panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Well... I got the 75" tcl for $700 and I'm not even a little disappointed. PQ is heads and shoulders above what I had and it's a significant jump in size too, though it still looks kinda small in the pics!

View attachment 31621View attachment 31622View attachment 31623View attachment 31624View attachment 31625

It looks a lot better in person than in those images. Sharper than what I had before and the colors for sure pop a lot more. I'm still tweaking and playing with settings too.

The way the bolt pattern lines up in the back it mounts higher than the old one. I have it adjusted as low as it'll go right now without drilling new holes and moving the whole thing down. I really don't want to do that so I'm gonna give it a week or 2 and see if it still bugs me. I don't have to crane my neck or feel like I'm looking up because I'm able to tilt it down. It really only bugs me because of the gap between the speaker and bottom edge of the screen.

I'm happy! It's a big improvement from what I had.
If you haven't done it yet go to rtings page for that set and use their calibration settings. I've done it for a few of my TVs and have been very happy with the results.

Congrats on the new set.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hisense H9F is getting alot of great reviews. I have a tablet by that company and it shocked me how good the colors were. Congrats on the TCL great TV for the price.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
If you haven't done it yet go to rtings page for that set and use their calibration settings. I've done it for a few of my TVs and have been very happy with the results.

Congrats on the new set.
I've never heard of rtings before but sure would have been nice to look over that site before I bought! I s'pose the good news is that one of my new tv's strengths is gaming and that's when I'd be needing it the most.

They don't seem to have my specific model (S423),but they have what looks like the newer version (S425) calibration suggestions. I could easily be missing something tho, I've never navigated that site before...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
14' away!
That's also partly how I justified tower speakers and a separate amp to myself too!

I do like to crank it up sometimes and I've pushed the towers harder than I wanted to push the bookshelf speakers. Not my normal listening levels, but every once in a while...

P

ParisB

Audioholic
I've never heard of rtings before but sure would have been nice to look over that site before I bought! I s'pose the good news is that one of my new tv's strengths is gaming and that's when I'd be needing it the most.

They don't seem to have my specific model (S423),but they have what looks like the newer version (S425) calibration suggestions. I could easily be missing something tho, I've never navigated that site before...
Did you see the youtube video I linked earlier?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Good site for TVs and monitors. I've used it quite a bit to help with my TV purchases. Hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Honestly, for you I'd just put it on the picture mode for what you're doing and be done. You'll be happy with that.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Congrats on the new set.
Wish I had waited a few mOre years my 55” was so expensive compared to today’s tv in similar size . R.I.P.
wow so even tcl look good ?
Some 70” tv are way cheaper then it was !!

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

Last edited:

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well... I got the 75" tcl for $700 and I'm not even a little disappointed. PQ is heads and shoulders above what I had and it's a significant jump in size too, though it still looks kinda small in the pics!

View attachment 31621View attachment 31622View attachment 31623View attachment 31624View attachment 31625

It looks a lot better in person than in those images. Sharper than what I had before and the colors for sure pop a lot more. I'm still tweaking and playing with settings too.

The way the bolt pattern lines up in the back it mounts higher than the old one. I have it adjusted as low as it'll go right now without drilling new holes and moving the whole thing down. I really don't want to do that so I'm gonna give it a week or 2 and see if it still bugs me. I don't have to crane my neck or feel like I'm looking up because I'm able to tilt it down. It really only bugs me because of the gap between the speaker and bottom edge of the screen.

I'm happy! It's a big improvement from what I had.
Congrats...again if I've already done so. Nice!

I've been laboring for the last month on a new screen. My 60" plasma has been promised to my son who is finally looking like he's ready to move out and try his hand at being a responsible adult.

We have 2 Sony 4k TVs so naturally I started the quest looking at Sony 75"...the 75" version of my 65" would cost $1800...more than I wanted to spend, or so I thought. After seeing the Samsung 82" for the about the same price, I was suddenly "okay" with spending that much....lol

Anyway...it's the mid level set, picked it up over the weekend.
1576692076731.png

1576692108493.png

PQ out of the box is not as good as the Sonys, but it's plenty good enough for me. The wall bracket should be here by Friday and my self gift will be completed.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Congrats...again if I've already done so. Nice!

I've been laboring for the last month on a new screen. My 60" plasma has been promised to my son who is finally looking like he's ready to move out and try his hand at being a responsible adult.

We have 2 Sony 4k TVs so naturally I started the quest looking at Sony 75"...the 75" version of my 65" would cost $1800...more than I wanted to spend, or so I thought. After seeing the Samsung 82" for the about the same price, I was suddenly "okay" with spending that much....lol

Anyway...it's the mid level set, picked it up over the weekend.
View attachment 32798

View attachment 32799

PQ out of the box is not as good as the Sonys, but it's plenty good enough for me. The wall bracket should be here by Friday and my self gift will be completed.
That's awesome! I'm sure happy with the TCL still. I've always been more audio first so the tv is where I cut my corners for entertainment. I know there's better but it's still a nice step up in PQ (HDR is real! lol) and screen size for us so I'm just tickled pink. I still have room for a 82" screen, but when you get above 65" or so they get exponentially more expensive.

Last edited:

2channel lover

That's awesome! I'm sure happy with the TCL still. I've always been more audio first so the tv is where I cut my corners for entertainment. I know there's better but it's still a nice step up in PQ (HDR is real! lol) and screen size for us so I'm just tickled pink. I still have room for a 82" screen, but when you get above 65" or so they get exponentially more expensive.
As you should be...that was a helluva deal for a 75".

I have a 112" wide wall...the 82" was 74" wide so I said, ya know I can go bigger, but $$$ kept my focus on 75".

The Sony XBR75X900F was my original target...basically the 75" version of my 65" Sony in the sunroom. I'd been following the price on that TV for nearly a yr.

My best buddy bought a 75" Samsung about 3 months ago so I helped him wall mount it and that started me looking at Samsung...when I saw I could get an 82" for the same price as the 75" Sony I kinda perked up to spending that much. The Best Buy sales guy sold me one of the current Sony TVs and he was pushing the Sony 85"....Sony entry level 85" vs Samsung mid level 82" and save $500.

The 82" Samsung was an easy choice.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
As you should be...that was a helluva deal for a 75".

I have a 112" wide wall...the 82" was 74" wide so I said, ya know I can go bigger, but $$$ kept my focus on 75".

The Sony XBR75X900F was my original target...basically the 75" version of my 65" Sony in the sunroom. I'd been following the price on that TV for nearly a yr.

My best buddy bought a 75" Samsung about 3 months ago so I helped him wall mount it and that started me looking at Samsung...when I saw I could get an 82" for the same price as the 75" Sony I kinda perked up to spending that much. The Best Buy sales guy sold me one of the current Sony TVs and he was pushing the Sony 85"....Sony entry level 85" vs Samsung mid level 82" and save $500.

The 82" Samsung was an easy choice.
It's funny how that works. What seems like a lot of money suddenly becomes very reasonable when the right deal come along, lol.

2channel lover

It's funny how that works. What seems like a lot of money suddenly becomes very reasonable when the right deal come along, lol.
Yeah...the money always matters, but a larger size TV was my primary reason for the upgrade so getting a larger set for the same money was too hard to pass up....they were only showing 3 in stock locally, one in the store and 2 in the local warehouse.

I bought it that day, and they were telling me it would be delivered on the 19th at the earliest...oh okay I said...Raining so I didn't want to use one of our company pickup trucks to take it that day...I rented a Uhaul mini van the next day went to the warehouse brought it home.

Can't wait to get it on the wall and get my space back to normal.

Although she only lives about an hour away...my oldest will come home for a few days during Xmas and she loves movies so I've bought a few strong Atmos blu-rays to play next week when she's at the house.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah...the money always matters, but a larger size TV was my primary reason for the upgrade so getting a larger set for the same money was too hard to pass up....they were only showing 3 in stock locally, one in the store and 2 in the local warehouse.

I bought it that day, and they were telling me it would be delivered on the 19th at the earliest...oh okay I said...Raining so I didn't want to use one of our company pickup trucks to take it that day...I rented a Uhaul mini van the next day went to the warehouse brought it home.

Can't wait to get it on the wall and get my space back to normal.

Although she only lives about an hour away...my oldest will come home for a few days during Xmas and she loves movies so I've bought a few strong Atmos blu-rays to play next week when she's at the house.
Roku tv that good and reliable??? I’d have to move out of parents house to fit anything bigger then an 55” led tv . Unless it went in basement which I’d need money for cable too ...

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Roku tv that good and reliable??? I’d have to move out of parents house to fit anything bigger then an 55” led tv . Unless it went in basement which I’d need money for cable too ...

Tesla spoken to them
What's that? You've been looking at TVs? I didn't know that!

2channel lover

Tesla spoken to them
Roku TV?

Idk they were making TVs now...I bought a Samsung TV.

I have a Roku (ultra) running the plasma I just replaced and another one running the kitchen TV (streaming stick+), bothe work great.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Roku TV?

Idk they were making TVs now...I bought a Samsung TV.

I have a Roku (ultra) running the plasma I just replaced and another one running the kitchen TV (streaming stick+), bothe work great.
TVs with the Roku OS built in. Sort of how Sony uses Android TV. They all have an OS now.

2channel lover

TVs with the Roku OS built in. Sort of how Sony uses Android TV. They all have an OS now.
Oh...thanks.

The Samsung TV OS...so far on a very short sample size, I think I like it better than the Sony OS....could just be that it's newer, faster.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Oh...thanks.

The Samsung TV OS...so far on a very short sample size, I think I like it better than the Sony OS....could just be that it's newer, faster.
Funny, it's actually much older. FWIW, I would never rely on what is built into the TV. Samsung is very bad about abandoning their devices on updates after a few years.

If it works, don't worry about it, but if you have any issues, look into an external device for streaming and such.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
The Roku system is very well implemented with the TCL televisions. I have a 55” 6 series and I think it’s excellent. I’m no videophile though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis