Impressions of the EMP Impressions Tower Speakers

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I am sure they are one of the best bargains period. My only claim was if they made some tweaks here and there to make them sound better but ended up going over 1000 they might lose some of their potential market.
I don't know. I'm not very familiar with the inner workings of the audio industry. Pricing is always a matter of juggling volume against gross profit. I assume the EMP people have figured out a compromise that works for them. In my view, these speakers are less compromised than other products in or even above their price level.

J

Jimz711

Full Audioholic
So it seems what you are telling me is I need to move somewhere with more rooms.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I don't know how I missed this. Congratulations fmw!
As far as the missing part, I would email Brian at EMP and tell him. Their after sale customer service is top notch.

C

chaluga

Junior Audioholic
Congrats ,
What are you running them on ? Did you get the centre channel as well ?

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I don't know how I missed this. Congratulations fmw!
As far as the missing part, I would email Brian at EMP and tell him. Their after sale customer service is top notch.
The missing part is a metal sleeve insert or blind nut in the base of one of the towers. They are used to attach the brackets that hold the feet. There are 4 of them per tower. One of the sleeves had no threads. I don't want to try to remove the insert in order to press a new one in and I don't want to send a tower back for such a minute issue. I'll just put a screw in it when I feel the urge. I'm not blaming anybody other than the Chinese factory that inserted the bad insert. I'm not questioning EMP's customer service. Don't worry. I'm fine. I just thought I should report it.

Last edited:
F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Congrats ,
What are you running them on ? Did you get the centre channel as well ?
They are connected to an old Pioneer Elite VSX92 receiver. I didn't order a center channel because I didn't know that I would like them. I'll get the center channel ordered soon. I have to go with the small one since the large one won't fit in the furniture. The EMP Impression is an outstanding product for the money. No doubt about that.

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
+1. Top notch customer service too. I'm absolutely floored with what these guys can do

Just fired em up to listen to Ray La Montague-This Love Is Over

:eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis