illegal immigrant sues dealership

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
They just have to hop from Modesto over to San Francisco......
-------------------------------------------------------------

Newsom pledges to make SF a sanctuary for illegal immigrants
What's the difference between San Fran an Yogurt?

ANSWER:
The difference between San Francisco and yogurt is that yogurt comes with less fruit.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
The "Law Firm" that's pulling this outrage oughta be tarred and feathered...Of course, that's just my opinion - I could be wrong;)
Without looking, I wouldnt be surprised if "that firm" is the ACLU. Lord knows..... the media will never allow that firm to be tar and feathered.

They're untouchable.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
My wife and I went to Cancun this winter.
I got the impression they aren't as litigious a society as ours.
(or maybe they can't sue there? I don't know, guess they come here to do that)
We saw road workers jack hammering a road, wearing flip flops.
Instead of traffic cones, they would stack broken pieces of concrete, to funnel traffic from two lanes to one!
I'm an electrician, and like to observe the work of other's .
In Cancun, they had, high voltage pad mount transformers, with no doors.
This was in the hotel zone, which is a very nice area.
Also, electric panels with no covers, and looking like a rats nest inside.
All connections done with electrical tape, and no wire nuts, ever.
I could go on, but you get the drift.
I have some pictures, I'll have to dig them up.

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
My wife and I went to Cancun this winter.
I got the impression they aren't as litigious a society as ours.
(or maybe they can't sue there? I don't know, guess they come here to do that)
We saw road workers jack hammering a road, wearing flip flops.
Instead of traffic cones, they would stack broken pieces of concrete, to funnel traffic from two lanes to one!
I'm an electrician, and like to observe the work of other's .
In Cancun, they had, high voltage pad mount transformers, with no doors.
This was in the hotel zone, which is a very nice area.
Also, electric panels with no covers, and looking like a rats nest inside.
All connections done with electrical tape, and no wire nuts, ever.
I could go on, but you get the drift.
I have some pictures, I'll have to dig them up.

All that is very true... but they have a sense of "personal responsibility" too. The road workers can't sue when they loose a toe... and their is little in the way of "worker comp". Here we have tons of laws "protecting" people from their own stupity. Aiii... I spilled hot coffee on myself... give me a million dollars.... or so what if I didn't wear my eyeshields in a machine shop... you should have MADE me.... give me a million dollars for this shard of metal in my eye.

That kind of stuff makes me sick!

As far as the rats nests of electrical connections.... yep... seen that too here in So Cal. not Cancun. I've also seen pretty good installations... but what you have to recognize is that is done to "code"... so if the "code" is loose... then the install will be ugly... just like some of those Sat installers who bore right though the outside wall to run their coax connections into the house (with a 3/4" spade). Not to say that a bad electric install is anything but a fire waiting to happen... but just to keep people from generalizing that everything done in Mexico is crap or the US is pristine.

I personally like Mexico... yes the country is poor, the government is corrupt... but the people make do... on alot less than what we have. A when people are stupid and get hurt everyone is sympathetic... but yet again no one gets sued either.

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
Oh... on the main topic.

Yes I think the transaction should all be in english as well... the people could have brought in a "translater" to look over the documents and make sure that they were on the up and up... but according to the law they should not have to... so the dealership was in the wrong.

I live in So Cal... and I do see many unscrupulous people that take advantage of immigrants (not just spanish speaking). There are numerous cases of "slum lords" that stack 4 people into a room and sub-devide a 1000sqft house into 6 or 8 little rooms. It is against the law and they should be arrested.

On the other hand I agree illigal immigration is Illigal. It should not be tolerated. Companies should be fined the $10,000 penality for hiring illegals (and a false SS # is no excuse... with todays background checks, a SS# is simple to verify). The thing is that the government has no interest in dealing with the issue of immigration so they just keep the status quo.

I think it would be much more enlightened to change the immegration laws so that law abiding workers can enter the us legally... and then go after everyone who doesn't with sledgehammers.

Not going to happen though... too many people are afraid of losing their job to an immigrate... when in relality they are going to lose their job to some kid in China due to off-shoring. Really... people who lived in the US all their lives have massive advantages over a recient immigrant. If they can't compete... then they should look to themselves as the fault... not crying about how "those immigrates stole my job".

And to argue against wage deflation... Oh... I agree... but I don't think that immigration has much to do about it... You can hire an engineer in China for $3000 a YEAR. How is someone who has to work for minimum wage going to compete with that EVER???

As long as you are in a non-union blue collar job... you are going to keep watching your living standard decrease... even the white collar managers are seeing happen to them... the only people that are profiting from all this are the ultra rich. They are just throwing immigrants under the bus as the source of all our dispaire... but in reality it is the greedy blood-suckers that are to blame for being so short sided that they can't see what they are doing to the people, the country, and eventually their own well being.

Whew... long rant.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
We have to stop blaming the "ultra rich" whatever that might be, given a chance anyone would want to be "ultra rich", compared to the rest of the world a "middle-class" citizen is "ultra rich", blame the lawmakers from the county commissioners, judges, all the way up the ladder, no matter what political party, they're to blame along with unscrupulous businessmen of all economic levels who hire the illegals in order to raise their profit margin. Once we start applying the laws already on the books, fairly and accross the board to EVERYONE the situation will start changing, albeit slowly.

A

audiofox

Full Audioholic
I think the fraudsters (illegal or otherwise) and the unethical dealer deserve each other-I think that's called poetic justice. "Hey-you screwed me more than I did you-no fair!"

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
I think the fraudsters (illegal or otherwise) and the unethical dealer deserve each other-I think that's called poetic justice. "Hey-you screwed me more than I did you-no fair!"
Good point,this whole mess reminds me of the Crack Head woman i saw on Cops,she called the police because the people she was trying to buy Crack from stole her money:rolleyes:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis