In-Wall Volume Control

J

James Bates

Audiophyte
Hello. At my church we have overflow seating available in another room with a flat panel TV and 4 speakers in the ceiling. We have a Yorkville CA1 70V Installation Amp to run the 4 speakers from 1 of the available channels. We had a Quam QC101 volume control (with black/red/green wire) in a single gang box, so the volume could be controlled by those in the room. Apparently, a child (or adult) turned and turned it until it has completely seized up and nothing will come out of speakers. I am wanting to replace it with maybe a slider type control to prevent the same from happening again. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello. At my church we have overflow seating available in another room with a flat panel TV and 4 speakers in the ceiling. We have a Yorkville CA1 70V Installation Amp to run the 4 speakers from 1 of the available channels. We had a Quam QC101 volume control (with black/red/green wire) in a single gang box, so the volume could be controlled by those in the room. Apparently, a child (or adult) turned and turned it until it has completely seized up and nothing will come out of speakers. I am wanting to replace it with maybe a slider type control to prevent the same from happening again. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
I have looked into this, and been on pro installer forums. They have had customers with this request, but they can't oblige. It seems there are no slider 70 volt speaker controls only rotary ones.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis