Integra DTR-40.5 and DTR-50.5 AVRs First Look

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
So I have been using an Integra 30.5 and wow is all I really can say. This was my first experience with Audssey and I was more than surprised at what it did in an imperfect room. Bass has never been so accurate, speakers adjusted properly (besided some minor tweaking, but hey) and their power supply is more than ample for most if not all applications. Setup was a breeze, wifi worked great the first time, AND it looks really cool.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
This was my first experience with Audssey and I was more than surprised at what it did in an imperfect room. Bass has never been so accurate, speakers adjusted properly (besided some minor tweaking, but hey)
I hate to be slightly off topic but I just experimented with running Audyssey in my highly imperfect room where my other 2 channel system is and was also surprised what Audyssey did. It did virtually nothing in my closer to acoustically perfect HT room. So I think you got the key word "imperfect room" right and it is a good thing that Onkyo/Integra stick with Audyssey.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
MSRP: $1,300 (DTR-50.5); $1,700 (DTR-40.5)

^ It looks like the prices are next to the wrong unit.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I hate to be slightly off topic but I just experimented with running Audyssey in my highly imperfect room where my other 2 channel system is and was also surprised what Audyssey did. It did virtually nothing in my closer to acoustically perfect HT room. So I think you got the key word "imperfect room" right and it is a good thing that Onkyo/Integra stick with Audyssey.
Yeah, I think it differs from room to room. I've tried Audyssey in my HT and family room w/o great success. That's why we hear proponents on both sides. The Bryston, Cary Audio, Rotel group don't even effectuate any sort of RC, while most brands do offer some sort of RC. Of course, some fans of ARC claim that ARC is better and smarter than Audyssey and if you have ARC and you still don't prefer ARC, then you are incompetent. :eek:

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I was surprised on how well that Audyssey works in my bedroom because my room conditions are not ideal and its just MultEQ vs XT16 or XT32.

To get back on topic: As an integra owner, my major complaints with the brand is that they have yet to embrace both HD Radio and ipod compatibility.

I only have the ipod nano, because my Zune HD would not work with my 2012 Infiniti G37sX. You can't just plug in your ipod to the USB of the receivers and expect it to work and no airplay compatibility

It does however offer pretty much any other type of streaming on the market, but is annoying that it refuses to offer this.

On a side note, please don't make fun of me that I purchased a ZuneHD player LOL, it was a great mp3 player :)

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm I the only one confused about $1700 Receiver with inferior Audyssey MultiEQ vs top of the line MultEQ XT32 room correction ??

source: Products

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis