted when it goes into cart).
Admittedly, this unit is getting long of tooth, but it offers Audyssey XT 32 with SubEQ HT.
I suspect it compares favorably against inexpensive pre-pros from Emotiva and Outlaw.
The Integra refurbs come with a 2 year warranty by Integra.

Most of us have categorically avoided Onkyo/Integra AVR's due to their overheating issues, but it seems reasonable that removing the amp section from the box would solve this. Any word on this?

Are there any other reasons to avoid Integra?

If someone already has external amps, what would they give up buying one of these for $440 as opposed to buying a Denon 4300 for $800?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd think just the 4k/HDCP/overhead stuff would be "missing"....also wonder if they have been updated to avoid the hdmi/network board issues that Onkyo units of the era have a rep for?....that is indeed a very tempting price.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
If someone already has external amps, what would they give up buying one of these for $440 as opposed to buying a Denon 4300 for $800?
A 6x2 HDMI switch ($100-150) to compensate for missing UHD capability and there's hope. I'm not sure if said switch would bump both outputs to 1080p since the Integra would be connected to an output (the other going to a display).

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would rather get the Denon X3300 brand new for $599 from Amazon. It also has Audyssey XT32 and pre-outs to use as a pre-pro if people want. Plus, it's a lot more updated.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis