I voted this morning

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Some might contend, coming out to speak at at tough time is part of being presidential.
Can anyone recall any other Pres. nominee staying backstage after an election?
Moot point, don't you think?

cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
Some might contend, coming out to speak at at tough time is part of being presidential.
Can anyone recall any other Pres. nominee staying backstage after an election?
I thought it might be one of those bait people with a question instead of expressing an opinion things.

Since she didn't get elected, more important for us to discuss is the President Elect in that context of being presidential. Within 24 hours of being elected, he had this to say,

"Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!"

Poor Donald :rolleyes:

Can anyone remember a time when a president pouted and declared something unfair to him? The President Elect has two months. Hopefully, he can adopt a new view of the universe which does not place himself at the center.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I thought it might be one of those bait people with a question instead of expressing an opinion things.

Since she didn't get elected, more important for us to discuss is the President Elect in that context of being presidential. Within 24 hours of being elected, he had this to say,

"Just had a very open and successful presidential election. Now professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!"

Can anyone remember a time when a president pouted and declared something unfair to him? The President Elect has two months. Hopefully, he can adopt a new view of the universe which does not place himself at the center.
How do you know he was referring to himself? And as for self centered , I'm quite sure the current POTUS used the word "I" more than any other in history. Trump is definitely a different cat than any of us has seen as a president or elected offical (remember Rob Ford from Toronto). At this time I say we all hope that he will do well as opposed to nitpicking every word that comes out his mouth. I can put up with politically incorrect speech for a well run, prosperous, and safe County; which only time will tell.

cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
How do you know he was referring to himself?
Because he's shown himself to be egocentric throughout the campaign.

As for using "I" in political speeches, Obama is a skilled rhetorician. It's a bit different then pitching a fit that people protested, which is a right under the first amendment.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Moot point, don't you think?
No, not really. She was "The Nominee," I don't think she carried herself very well... not at that level of the game.
But, hey, if I hit a nerve..... we can switch topics and discuss what oil filters we use.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Just stopping in to see if anybody needed banning today.............anybody?
Sure, why not ;)

No, not really. She was "The Nominee," I don't think she carried herself very well... not at that level of the game.
But, hey, if I hit a nerve..... we can switch topics and discuss what oil filters we use.
Does my car have an oil filter? Do I need one of those?????????

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan

Wondering why you didn't respond to my post directly to you?

cel4145 said:
I don't get the need to speculate on that.
What?... have you seen the bulk of this thread. No one here is a political insider, so it's all speculation.
Hopfully we won't speculate as much as the News and the Polls did this past year :)

cel4145 said:
But Podesta did come out at 2 am. His speech was carried on the networks. At that time, the race had not been called, and given how close the vote was, seemed sensible to wait until the morning. I'm sure the campaign didn't want to make the mistake of conceding before they had a chance to see if any recounts would be called for.
That's weird... Hillary called Trump at 2:30 am
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary-clinton-privately-concedes-in-phone-call-to-donald-trump/ .

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan

Nice.... you responded to a post I made to someone else.... but not the one I made to you....
That doesn't speak volumes or anything....:D

majorloser

majorloser

Anyone have thoughts on why Hillary didn't come out and thank her workers and supporters the night of the election?
It was reported John Podesta finally came out at 2am and told supporters to go home she wasn't coming out.
Too busy booking a flight to a country that doesn't extradite. :rolleyes:

cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
Nice.... you responded to a post I made to someone else.... but not the one I made to you....
That doesn't speak volumes or anything....:D
I'm sorry. I didn't realize those were the rules of your game. I don't want to violate them, so from now on I won't play at all ;)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I'm sorry. I didn't realize those were the rules of your game. I don't want to violate them, so from now on I won't play at all ;)
Righttt... ok .... didn't realize this was too complicated for some...
Moving on... I see you have a whole 101 posts since 2011. You must be very helpful here.
Thanks for all your contributions.:rolleyes:

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
The police have figured out how to end all the disruptive marches and demonstrations. They're going to give all the protesters a Participation Trophy. :D

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
As I see it, Hillary's political career is over. She might be able to get a senate seat, but I believe she will largely be discounted as "a player" in US politics. At this point, I think she is irrelevant. Thus, why she did not make a speech is pretty much irrelevant, or "a moot point". Don't you think?
Obviously not a nerve here. I was the one that surmised that she may have been afraid she would lose her composure in front of her supporters. That is not what a hard-core Hillary fan-boy is likely to say.
I voted for Hillary, not because I champion her as my candidate, but because I feared Trump will be worse. However, I have been impressed with Trump's post election demeanor and will keep an open mind that he may prove me wrong (I hope so).
More than any campaign I remember, both candidates targeted the character of each other rather than their plans for the US. The result is this was almost coached in terms of "Good vs Evil" by both sides. That is one reason we see more intensity around this election.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
However, I have been impressed with Trump's post election demeanor and will keep an open mind that he may prove me wrong
Rumor has it that Trump is considering making Sarah Palin the Secretary of the Interior. That is not a joke. Considering what he cabinet picks are likely to be already, his administration is already a failure, and it hasn't even begun. Many of the people he is considering placing in his administration are grossly unqualified, and all of them are hard-right ideologues. His presidency is already shaping up to be as bad as I had feared. He already makes G.W. Bush look like Dwight Eisenhower.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Rumor has it that Trump is considering making Sarah Palin the Secretary of the Interior. That is not a joke. Considering what he cabinet picks are likely to be already, his administration is already a failure, and it hasn't even begun. Many of the people he is considering placing in his administration are grossly unqualified, and all of them are hard-right ideologues. His presidency is already shaping up to be as bad as I had feared. He already makes G.W. Bush look like Dwight Eisenhower.
There is certainly room for things to go very badly, but until rumor turns to fact and considered cabinet members become the cabinet members, I will keep an open mind (as if anything I might do would make a difference)! Oh, that's right, I can protest!:rolleyes:

It appears that he has already backed off his idea of appointing a special investigation of Hillary, and his rhetoric on repealing Obamacare appears to have softened considerably. Obama knows that Obamacare needs to be changed to get away from being insurance based. Whether it is called repealed or replaced or improved, changes must be made.
Trump is promoting a rather large (larger than the one Hillary proposed) jobs/infrastructure program, which is traditionally a democratic strategy (and liable to piss off the Republican party unless they can figure out a way to label it as not a jobs/infrastructure program).
In many ways, Trump seems to be a non-partisan candidate - picking and choosing which parts of which platform he thinks will be effective for which topic.

PS - I don't mention the above items as ones I especially care about as much as items he very strongly made cases for and appears to no longer have such zeal for. He is truly a wild card and some of the people on "his list" don't seem well suited for his inconsistencies!

Last edited:
cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
So if the divisive rhetoric of the Trump campaign, which might be described at times as bigoted and sexist, was just rhetoric to get elected--as many people suggested during and after the campaign--why was Steve Bannon appointed Chief Strategist and Senior Counselor?

Trump has said that Bannon will be equivalent in rank to Reince Priebus, his Chief of Staff, and report only to Trump. The RNC gets one ear of the President. That is understandable and good move by Trump. But the Alt-Right has the other ear? And since Priebus is the Washington insider, that means the Alt-Right is the ideological counsel to Trump that will shakeup Washington?

Surely some of the Republicans that voted for Trump can't be too comfortable with this choice. Even Glenn Beck says Bannon is a "terrifying man." http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/11/14/glenn-beck-steve-bannon-is-a-terrifying-man.html

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Shut this thread down, it's starting to sound like the election all over again. :mad: mostly partisan rhetoric with close minded BS

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis