In the 75 inch TV market suddenly?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Well we just sold our house, moving into another with a bigger living room so I'm moving the Sony 55X900E to the bedroom and I'm looking for a 75 inch. I want to stay under 1,500 so I'm looking at TCL. The new 6 series 75 inch Mini-LED is 1,399, last years 75 inch 6 series is 1,199. On the surface the new 6 series seems like its worth the extra 200 bucks. Any thoughts? Amy other suggestions keeping in mind where I want the price to be under? My father in law has a TCL 5 series 65 inch and I have to say even that impresses me so I am not worried about going the TCL route. Thanks for any advice.

M

Mpsafranski

Audioholic
I’d say stay away from Samsung and LG unless you’re going QLED or OLED respectively. Their lower tier TVs are very poor performing. I had the “best” LG that wasn’t an oled 2 years ago for about 4 days. Everything about it sucked even after calibrating it. Blooming and banding were distractingly bad. Returned it and spent the extra $600 on the Sony x900f. The Sony crushes it. If I had your budget and set on 75 I’d be looking at TCL as well. As far as less expensive sets go, they win.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I’d say stay away from Samsung and LG unless you’re going QLED or OLED respectively. Their lower tier TVs are very poor performing. I had the “best” LG that wasn’t an oled 2 years ago for about 4 days before returning it and spending the extra $600 on the Sony x900f. The Sony crushes it. If I had your budget and set on 75 I’d be looking at TCL as well. As far as less expensive sets go, they win.
I would never buy Samsung, I despise them and they don't have Dolby Vision.
TCL at 6 series prices give you FALD and very bright screens. I would do Vizio but they are over 1,500 in 75 inches.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Last edited:
M

Mpsafranski

Audioholic
Poor HDR on that model. If you’re wading into the large panel 4K display pool, be sure you’re getting a tv whose hdr performs well otherwise what’s the point? To me, at least, HDR is what makes these sets worth the investment. If I had to go Samsung it’d need to be top of the line QLED. But Samsung also does not support DV which I mentioned in another thread is a deal breaker for me, as the DV Blu rays I have look better in DV vs HDR10. Again, just me.

not to pimp another site but I’d suggest checking out rtings.com. They’ll give u the skinny in great detail on just about every set imaginable.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
at $1500 and 75" you have to take chances on 2nd tier TV maker like TCL or Vizio
Right now Costco has PX75-G1 at your budget of $1499.99
You get qdot and fald with 480 dimming zones. The end quality comes very close to OLED but brighter.
HDR support: Dolby Vizio, HDR10, and HLG.
120Hz actual refresh

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
at $1500 and 75" you have to take chances on 2nd tier TV maker like TCL or Vizio
Right now Costco has PX75-G1 at your budget of $1499.99
You get qdot and fald with 480 dimming zones. The end quality comes very close to OLED but brighter.
HDR support: Dolby Vizio, HDR10, and HLG.
120Hz actual refresh
Plus, if you get it from Costco you get extra warranty. Win win.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That is something I really would like to do just for that extra warranty.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I would. Vizio is a good manufacturer, but it's much easier to deal with Costo's provider than Vizio if you ever have an issue. I have a whole home warranty in case mine ever craps out. It's not as good as the one that BSA linked, but it still looks pretty good for a secondary TV.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I would. Vizio is a good manufacturer, but it's much easier to deal with Costo's provider than Vizio if you ever have an issue. I have a whole home warranty in case mine ever craps out. It's not as good as the one that BSA linked, but it still looks pretty good for a secondary TV.
Do you have to be a Costco member to get 3 year warranty?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Well I ordered the new TCL 6 series Mini-LED 75 inch. Being delivered on Sept. 11 of all the eerie days but works out perfectly as we are moving into the new house on the 6th. I'm very exited to see what this display can do and to have this size a display. Gonna be cool to check out Mini-LED too. Now its a long wait. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis