Improve Your Loudspeakers Sound with this Tweak?

Do IsoAcoustics Isolators Really Work?

• Yes. It's a great tweak and must have despite their cost.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Not sure. Sounds like snake oil to me.

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • No. I tried them and heard no difference.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
There are no audible resonances in the Salon 2 to begin with, right? So this product is fixing a problem that doesn't exist on this loudspeaker.
Does it not go beyond the speaker itself ? Interaction of speaker and room , with the flooring coming into play ?

B

buckchester

Junior Audioholic
Does it not go beyond the speaker itself ? Interaction of speaker and room , with the flooring coming into play ?
Unless it has a positive change in the frequency response, I seriously doubt it. And I would venture a guess to say that the Salon 2 is pretty close to as good as it gets, so any improvement would be subtle at best.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Why do you want to know? That's a separate topic from the one in this thread.
my question was pretty easy to understand. I asked it because you speak so matter-of-fact with regards to isolation issues I am curious as to what your 'perfect world' consists of ?

B

buckchester

Junior Audioholic
my question was pretty easy to understand. I asked it because you speak so matter-of-fact with regards to isolation issues I am curious as to what your 'perfect world' consists of ?
I never said my system was perfect. What I'm saying is that I don't believe these isolation feet provide a noticeable improvement. I would stand corrected in light of some objective evidence. But I don't think there is any in the article.

I have Revel F208 speakers. Outlaw 2220 monoblocks powering them. I also EQ the system below the room transition frequency with a umik1, REW and a mindsp nanavr.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I would venture a guess to say that the Salon 2 is pretty close to as good as it gets
I own its smaller sibling(Studio 2) so I'm very well aware how good they are.

so any improvement would be subtle at best.
so even a 'subtle improvement' would qualify as a 'load of crap' ?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's relevance is evading me, tho. What difference would it make what his gear particularly is? Or do you mean what time he has spent with a tweak like this instead of something more productive? Where is some objective testing from the guy who started all this?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I never said my system was perfect. What I'm saying is that I don't believe these isolation feet provide a noticeable improvement. I would stand corrected in light of some objective evidence. But I don't think there is any in the article.

I have Revel F208 speakers. Outlaw 2220 monoblocks powering them. I also EQ the system below the room transition frequency with a umik1, few, a mindsp nanavr, and use Audyssey for the sub.
Ok, fair enough, I respect your point and I'll just say that the possibility does exist and I like others believe it is very system/room dependent. Another way to look at it is if one is spending North of 20k on their speakers even a subtle improvement is probably worth pursuing.

B

buckchester

Junior Audioholic
I
I own its smaller sibling(Studio 2) so I'm very well aware how good they are.

so even a 'subtle improvement' would qualify as a 'load of crap' ?
I've edited my original post because my original language was more disrespectful than I meant to be.

Last edited:
T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Oh, who gives a s#%t? Spending that kind of f#%kin’ money on glorified butt plugs should inspire all kinds of colorful profanity.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
On my tabletop system, I tried decoupling. It's a solid maple table with a 1.5" thick top. Part of the (my) reason for a table top system, was so that I could actually couple myself to the sound. I know a deaf person who does this to experience music in this way and that's where I learned it. With both senses available, this makes for a "stereo" sensory attack, especially with high impact music. I lean on the table with the music cranked. It will stone you to a condition of sensory intoxication that rivals deep meditation. I will listen for hrs like this, sitting in a regular chair.

While there is probably a million, scientific facts, as to why this tactic is an audio trainwreck, it is something I really enjoy doing. The near field aspect cancels most room issues, it doesn't take a whole lot of power, and can be set up in minutes. It also occurred to me that I had been coupled to my speakers for decades, since I mostly sat on the floor between them, where I could reach my system and EQ controls. This also allows me to get a louder music effect with less power, which helps when the urge to rock out hits at 2 AM, and you don't want to rock the neighbors.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I

I've edited my original post because my original language was more disrespectful than I meant to be.
all's good, it's the 'Steam Vent' , let it fly. As Treb said nobody is gonna get butt hurt !

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Utter BS. Explaining decoupling doesn't explain away the price. I particularly don't like this type of pink prose pretending to address the real issue. Science saying there's some truth to decoupling!? Well, whoopty doo! The question is not "to decouple or not to decouple", the question is why pay 90 times more than decoupling really needs? And I really hope the answer is not 10$ for decoupling and the remaining 989.98$ for the looks.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Utter BS. Explaining decoupling doesn't explain away the price. I particularly don't like this type of pink prose pretending to address the real issue. Science saying there's some truth to decoupling!? Well, whoopty doo! The question is not "to decouple or not to decouple", the question is why pay 90 times more than decoupling really needs? And I really hope the answer is not 10$ for decoupling and the remaining 989.98$ for the looks.
This is why I say it's a form of snake oil. There is benefit to this but at this price it's insane. This has to be 90% profit, maybe more.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
This is why I say it's a form of snake oil. There is benefit to this but at this price it's insane. This has to be 90% profit, maybe more.

I agree. It's often the case that marketing blurbs have some truth to them.

Do records need to be clean? Yes.
Well, here's my homemade holy water with a drop of albino crocodile's tear for a mere 12,999$

Do you sometimes need cables to be shielded from some interference? Sometimes, yes.
And these could be yours for 25k $. They're shielded with Ashanti Yoga.

Is speaker decoupling beneficial? Almost always.
Well, go get a loan, cause boy do I have a decoupler for you!! It will decouple you from so much money, you'll suck the blood of everyone who even hints at the possibility they don't do jack more than 20-30$ feet.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
There is benefit to this but at this price it's insane.
I think there's even a question of benefit, depending on what type of flooring you have. Not to mention the question that even if there's a significant measurable difference is it necessarily "better"? There are products out there like floor spikes that are meant to do the opposite and couple your speakers to the floor. Some would argue that's the better way to go, tho again I'd say it likely depends on your floor and your goals.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I agree. It's often the case that marketing blurbs have some truth to them.

Do records need to be clean? Yes.
Well, here's my homemade holy water with a drop of albino crocodile's tear for a mere 12,999$

Do you sometimes need cables to be shielded from some interference? Sometimes, yes.
And these could be yours for 25k $. They're shielded with Ashanti Yoga.

Is speaker decoupling beneficial? Almost always.
Well, go get a loan, cause boy do I have a decoupler for you!! It will decouple you from so much money, you'll suck the blood of everyone who even hints at the possibility they don't do jack more than 20-30$ feet.
Yup, I thought Auralex was expensive and too much, these guys and some of the other ones out there put them to shame. They said to Auralex, hold my beer, watch just how high we price our foam.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
LMAO, you guys are regurgitating the same replies from pages 1-3 !!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Good ole "I read the article, but not the thread" replies. This one sort of deserves it though. I would love an actual measurement of this stuff though, like the rest of us, just to see what it does/doesn't do.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I didn't say anything on pages 1-3. So you think if my opinion is like someone else's I shouldn't bring it up??

Oh, but this:
Ok, fair enough, I respect your point and I'll just say that the possibility does exist and I like others believe it is very system/room dependent. Another way to look at it is if one is spending North of 20k on their speakers even a subtle improvement is probably worth pursuing.
on page 10 is perfectly fine because it's you, right?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis