In wall LCR suggestions for around $2500

A

Aman

Audioholic Intern
Hi,

A buddy of mine is looking to do in wall in his basement home theater. The area is for the home theater is 18ft wide, 25ft long and 9 feet high. He is looking at focal 300 and PSB W-LCR2 for LCR setup.Budget is around $2500 for the LCRs.

Do the gurus here feel that one of those set of speakers will do the job well or are there other speakers in the same price range that would be better then the above two. I also recommended the KEF ci4100qls as I have been happy with those but somehow feel that focal and PSB may be better as my HT area is a little smaller than his.

Also whats the best place to buy these speakers as online very few retailers show up.

Please suggest.

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
Revel W893. Easily.

3 Way design with an 9” woofer designed for flat listening window response. I don’t think much can touch these.

$1000 each, but you could easily find a dealer to discount them 20% or more to bring the price to $2400 or lower.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Focal looks to be a good option -- at Crutchfield

PSB inwall -- at Crutchfield

A

Aman

Audioholic Intern
Focal looks to be a good option -- at Crutchfield

PSB inwall -- at Crutchfield
Thank you.

Also noticed the triad bronze 4 LCR in the same price range. How they rank when compared to revel, focus and psbs listed above?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Thank you.
Also noticed the triad bronze 4 LCR in the same price range. How they rank when compared to revel, focus and psbs listed above?
Triad makes some good stuff, and will not be a wimp

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
You could Atlantic Technology to the list, their THX systems are really nice.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
+1 for Triad.

Their IW Silver LCRs would be a great choice for the room size you mentioned. Depending on your dealer you could get close to your budget. Triad will also paint match the grills to your wall color.

Let me know if I can help.

A

Aman

Audioholic Intern
Thanks, but I am still making up my mind and am not sold on the Triads just yet.

A

Aman

Audioholic Intern
I auditioned the paradigms CI pro P3 LCR and also the focals electra IW1003 BE speakers yesterday. They were being driven by an Anthem mx720 avr and 1 svs 16 inch sealed sub. I loved the clarity on the paradigms. Focals were not as clear. They felt too bright.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I auditioned the paradigms CI pro P3 LCR and also the focals electra IW1003 BE speakers yesterday. They were being driven by an Anthem mx720 avr and 1 svs 16 inch sealed sub. I loved the clarity on the paradigms. Focals were not as clear. They felt too bright.
Did you purchase your in-walls yet? If not, B&W CWM7.3's are a solid option. They just released the 7.3 S2's, but if you can find a dealer that still has some regular 7.3's you might be able to get them for $1000/each. Definitely worth the extra money in my opinion.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thank you.

I've heard Triad inwall (pricey) but very solid. The ones I heard would not fit the budget.

Haven't heard them but generally impressed with Revel....I would be intrigued by the model mentioned.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
You mean he wants something like this. Left, right, center and sub. 1000 watts total power all channels driven.

colofan

colofan

Enthusiast
They key to decent in-wall speakers is the manufacturer manged the off-axis output from the drivers. The vertical and horizontal output is critical to having a wall mounted speaker. Diffraction needs to be managed closely or your going get poor performance from the reflected output interfering with the direct output from the drivers in the speaker. This is brand independent. Look for off axis curves from the manufacturer, no curves means you don't what you are going to get.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis