If Car Care Were Like Medical Care

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
"Sorry, we can't fix your car, you don't have the right insurance company" or "We're so sorry, we forgot to install a new filter when we changed the oil, can you make a new appointment" :confused:

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Medicare-for-all is bad business for taxpayers in a country full of fat asses. If you put diesel fuel in your gasoline engine and f#%k it up, you are gonna' pay good money for the repair. If you put Big Macs in your fat face, you need to f#%kin' pay for the heart surgery. We charge kids more for car insurance because they are high risk but give old pigs a break on healthcare. Nonsense. You want a break, then start giving a s#%t.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Medicare-for-all is bad business for taxpayers in a country full of fat asses. If you put diesel fuel in your gasoline engine and f#%k it up, you are gonna' pay good money for the repair. If you put Big Macs in your fat face, you need to f#%kin' pay for the heart surgery. We charge kids more for car insurance because they are high risk but give old pigs a break on healthcare. Nonsense. You want a break, then start giving a s#%t.
So crass, but so true. :)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I could have been more diplomatic, but it would have been off brand. Always give em' what they want.:p

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
So crass, but so true. :)
I hear ya Irv, I'll never understand why so many fail to accept personal responsibility yet feel the government should step up to the plate, ridiculous I say !

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry to rain on the parade here but some diseases like cancer can affect even the youngest and healthiest of us no matter how much we try to do the right thing. Just sayin...

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry to rain on the parade here but some diseases like cancer can affect even the youngest and healthiest of us no matter how much we try to do the right thing. Just sayin...
Channelling my inner trebdp83: there are a lot more fat and out of shape people who make poor eating, drinking, and smoking choices than there are highly deserving cancer patients.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Covid? So being old and poor is a bad life choice? Believe me Irv I don't have a dog in this fight as I am on Medicare but hate to see anyone turned away from affordable healthcare.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Covid? So being old and poor is a bad life choice? Believe me Irv I don't have a dog in this fight as I am on Medicare but hate to see anyone turned away from affordable healthcare.
I didn't say anything about being old and poor. Eating right, getting some exercise, and not eating junk food, smoking (at $8-10/pack), do drugs, or drinking a lot are life choices, and I'm a personal accountability kind of guy. I understand if you feel differently, or that I'm being a hard-ass, but I think we all have personal responsibilities to the rest of society. Like right now, following COVID avoidance guidelines. If someone wants to skirt common sense, whatever, but I don't want to pay for it or suffer for it.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
affordable health care, David I think we're all in favor of that. Irv and I are not voicing our opinion there

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I didn't say anything about being old and poor. Eating right, getting some exercise, and not eating junk food, smoking (at $8-10/pack), do drugs, or drinking a lot are life choices, and I'm a personal accountability kind of guy. I understand if you feel differently, or that I'm being a hard-ass, but I think we all have personal responsibilities to the rest of society. Like right now, following COVID avoidance guidelines. If someone wants to skirt common sense, whatever, but I don't want to pay for it or suffer for it.
Agreed for the most part. But some (a lot) of people working low wage jobs with no healthcare available could really use some form of affordable care. Let them pay what they can afford. Obama Care had some problems I know so maybe we can come up with something better. I was really hoping the Trump admin would come up with a better plan but it didn't happen. Anyway like I said no dog in the hunt for me as I have Medicare plus my VA hospitalization if needed. And no I don't think you are being a hard-ass both my sisters feel the same way. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
We can't subsidize medical care but we can subsidize the automobile....go figure.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Agreed for the most part. But some (a lot) of people working low wage jobs with no healthcare available could really use some form of affordable care. Let them pay what they can afford. Obama Care had some problems I know so maybe we can come up with something better. I was really hoping the Trump admin would come up with a better plan but it didn't happen. Anyway like I said no dog in the hunt for me as I have Medicare plus my VA hospitalization if needed. And no I don't think you are being a hard-ass both my sisters feel the same way. :)
I totally agree with the need for affordable healthcare, and I think I've posted in other threads that there are so many things the government could do without up-ending the entire system. Some I remember from that thread:

- A universal claims form. Just use the Medicare form. This reduces administrative overhead.
- Make it illegal for insurance companies to deny treatment prescribed by licensed physicians.
- Mandate one price for all medical procedures by a given provider. None of this bullshit secret pricing or special in-network pricing. If Congress can mandate Monroney MSRP window stickers for cars, why can't they mandate price transparency and commonality for medical procedures?
- Allow the government to negotiate drug pricing for Medicare, Medicaid, etc.
- I like the idea of experimenting with a public option for health insurance, but it should be cost neutral. If the government can really do it cheaper or better than private industry, I'm not going to shed tears for the health insurance industry. They might have to give up their class-A office space and layers of expensive bureaucracy.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I totally agree with the need for affordable healthcare, and I think I've posted in other threads that there are so many things the government could do without up-ending the entire system. Some I remember from that thread:

- A universal claims form. Just use the Medicare form. This reduces administrative overhead.
- Make it illegal for insurance companies to deny treatment prescribed by licensed physicians.
- Mandate one price for all medical procedures by a given provider. None of this bullshit secret pricing or special in-network pricing. If Congress can mandate Monroney MSRP window stickers for cars, why can't they mandate price transparency and commonality for medical procedures?
- I like the idea of experimenting with a public option for health insurance, but it should be cost neutral. If the government can really do it cheaper or better than private industry, I'm not going to shed tears for the health insurance industry. They might have to give up their class-A office space and layers of expensive bureaucracy.
Well said. :)

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

Great suggestions! I think that not all treatments should be eligible to be covered by the insurance companies, and that is the case in countries with universal healthcare. A major reason is to control costs that would otherwise balloon, and there is a public agency/committee that is responsible for making a list of approved treatments as well as price tags. This committee is what Republicans used to call "Death Panels" in their opposition to Obama care aka Romney care aka conservative market based alternative to universal health care.

Edit: I wonder how affordable healthcare will fare in this US Supreme Court: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/11/10/scotus-hearing-aca-live-updates/

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis