If Car Care Were Like Medical Care

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Why on earth would anyone think that a disposable item like a car is anything comparable to the one body and life you have? If you need a transplant or other highly involved procedure to live it will bankrupt most people. Thus the concept of insurance. If you can't afford to fix your car just junk it.

I'm not defending the current system, it's a mess but it is that way because the insurance companies and hospitals run the show. Not doctors and not the government, at least not in a coherent and effective manner.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
"Sorry, we can't fix your car, you don't have the right insurance company" or "We're so sorry, we forgot to install a new filter when we changed the oil, can you make a new appointment" :confused:
"I can't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder".

What about insurance companies telling body and service shops to use non-OEM parts? They have been doing that for decades.

I would bet that if you check around, you'll find shops and insurance companies that don't work together, by the choice of one side or the other.

highfigh

highfigh

Medicare-for-all is bad business for taxpayers in a country full of fat asses. If you put diesel fuel in your gasoline engine and f#%k it up, you are gonna' pay good money for the repair. If you put Big Macs in your fat face, you need to f#%kin' pay for the heart surgery. We charge kids more for car insurance because they are high risk but give old pigs a break on healthcare. Nonsense. You want a break, then start giving a s#%t.
What about young pigs?

highfigh

highfigh

Agreed for the most part. But some (a lot) of people working low wage jobs with no healthcare available could really use some form of affordable care. Let them pay what they can afford. Obama Care had some problems I know so maybe we can come up with something better. I was really hoping the Trump admin would come up with a better plan but it didn't happen. Anyway like I said no dog in the hunt for me as I have Medicare plus my VA hospitalization if needed. And no I don't think you are being a hard-ass both my sisters feel the same way. :)
Trump couldn't have created a better version any more than Obama wrote the ACA- Congress writes Bills, not the President. The chance of the House doing much to work with Trump were nil. They might have made an exception because it was a health care Bill but I don't think they would have wanted to because it might have nullified the one named after Obama.

highfigh

highfigh

I totally agree with the need for affordable healthcare, and I think I've posted in other threads that there are so many things the government could do without up-ending the entire system. Some I remember from that thread:

- A universal claims form. Just use the Medicare form. This reduces administrative overhead.
- Make it illegal for insurance companies to deny treatment prescribed by licensed physicians.
- Mandate one price for all medical procedures by a given provider. None of this bullshit secret pricing or special in-network pricing. If Congress can mandate Monroney MSRP window stickers for cars, why can't they mandate price transparency and commonality for medical procedures?
- Allow the government to negotiate drug pricing for Medicare, Medicaid, etc.
- I like the idea of experimenting with a public option for health insurance, but it should be cost neutral. If the government can really do it cheaper or better than private industry, I'm not going to shed tears for the health insurance industry. They might have to give up their class-A office space and layers of expensive bureaucracy.
Insurers- my favorite people. If they don't like it, too bad.

"Why did you deny this claim?"

We didn't think it was necessary and in the time since you started, we stopped covering that- it's on the exclusions document.

"But I have been paying premiums for decades and never had a claim"

The premiums paid were for the time when you paid them- that money doesn't work for you forever.

"$^%&*()_(*&^%$#E$#@$@#$@#$$%$$#%^%%%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'm sorry, sir or ma'am, if you can't stop being abusive, I'll have to end this call.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
What about young pigs?
Sorry. Here I am trying to be an equal opportunity offender and I go and leave out the piglets.:confused:

P.S. I am not a monster. Those St. Jude commercials by That (Old) Girl tear me up.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
"I can't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder".

What about insurance companies telling body and service shops to use non-OEM parts? They have been doing that for decades.

I would bet that if you check around, you'll find shops and insurance companies that don't work together, by the choice of one side or the other.
Ok, now you have struck a nerve. I worked in a body shop for years and know of what you speak. Do your home work folks and look for an outfit that does not use aftermarket parts as a rule with a few exceptions. I can only think of one off hand, they are like a good neighbor.;) Oh, and stop pitching a fit over used OEM parts. Your car was f#%kin' used when you wrecked it.:p It's been a long time since I was in the business but my last two cars have been of a certain German make because they did not have aftermarket parts available for them. That was back when I was insured by a little lizard.;) Cheapskate little f#&ker.:mad:

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
For anyone here who is on a Medicare/Medigap Supplement plan.

Which plan(s) do you use?
1. Medigap plan N, G, F, etc
2. Part D plan. Any preferences?
2. Dental plan too?
3. Vision plan too?
4. Standard plan or High-Deductible plan?

I will be switching from my Advantage Plan to a Medigap Supplement Plan, probably Plan G, soon.

I'd like some real-life experience feedback.

Thank you.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
as someone who is heading into retirement at months end I have selected supplement plan 'N' and will be using Express Scripts for my drug plan

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Well then, Plan N will probably reject me. Maybe I'll have better luck with Plan G.

The cost of your Medigap policy may also depend on whether the insurance company:

Offers a “high-deductible option” for Plan G. If you buy Plan G with a high-deductible option, you must pay the first $2,370 of deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance not paid by Medicare before the Medigap policy pays anything.

NOTE: Audiophile cable-risers are not a requirement for approval. Applicants not in possession of audiophile cable-risers are still accepted.

Bingo. You gotta read the fine print. Plan G for me.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Well then, Plan N will probably reject me. Maybe I'll have better luck with Plan G.

The cost of your Medigap policy may also depend on whether the insurance company:

Offers a “high-deductible option” for Plan G. If you buy Plan G with a high-deductible option, you must pay the first $2,370 of deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance not paid by Medicare before the Medigap policy pays anything.

NOTE: Audiophile cable-risers are not a requirement for approval. Applicants not in possession of audiophile cable-risers are still accepted.

Bingo. You gotta read the fine print. Plan G for me.
Gotcha, touche' !!

yeah the difference between plan N and G is about $40 a month, my N cost me $113 a month and given that my doctor visits are but 3-4 times a year @ $20 co-pay each it made $$ sense for me. Of note, I'm with traditional Medicare Part A / B. My Express Scripts coverage cost is $26.90 per month

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Great. I'll take another look at Plan N. Thanks for the feedback Mikado. And good health to you.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

ADK Hignlander- you disagree, but didn't post anything about why- go ahead and show me where I'm wrong.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis