I want to upgrade to Martin Logan 60XT

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
just getting caught up, so did yo buy the Salon's or still procrastinating ?

wow, 10% sales tax ?? where do you live ?
Suburbs of Chicago. 10% sales tax, 5% income tax 31/2% real estate tax, 20% auto sales tax, they hit us twice when we trade in and buy a car, you pay sales tax on what you trade in then you pay sales tax on what you buy. 53 cents tax for every gallon of gas. $3 per pack cigarette tax. And they just introduced a new bill, it will soon be illegal to pump your own gas. If this bill passes we will pay approximately an additional 70 cents per gallon of gas. Enough of that I'm getting crabby.....Lets talk stereo's.....,

I have an appointment to take another look tomorrow. Do some more negotiating. I emailed Revel asking how do I know how old these speakers might be. I haven't looked at a serial number yet. But if they are 10 years old, I should get them much cheaper. I found my old Rotel RC971. Not sure what good it will do me, I guess I can plug a cd player into it.

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
I don't think I've seen a multi-ch streaming unit outside of an avr/pre-pro....
[/Q
No to Audioquest at all times! :) Balanced cables are not necessary, but maybe for a long run might have an advantage. Altho if you're buying into the whole "high-end" thing then money should be thrown around!
I see what you mean. Oh My, look these bad boys up. $20k for 2 wires 8'
AudioQuest Dragon BASS Speaker Cables with Carbon DBS - 8' (2.43m) - 2-Pack

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The cable charlatans like Audioquest, Nordost, Transparent, MIT, Cardas etc abound....and are to be avoided. You want to see a silly selection of cables to avoid, visit The Cable Co....just about everything they sell is snake oil.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I will say that I do own some AudioQuest HDMI cables. They are nice. I didn't buy the uber expensive ones. I purchased the cinnamon (Red) HDMI cables for my AVR. I think they were around $70 for 2-3ft. That was early on when i was upgrading the home theater. Best Buy Magnolia guys talked me into them. Over time I was able to do my own research and find lower priced cables that were the same thing. Monoprice makes some very solid cables. SVS makes some very solid RCA cables. Of course Blue Jeans Cables. Going forward I refuse to pay that kind of money again. Just a waste of the budget if you ask me.

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
I will say that I do own some AudioQuest HDMI cables. They are nice. I didn't buy the uber expensive ones. I purchased the cinnamon (Red) HDMI cables for my AVR. I think they were around $70 for 2-3ft. That was early on when i was upgrading the home theater. Best Buy Magnolia guys talked me into them. Over time I was able to do my own research and find lower priced cables that were the same thing. Monoprice makes some very solid cables. SVS makes some very solid RCA cables. Of course Blue Jeans Cables. Going forward I refuse to pay that kind of money again. Just a waste of the budget if you ask me.
I watched several of Gene's videos on wires this morning. He can be a pretty funny guy. Any way, I'm pretty confident you know what he has to say about cables/wires. I'm gonna try and work cables into my deal for free, if not I was gonna get the svs 14 maybe it was 12 gauge, $47 8 feet. I can attest they make a damn good sub woofer. Blue Jeans, I'm sure it's a nice product, I didn't much care for there website.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I watched several of Gene's videos on wires this morning. He can be a pretty funny guy. Any way, I'm pretty confident you know what he has to say about cables/wires. I'm gonna try and work cables into my deal for free, if not I was gonna get the svs 14 maybe it was 12 gauge, $47 8 feet. I can attest they make a damn good sub woofer. Blue Jeans, I'm sure it's a nice product, I didn't much care for there website.
Or buy 12g speaker cable in sufficient quantity and attach your own connectors (or not)....$6 a foot just makes me gag.

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
what do you think store demo equipment should go for from retail. %0% off, 40, 30? I'm considering working in the anthem str pre-amp with the anthem str power amp. And just skip the dac

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
STR power amp = $6000 STR pre amp = $4000 Retail. Who ever pays retail has an emergency, or is a sucker. Every sigle mfr has sales. And audio mfrs generally offer 20% off a few times a year. So, that makes the 2 units $8000
I haven't bought from a B&M audio store in so long....but I seem to remember back when I had one I frequented they usually gave me 20% or so....or better if they wanted it moved quicker....

C

chrysler82000

Full Audioholic
I haven't bought from a B&M audio store in so long....but I seem to remember back when I had one I frequented they usually gave me 20% or so....or better if they wanted it moved quicker....
I figured every audio mfrg has 20% off sales a few times a year. SVS just had there's, Klipsch will have one soon. I was hoping for an additional 30% off a store demo, but I figured they would offer 20% And that's what he offered. Anthem STR pre-amp is $3995, he offered the demo to me for $2500. As much as I wanted to say yes, I worked a different deal. Anthem STR power amp and a pair of Revel salon 2 a Pro-Ject Pre Box s2 dac, and all the wiring I need, speaker cables, rca cables, usb cables. $13200 out the door

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I figured every audio mfrg has 20% off sales a few times a year. SVS just had there's, Klipsch will have one soon. I was hoping for an additional 30% off a store demo, but I figured they would offer 20% And that's what he offered. Anthem STR pre-amp is $3995, he offered the demo to me for $2500. As much as I wanted to say yes, I worked a different deal. Anthem STR power amp and a pair of Revel salon 2 a Pro-Ject Pre Box s2 dac, and all the wiring I need, speaker cables, rca cables, usb cables. $13200 out the door
Cool...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis