Insignia NSB-2111 Bookshelf Speakers

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Radiient "borrowed" the design from Kef's uni-Q drivers, and Radiient makes the Insignia Bookself speakers. Ta-Da!:)

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Matt34 said:
Well, I'll shop around for a better deal but that's the first one I found.

Sorry for the Hi-jack Buckeye.:eek:

Back to the speakers.....

I have Allison Krauss playing now and am really warming up to these speakers. I keep having to keep remind myself I only payed $50 for them. I am now positive that the first set I bought were defective.
...don't let it happen again. ;)

It's hard to believe this thread was ressurected again. I totally forgot about those bookshelves. I wonder if BB will put them back on sale for the holidays.

N

NDSANSA

Audiophyte
Dumb ? from a newbie

Could these speakers be placed on their sides? I'm interested in using them in a 6.1 ht set-up, but I don't think they will fit standing up in the space my wife is allowing:). I would be buying a set of these for the front and another set for the rear. Would this work? Any (cheap) center channel reccomendations too? This is a great forum and I can't believe how much I have learned in the last couple of hours of reading. Thanks.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
NDSANSA said:
Could these speakers be placed on their sides? I'm interested in using them in a 6.1 ht set-up, but I don't think they will fit standing up in the space my wife is allowing:). I would be buying a set of these for the front and another set for the rear. Would this work? Any (cheap) center channel reccomendations too? This is a great forum and I can't believe how much I have learned in the last couple of hours of reading. Thanks.
The rear of the speakers are wedge shaped, so they won't stand on their own. You'd need to either prop them up with something, or support them with brackets. Some sort of second wedge could work, just keep in mind they are pretty large speakers.

N

NDSANSA

Audiophyte
Thanks for the quick response. If I don't wedge them, what would the drawback be? I think I'll go for it and see if I can make them work. What would be a good center channel to work with these since these are not video shielded?

Last edited:
Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
NDSANSA said:
Thanks for the quick response. If I don't wedge them, what would the drawback be? I think I'll go for it and see if I can make them work. What would be a good center channel to work with these since these are not video shielded?
Maybe you can call this outfit and see if they'll sell just a center channel.

http://www.radiient.com/

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
For those who are interested, a DIY crossover is now available for the Insignias that improves their sound. See Dennis Murphy's website http://murphyblaster.com/content.php?f=insignia.html where he shows frequency response curves for the stock and modified Insiginias. In Dennis's words, it improves the Insignias' sound from a C or B- to a B+.

He is selling a simple modification kit that includes schematic plans for his crossover, a custom-made printed circuit board for easy mounting, a parts list and instructions.

cookiefactory

cookiefactory

Audiophyte
Anyone still rocking these speakers and perhaps even built the custom crossover?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis