R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
And I thought they were expensive before. Jeez.
SB 4000 was $1500, now $1800
Ultra Bookshelf was $500, now $600
The PB 16 Ultra was around $2400 iirc, and it is $2900 now.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yup. As of October 4th I believe. Sparked quite the conversation a week or so ago.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Every company is increasing prices - Perlisten, RBH, etc. I just got an email from Kimber Kable about price increases.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
The bright side, my speakers are worth more than the day I bought them :) Total increase in cost for my LCR amounts to $2,497 retail increase. I don't plan on selling anytime soon, or at all. The downside even the used market is starting to raise it's prices.

R

RedCharles

Full Audioholic
Ya, just looked at that thread. Scapegoating and my team is better than your team, and F SVS comments. And somehow, the debt ceiling vote is directly related to SVS raising their prices. Quite the conversation indeed.

I met Gary Yacoubian about two years ago at an event, and I asked him if SVS would ever build speakers in the US, and it was a hard no. I think they're raising prices because the cost per pound to ship from China is way up and some of their subs weigh 200 pounds.

I like SVS. I own a number of SVS speakers. But I understand how bad the shipping situation is. Just wish I would have ordered the speaker I need before October. Whatever, though, it's just a hundred bucks. Glad I got a lot of my gear before inflation started picking up. I would hate to be starting from scratch right now.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
One of the biggest contributors to cost relates to the logistics piece. It just costs a whole hell of a lot more to ship from China and other overseas countries as its a mess right now. It's the reason why Costo and Walmart are leasing ships & Containers for inventory as they don't see it getting better. Combine that with the chip shortages, even outside AKM and inflation, its the perfect storm of price inceases

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It’s been pointed out before, this isn’t just a shipping issue that is affecting prices… cost of materials and part availability is wreaking havoc across the board.
And while you may think that other thread turned a bit over the top, all of this was hashed out there as well, prior to several of us just blowing off steam. ;)

End of the day, the problems the world is facing are profound and wide ranging. And yes, even the market volatility due to American politics and our ability to pay our existing debts is a part of that.

We are in for a bumpy ride over the next few years, and that assumes we can avoid an outright market crash, full blown depression, and new wars.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ya, just looked at that thread. Scapegoating and my team is better than your team, and F SVS comments. And somehow, the debt ceiling vote is directly related to SVS raising their prices. Quite the conversation indeed.

I met Gary Yacoubian about two years ago at an event, and I asked him if SVS would ever build speakers in the US, and it was a hard no. I think they're raising prices because the cost per pound to ship from China is way up and some of their subs weigh 200 pounds.

I like SVS. I own a number of SVS speakers. But I understand how bad the shipping situation is. Just wish I would have ordered the speaker I need before October. Whatever, though, it's just a hundred bucks. Glad I got a lot of my gear before inflation started picking up. I would hate to be starting from scratch right now.
I'm a big SVS fan. I had a full blown 5.0 Ultra speaker system with the towers anchoring it all. Which I recently sold, and if I'd held onto them a li'l longer I prolly coulda broke even or even made a profit. :oops:

They are great speakers tho. I really enjoyed my time with them.

L

latapx

Audioholic Intern
Ordered my PB4000 on 10/2/21 and received it yesterday. Told my wife "it'll be more expensive later" to get the final approval. Everything is going to hell...i mean, everything is getting more expensive.

A

alphaiii

Audioholic General
Every company is increasing prices - Perlisten, RBH, etc. I just got an email from Kimber Kable about price increases.
ELAC, Wharfedale, Rythmik, PSA, and HSU have all also significantly raised prices recently.

This hobby got alot more expensive in 2021

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Cost of B&C Drivers has risen dramatically this past year.
Going back to components, for example, the cost of raw Neodymium has risen 80% since this time last year, according to tradingeconomics.com

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Man am I glad I'm pretty well set for the foreseeable future. I'm good on speakers and subs, and I've gotten some good mileage off this SR6011. That'd be the only thing I could see updating, but not any time soon. I'm planning to drive the wheels off this one.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Man am I glad I'm pretty well set for the foreseeable future. I'm good on speakers and subs, and I've gotten some good mileage off this SR6011. That'd be the only thing I could see updating, but not any time soon. I'm planning to drive the wheels off this one.
Agree, the only thing I was looking to really upgrade at this point was my Pre/Pro, but that has gone out the window

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Was wanting to mabey upgrade my receiver this spring but iam going to hold off it doesn’t have atmos or dtsx but it’s running strong after being fixed a couple years ago new upgraded main processor board and hdmi board it can do some unusual things on auto setup once in awhile but it will have to stay for now and it still sounds great . I may start accumulating parts for a speaker build for the winter instead .

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yup. As of October 4th I believe. Sparked quite the conversation a week or so ago.

Hah hah that thread was stupid fun. 90% of that I wouldn't even take seriously tho. If someone couldn't see how much clowning around we were doing.

And the reason we were clowning is we all know it's not SVS fault or any other companies for that matter

We were just letting off some steam and having some fun because the way everything is right now what else can you do? It's not going to be a easy time to get into audio. Just not going to be easy times for any of us period

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Was wanting to mabey upgrade my receiver this spring but iam going to hold off it doesn’t have atmos or dtsx but it’s running strong after being fixed a couple years ago new upgraded main processor board and hdmi board it can do some unusual things on auto setup once in awhile but it will have to stay for now and it still sounds great . I may start accumulating parts for a speaker build for the winter instead .
Yeah I said it in that last thread I'm lucky I bought my stuff before all this went down. As much as I love too no more spending on audio for AWHILE. Indefinitely until it's possible to see where things are headed. So I totally understand you holding off for now

vader540is

vader540is

Full Audioholic
Containers from China are very expensive now.

Before one would be around $3,000-$5,000

They are now around $20,000

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis