Inside An Ultra Bookshelf Speaker

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Could be, didn't get my first good set of speakers until I was in high school in the early 70s :) At least I don't remember seeing the 8 screw thing much before the SVS speakers....
There are still a number of tweeters that are like that. Look at the tweeter in the AA / BR-1

And my GR "Fisheye" tweeters that have a dome that looks pretty similar to those, but with an interesting waveguide.

Klipschhead302

Klipschhead302

Senior Audioholic
Could be, didn't get my first good set of speakers until I was in high school in the early 70s :) At least I don't remember seeing the 8 screw thing much before the SVS speakers....
I remember a lot of the speakers back then having mounting screws for the tweeter, can't remember the makes though, oy vey I'm losing it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There are still a number of tweeters that are like that. Look at the tweeter in the AA / BR-1

And my GR "Fisheye" tweeters that have a dome that looks pretty similar to those, but with an interesting waveguide.

I wasn't counting my BR-1 tweets cuz there were only six screws (and I guess I never tried to unscrew the inner set when I assembled the speakers). Then I realized I had a set of Tymphany tweets with 8 screws waiting on a build, LOL. @Klipschhead302 oy vey I did lose it :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I wasn't around in the 60s lol. Speaker design wasn't exactly that advanced through much of the 70s either though. I took EVERYTHING apart as a kid. I wanted to know how it worked; getting it back together was a different story.
Me too. I still have it in me, hence this thread. :D

Although I only do it if I'm sure I could put it back together now. I destroyed many a toy as a child trying to put things back together correctly. when I was about 7 I took my little red tape player apart and made other toys out of the motor with popsicle sticks, etc. Messed up a few things, but learned a little too.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Man, you guys have me listening to my tweeter now by comparing it to the others. I detect no difference. All the parts were marked either with a red dot for pos, different sized connectors, or both. I'm 99.999999% sure it hasn't changed at all. You guys are playing on me with the remaining .000001! :p

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Lol. My wife was a little nervous, but she sat on the couch and watched me. I was explaining the different parts to her while she nodded and pretended to be cool.

She's seen me do stuff like this a hundred times so she didn't have an aneurysm, but I think she held her breath whIle i put it back together...
You answered what I was going to ask and that was going to be, did or was your wife aware of your curiosity? only because I can recall the journey you took to obtain the Ultras...Hey Pogre, BTW, your wife knows how to get your attention if you upset her...just take your tools and lock up your audio gear:p...I definitely appreciated you sharing that illustration with us, anything other than speaker I'll do...

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
Ok, I may be a bit older than most of you. Back in the late 60's and early 70's speakers had tweeters with mounting screws for the magnet, damn I guess I am old. :D
Lol, it's great to keep waking up every day, I remember when you use to take me to school:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis