If You Were Super Rich, inspired by highfihoney

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
yettitheman said:
LOL :eek:

I would get a Yugo
Ha a yugo,years back we owned a big place out in the middle of BFE where we had no neighbors so my brother & I decided to get a couple of cheap cars to play smash em up derby with on the dirt roads,my brother bought a stupid yugo so now i had to buy a car,first i was going to buy a big cadillac eldarado that weighed about 5,000 lbs but my brother got very afraid so i ended up taking one of my wife's cars which was this little french mess of a car called a renault alliance,the wife wasn't none too happy but after promising her a new blazer to replace it she quickly came onboard:D

The only rules were that we wouldnt hit each other head on & that we wouldnt get over 25mph,after a quart of jim beam the rules were gone & we were trying to knock each other in the ditch,he caught me just right comming out of a corner & spun me into a huge ditch where i smashed into a drain pipe totaling the car,we towed my car home then started taking turns smashing this yugo into the rear end of my car,we smashed this stupid little yugo about 10 times each before the front end colapsed but we never could get that thing to stop running.:mad:

N

Nestor

Senior Audioholic
f0am said:
If I had all the money in the world...

I would buy a Ferarri Enzo and Destroy it.

Why destroy a Ferrari Enzo... well somthing about sliding sideways at 100 mph just to see how far you can slide in first gear with the gas floored sounds fun to me.

Inspired by the Gizmondo execs, are you?

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I would buy the Bose factory(s) invite all the audioholics, fly them in aboard my Gulfstream V, and have a giant bon fire party, bring the girls from Spike TV, drink Guinness, and burn the place to the ground, then to be politically correct build a nature park over it!;)

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Even if your RICH you don't get dibs on the Enzo. You must have the rights to claim that prize and I for one would baby it:D.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'd buy some of those $50,000+ vinyl on Ebay and use their grooves to grate cheese onto pasta.

I'd buy a Lamborghini Gallardo, put a trailer hitch on it, and tow a U*Haul full of furniture with it.

I'd buy 6 Ford GTs and give them to the local highschool's Drivers Ed class.

I'd buy a house, fill it full of barber-shop hair, and burn it down.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
I'd buy a house, fill it full of barber-shop hair, and burn it down.
That would be the most horrible smell ever.

F

f0am

Audioholic
Nestor said:
Inspired by the Gizmondo execs, are you?

For some reason, that looks like fun to me. I drive my volvo s40 with the ebrake on 90 percent of the time in the snow. I like driving sideways.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
f0am said:
For some reason, that looks like fun to me.
That picture looks an awful like one on Faces of Death (same Ferrari). The guy's head was on the side of the street and pieces of his body were a dozen feet away from his head. Yeah, sure looks fun...:(

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
billy p said:
Even if your RICH you don't get dibs on the Enzo. You must have the rights to claim that prize and I for one would baby it:D.
I guess that just depends on how rich you are. How would you stop Bill Gates from getting an Enzo(even if he does not meet the Ferari guidlines) if he really wanted one? He can offer obscene money, and as a last resort, simply buy the company or pay off the people in charge in the company, to make it happen.

-Chris

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
WmAx said:
I guess that just depends on how rich you are. How would you stop Bill Gates from getting an Enzo(even if he does not meet the Ferari guidlines) if he really wanted one? He can offer obscene money, and as a last resort, simply buy the company or pay off the people in charge in the company, to make it happen.

-Chris
Come down to Miami, its not that hard to find one down here, all you need is the cash. Exotics down here aren't that exotic, I allways wanted to know per capita how many Lambos, Ferraris, Astons, lurk around these streets? Forget Porsches, BMWs, Mercedes they're dime a dozen. Or as my friend calls BMW (belly button motor works: everyone has one.)

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
Seth=L said:
The Question- If you were super rich and you could buy anything you wanted to destroy what would it be, and how would you destroy it?
Wal-Mart, we could take all the old wal-mart buidlings and use them as practice burns for my and other fire departments. :cool:

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
zildjian said:
Wal-Mart, we could take all the old wal-mart buidlings and use them as practice burns for my and other fire departments. :cool:
Why not all the Wal-Marts?:D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
WmAx said:

-Chris
I guess if you had that kind of money anything is possible!!:) I was only making a point that in order to get a ENZO, first you must be a previous or current owner. Secondly there was no preferential treatment given, just a waiting list! So if I was lucky enough to own one I could sell it to my namesake? ;)

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Anybody else read the news on AOL today?

On the AOL start up page today there was a write up about this fool who won the largest single pay out in lottery history netting him 13 million dollars & 4 years later he is broke as a joke,im glad the fool is broke:D

I suck at math does anybody know what the interest would be on 13 mill just setting in a savings account?

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
highfihoney said:
On the AOL start up page today there was a write up about this fool who won the largest single pay out in lottery history netting him 13 million dollars & 4 years later he is broke as a joke,im glad the fool is broke:D

I suck at math does anybody know what the interest would be on 13 mill just setting in a savings account?
My math doesn't go that high, either:D. I'll bet you though we wouldn't be looking at used equipment when the upgrade bug bites:D

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
highfihoney said:
Let's assume the interest rate is 5% compounded monthly. The formula for that is simple: P*(1+I)^N. It's known as 'future value'. I must be monthly so .05/12.

After 1 year:
13,000,000 * (1.00416) ^ 12 = 13,000,000 * 1.05116 = 13,665,104.673

You'd make $665,104.673 but then of course since the government is a partner in everything we do, it would be taxed as ordinary income. If you were in the 28% tax bracket, you'd be left with 'only' $478, 875.36 - about what a high school graduate earns in a lifetime.

Based on the types of responses to this question, I'd wager that every respondent here would also be broke in a year's time if they came into such a large some of money.

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
WmAx said:
-Chris
It's like the old saying, "the only sure thing in life is death and taxes, everything else is negotiable."

Nick

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I used to be friends with a guy that blew around $750,000 in a month and now has nothing to show for it. He actually has less now than he did before he got the money. He is stupid and I despise him with the utmost intensity.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis