Illegal Immigration "Lawmakers get the hard messages"

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
I saw this today and just had to pass it along. I think ill find a few bricks to send my self.

WASHINGTON - Sometimes, mail call hits Congress like a ton of bricks - literally.
One by one, opponents of illegal immigration have been sending lawmakers real, red bricks with angry messages written on the side: "Build a wall. Deport them all."

While hundreds of thousands of activists took to the streets Monday, lawmakers in Washington dealt with an increase in mail from supporters of a get-tough approach to illegal immigration.

Sen. Wayne Allard, R-Colo., laughed about the heavy bricks he has found in his in-box, saying he'll have to weigh them against the letters and calls he receives from both sides.

"The question I have is, how do they get that through security?" Allard said. "The second thing is, how did they afford the postage? Now that is a motivated citizen."

Allard and his fellow Coloradan, Democratic Sen. Ken Salazar, both have expressed concerns about illegal immigrants and their supporters staying away from their jobs or skipping school.

Salazar, whose office also received bricks in the mail, said, "I would hope people could have demonstrated during their off-hours, not during work and school hours. I believe it's important for all kids to stay in school and for workers to stay at their jobs."

Some analysts and immigrant rights supporters have warned that disruptive protests, work stoppages and boycotts could backfire by stirring up opposition.

That's a common theme of opposition mail Allard has been receiving.

One letter, which was wrapped around a brick and mailed to the senator, says: "I can't take a day off from work to go stand in the street and protest all day long like an illegal immigrant. But I did have time to send you this brick so that you could get started building a wall between the U.S. and Mexico."

The writer, whose name was redacted by Allard's staff, warned that he would oppose any politicians who vote to give "amnesty" to illegal immigrants.

It was signed, "Mad as hell."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4666290,00.html

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
I was just about to start wrapping bricks, when I remembered that my grandparents had funny accents. They loved the U.S. and I love them for leaving where they were and coming to America.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
One question.

goodman said:
I was just about to start wrapping bricks, when I remembered that my grandparents had funny accents. They loved the U.S. and I love them for leaving where they were and coming to America.
Were they illegal immigrints or did they come in through the front door?

That's a subtle difference I don't think you appreciate.

Tsunamii

Tsunamii

Full Audioholic
Markw, right on. My Grandparents also came to this country from far off places but they came here legally in the light of day rather then in the dark of night through mosty private property.

Biscokid

Biscokid

Audioholic
Sending bricks is a wimpy hippie thing to do. I rather them just shoot them as they try to come across the border. On side note if there was a law against immigration during the potato famine or what have you the bloodsucking Irish would have brought their unwashed broods anyway.

annunaki

annunaki

Those against Illegal immigration are not opposed to Legal immigration If a person wished to come here legally, work, and assimilate, most do not have any issues with that.

annunaki

annunaki

Biscokid said:
On side note if there was a law against immigration during the potato famine or what have you the bloodsucking Irish would have brought their unwashed broods anyway.
Highly doubtful, as the ship they would come on would have been turned around. Those people obeyed and followed the laws the country set forth unlike many who are coming into the country now.

Biscokid

Biscokid

Audioholic
FWIW I live in Boston and we do not have many Mexican immigrants here. What we do have is Brazilians and eastern europeans. I know many Brazilians who are here unlawfully and they have told me that most of them have come by boat via the carolinas. So that is with todays border protection how would the Irish/Italians be stopped 75 years ago??

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
The Irish and Italians came through Ellis Island. There's that difference so many of you seem to want to ignore, and ignorance can be cured with enlightenment.

So, since your ignorance has now been done away with enlightenment, any further talk about that will have to be considered simple stupidity, which cannot be cured.

Biscokid

Biscokid

Audioholic
The Irish and Italians came through Ellis Island. There's that difference so many of you seem to want to ignore, and ignorance can be cured with enlightenment.

So, since your ignorance has now been done away with enlightenment, any further talk about that will have to be considered simple stupidity, which cannot be cured.
Before you post such things you should read what you are responding to unless you want people to know of your stupidity. Also if you want to try and write all high and mighty it is advisable to use better grammar.
Nobody claimed that the Italians and Irish came any other way. What was said is that IF there were laws such as we have now that they would have come anyway. Now I agree that its a moot point but it was the point being made. You responded to nothing.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
goodman said:
Your grandparents were Illegals?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I responded to nothing?

Biscokid said:
Before you post such things you should read what you are responding to unless you want people to know of your stupidity. Also if you want to try and write all high and mighty it is advisable to use better grammar.
Nobody claimed that the Italians and Irish came any other way. What was said is that IF there were laws such as we have now that they would have come anyway. Now I agree that its a moot point but it was the point being made. You responded to nothing.
You really should have a higher opinion of yourself but, with what you've shown here, perhaps it's well deserved. Now, correcting grammar is a sure sign that you have nothing valid to counter the arguments I put forth.

Personally, I think your biscuits have been in the oven too long and got burnt. As it stands, the examples you used were totally useless.

Applying "IF" to past events is not a valid form of making a point.

IF the Germans finished developing the bomb before we did, we would all be speaking German now.

IF Colombus had not discovered America then the Indians would rule here today.

IF pigs had wings they could fly.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
markw said:
You really should have a higher opinion of yourself but, with what you've shown here, perhaps it's well deserved. Now, correcting grammar is a sure sign that you have nothing valid to counter the arguments I put forth.

Personally, I think your biscuits have been in the oven too long and got burnt. As it stands, the examples you used were totally useless.

IF pigs had wings they could fly.

LOL, pigs DO have wings. They're called pigeons and seagulls. (Way off topic, I know. But who cares? ;) )

Doesn't Bisco sound like a reincarnated McManmnmnmmmnn? :eek:

By the way, Mark. I find you to be one of the more thoughful posters on this forum! Don't let the pigeons and seagulls get you down. :)

Last edited:
ironlung

ironlung

Banned
rjbudz said:
LOL, pigs DO have wings. Their called pigeons and seagulls. (Way off topic, I know. But who cares? ;) )

Doesn't Bisco sound like a reincarnated McManmnmnmmmnn? :eek:

By the way, Mark. I find you to be one of the more thoughful posters on this forum! Don't let the pigeons and seagulls get you down. :)

Nahhh it is just ANOTHER one of MY alter screen names. Responding to my own other selfs previous post with venom. Shhhhh don't tell Gene or Clint.:)

Biscokid

Biscokid

Audioholic
IF the Germans finished developing the bomb before we did, we would all be speaking German now.
Do Germans speak english? I don't get your point?

As it stands, the examples you used were totally useless.

Applying "IF" to past events is not a valid form of making a point.
The deal is that educated people are able to theorize on what may have happen to try and better understand current event. Using a historical perspective to look at current events allows us the benefit of partial 20/20.

Now, correcting grammar is a sure sign that you have nothing valid to counter the arguments I put forth.
The only reason I would ever do that is because you were tring real hard to sound well spoken but failed miserably. I have terrible grammar myself.

P.S. I find these immigration threats amusing mainly because all the racists are going to lose. Even your radical rightwing president is not on your side.:eek:

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
Go to Cincinnati, there is a statue of a winged pig there. OWNED! :p

Ok, back to the topic at hand...

We have one of the most lax immigration laws in the WORLD, yet we are the bad guy for wanting to enforce them? So, how are we worse than Australia, which is one of the most strict (what can you provide that nobody else here has, and do you already have ginaful employment ready when you arrive? Prove it.), or for example Quatar, who does not allow immigration at all? Also note that we don't have as much of an uproar over either of their policies compared to ours...

The other part is what group of people are making this giant uproar? At the end of the day it's one minority claiming it's to hurt them, and that's just outright crap.

Like I said earlier, there is a right way and a wrong way....this process was made because no nation can handle infinite people coming in, and cannot handle becoming what is basically a welfare system for economically broken nations.

You cannot compare unemployment, since those who are on it will be removed from the list after a certain period of time....what if those folks still don't have jobs? Would they really be below doing what the illegals are? You bet your *** they would take the job. The argument companies pro-illegal-immigration give is just hooey to begin with....the keystone of capitalism is one side is willing to pay X amount, and the other is willing to take it.....you want foreign labor, go move your plant over there like every other legit corp does. As much as I dislike offshoring, it does make sense.

Pretty much I just see it as an issue between the illegals and the nations they came from. those nations are failing to provide for their people, and this needs to be brought up on an international level. Whatever reason is keeping them from providing gainful work must be solved, instead of Fox's bandaid solution of allowing/advocating people to illegally immigrate over here, and condemning us for not liking it.

here's a good social project for you: Find a regular working scenario (like that pallet company that got raided), now see how many other buisinesses of the same type are running without illegal labor.

What you will find is that there are very few job categories that immigrant labor is actually needed, let alone illegal labor.

As a second experiment, see if you can find a company that uses illegal labor....now see how many times in a year they put out work wanted ads in the local papers? If you don't see many, you can be assured they just are not looking....now how can those people say nobody else can do those jobs, unless they looked?

Really, I think there is lots of bullstink on both sides, but at the ned of the day, illegal is illegal....but this illegal immigration is a symptom of a problem, and we need to start demanding those nations start fixing things.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Now you're just being silly, bisquick.

Biscokid said:
Do Germans speak english? I don't get your point?
Actually, I don't get yours. Remember, it wasn't our goal to take over Germany. If you didn't get my point then perhaps a course in remedial English comprehension and/or History might be in order for you.

Biscokid said:
The deal is that educated people are able to theorize on what may have happen to try and better understand current event. Using a historical perspective to look at current events allows us the benefit of partial 20/20.
you want a little historical perspective? Fine. Did any of those other immigrants you mention, either the Italians or, as you say, the "bloodsucking Irish" demand free medical care for themselves? Did they demand that schools teach their kids in their native language? Did they demand the government print official documents in their native language? Did they demand citizenship gratis simply because they showed up here or did they work for it like my great-great-grandparents did? FWIW, I'll apply these questions to all immigrants of all eras, not just those you mention.

Biscokid said:
The only reason I would ever do that is because you were trying real hard to sound well spoken but failed miserably. I have terrible grammar myself.
No, the only reason you pointed it out is that you wanted to look like you had something clever to say. You didn't. I rarely pick on another's grammar or spelling unless they start the game. It's a tell-tale sign of a loser.

Biscokid said:
P.S. I find these immigration threats amusing mainly because all the racists are going to lose. Even your radical rightwing president is not on your side.:eek:
ahhh... now it comes out... Now you want to try to play the "racist" card. I don't think it works here. Here's why.

Since when is "illegal immigrant" a race? That seems to be a pretty blanket condemnation of an act, not a people.

The only hint of any race or nationality by anyone here in this thread is by you. I've never heard the term "bloodthirsty Irish" before today. Apparantly you have problems with the Irish? Not a good thing for a guy from Bahstan.

FWIW, he's your president, too. ...unless you are no longer a citizen and, in such case, may I see your papers? ;)

So far, it seems the only one here capable of outsmarting you is you. ...hope you like fejouda.

Last edited:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Biscokid said:
. I find these immigration threats amusing mainly because all the racists are going to lose.
On this thread, you are the only one I've seen make racial, inflammatory comments with your sarcasm about the Irish.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
If I thought sending a brick to one of those dimwits in Washington would wake them up I would send a whole pallet. Unfortunately most of those same dimwits will vote whichever way they think will keep them in office. This time I hope they think radical immigration reform is what will get them reelected.
I say make the fence 50ft high. Electrify it and use armed guards with shoot to kill orders.
I think the government should find every one of those illegals who were on the evening news burning the flag and deport them immediately. While we're at it, make English the language of the land. Stop publishing government documents in languages other than English. End bi-lingual education. It encourages people to continue using a language other than English as their primary.
If you have been here long enough to become a citizen you should be able to read English. Holding naturalization ceremonies in Spanish is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I mention that because I've seen it on the news. If you don't want to learn English why are you here?
Employers that knowingly hire illigal aliens should be jailed. :mad:

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
markw said:
Actually, I don't get yours. Remember, it wasn't our goal to take over Germany. If you didn't get my point then perhaps a course in remedial English comprehension and/or History might be in order for you.

you want a little historical perspective? Fine. Did any of those other immigrants you mention, either the Italians or, as you say, the "bloodsucking Irish" demand free medical care for themselves? Did they demand that schools teach their kids in their native language? Did they demand the government print official documents in their native language? Did they demand citizenship gratis simply because they showed up here or did they work for it like my great-great-grandparents did? FWIW, I'll apply these questions to all immigrants of all eras, not just those you mention.

No, the only reason you pointed it out is that you wanted to look like you had something clever to say. You didn't. I rarely pick on another's grammar or spelling unless they start the game. It's a tell-tale sign of a loser.

ahhh... now it comes out... Now you want to try to play the "racist" card. I don't think it works here. Here's why.

Since when is "illegal immigrant" a race? That seems to be a pretty blanket condemnation of an act, not a people.

The only hint of any race or nationality by anyone here in this thread is by you. I've never heard the term "bloodthirsty Irish" before today. Apparantly you have problems with the Irish? Not a good thing for a guy from Bahstan.

FWIW, he's your president, too. ...unless you are no longer a citizen and, in such case, may I see your papers? ;)

So far, it seems the only one here capable of outsmarting you is you. ...hope you like fejouda.
Hey Mark,

How's it going?

You know that this kid will never understand logic don't you? And your funny comments will only confuse him more. But have fun. It makes for fun reading.

Where do I mail my bricks?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis