I want Advice on Upgrading My Home Theater Audio Setup

nathanlee

nathanlee

Audiophyte
Hello everyone,

I am running a 5.1 setup with an older receiver & a mix of Polk Audio and Klipsch speakers; I mainly use the system for watching movies and streaming shows but I would like to take my audio experience to the next level.

My budget is around $2,000 & i am curious if it is worth upgrading the receiver first or if I should focus on getting better speakers or even adding Atmos support. I have also considered upgrading to a 7.1 or 7.2 system but I am not sure if thats the best use of my budget.

Any suggestions on which components I should prioritize? Also, if anyone has experience with recent receivers and how much they improve sound quality.

As well, I found these resources when doing research on this; https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/home-theater-setup-what-would-you-sap-analytics-cloud-tutorialupgrade.105106/ & if anyone have any resources, tutorials or personal experiences please share with me, It would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you...:)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Hi and welcome. It would help to have some more details. What make and model AVR do you currently use and which model of Polk and Klipsch speakers are you using, including the subwoofer? What dimensions does the room have and how far away are you sitting from your front speakers? Your front speakers will have the greatest impact on sound quality but we need to know the whole picture before making recommendations. If not in the U.S. it helps to know what country you are in as to availability of different brands.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis