I wonder if my headphone has a problem. Please help.

K

kojenku

Audiophyte
I am not an audiophile but I like my headphones (at work) a lot and it just happened recently. Upon listening to certain tracks that have very high or very low frequency notes, the headphone starts emitting hissing noise along the rhythm of music. The headphone is not of the audiophile-grade but it has been doing the work pretty well in the past. I think its frequency response starts from 55hz (it flaps if lower) but I don't know how high it can do.

The music tracks that causes the problem is Summertime by Charlotte Church (from Voice), the apparent noise begins the moment her beautiful voice starts with the song. The other is the album Adagio Karajan. Whenever the music gets to certain low notes the hissing starts, but gone if it gest out of it. This album does not have electronic bass. The same thing does not happen when I play them in my home stereo system (a Bose from my sister as a gift long years ago). Not a bit.

Is there any sure way to tell if the headphone is going bad and reaching its end of life?

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Upon listening to certain tracks that have very high or very low frequency notes, the headphone starts emitting hissing noise along the rhythm of music.

[Deleted]

Is there any sure way to tell if the headphone is going bad and reaching its end of life?
It sure seems like they are.

Audible and consistently repeatable distortion is exactly the "sure way" to tell that there's something wrong.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis