I'm cancer free and moving to NYC monday!

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'm cancer free and relocating to NYC for new work Monday. I also am starting an online masters at Georgia Tech in Computer Science this spring(yay for new hobbies). I'll be studying AI topics.

I've sold off all my audio equipment for the most part. I'm partially deaf now so I no longer can truly enjoy it. Of course my hearing aids are pretty good.

B

bigkrazy155

Audioholic
Congratulations! Hearing loss is a bummer, but it sounds like the positives far outweigh the negatives.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm cancer free and relocating to NYC for new work Monday. I also am starting an online masters at Georgia Tech in Computer Science this spring(yay for new hobbies). I'll be studying AI topics.

I've sold off all my audio equipment for the most part. I'm partially deaf now so I no longer can truly enjoy it. Of course my hearing aids are pretty good.
Congratulations on your recovery can't imagine the battle you went through the best wishes for your new year and your new start on your move!

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Congratulations on your hard-fought recovery. I was beginning to wonder when we might hear from you, so your news is good to hear. Good luck with your new path.

FWIW, if you ever need medical follow-up, NYC has many good options. There are a number of medical schools, NYU, Cornell-Weill, Montefiore Medical Center (Albert Einstein Medical School of Yeshiva University). And, the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Maybe your oncologist in Texas gave you some names of contacts in NY.

Last edited:
Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Congrats on your positive attitude which helped you recover !

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
If you're around a midtown Manhattan on weekday, let's grab a beer sometimes :)

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Congrats on your recovery and good luck with your future plans.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I never knew you had cancer, but that doesn't make it any less awesome to hear you beat it! Congratulations man.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
That's fantastic news! I have also been wondering when/if we'd hear from you. I wasn't sure if I was just missing your posts, or if you just hadn't been posting. Too bad about your hearing lose, but it's better than the alternative.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I wasn't following the news earlier about what you were going through but awesome news! Hopefully one day we will see the end of the big C word! My father passed away from colon cancer but he fought for 4 plus years. Congrats and I'm happy for you!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
It is good news indeed. He has had a very bumpy road to recovery which makes it all the sweeter. Great news indeed.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Was wondering how you were doing just the other day. Very happy to hear about being cancer free. I'll eat some Doritos later to celebrate!

Sorry about your hearing loss... I hope you can still enjoy music and movies on some level. They make some decent hearing aids these days.

My wife says AI is a smart move for those so inclined. She works as a product test engineer in her company's IT department. Good luck!

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Congrats on beating cancer! That's fantastic news. Enjoy NYC, my old stomping grounds.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm partially deaf now
You need a bigger amp, that's all. :)

I recently wondered about your whereabouts myself. It's nice knowing you're well. New York holds some good memories for me and I hope you make some good ones for yourself.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
This just terrific news man. Say hello to NY I miss it dearly. A big man hug to you. Happy 2020!

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Cancer...NYC? Cancer...NYC... Hmmm...Give me cancer...at least that condition can be improved. ;) From one cancer survivor to another - great work and congrats! It's one scary beast to tackle and beat.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis