I think Wmax (Chris) may have ripped me off.

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
LOL. I realize you are only joking, as that wouldn't be much of an "argument", any more than a physics "debate" between Einstein and Forest Gump :D.
I'm guessing your room is large enough for a multi-polar system. What is your current favorite of the existing group?

A true/valid controlled test would be very difficult, if not impossible to do with such various systems, as each may have a different optimum position in the room to interact..well, optimally.
I'm guessing you define "bookshelf" as "on a stand", because the JBL 6332 and Earls' speakers tend to be a bit larger than typical.
Have you auditioned Linkwitz's Orions..or anything from Audiokinesis, or ME Geithain?

cheers,

AJ

ps. my apologies if I'm pulling the thread off course, just curious, hope you don't mind.
Really, Earl's speakers have to have a subwoofer with them but I would say that the LSR6332 could do fine without. That said, I don't really consider them a bookshelf. No, I have not auditioned the ones you mention.

AJinFLA

AJinFLA

Banned
I'd be interested in your opinion of them if you ever get a chance to audition vs your current crop (which I assume still includes the GedLee's). Even Earl seems fascinated by the typical in room (dipole) bass performance of the Orion - with zero so called "treatment" :). There is talk of him maybe incorporating a gradient bass system into his products now. We'll see.

Then let me know when I can drop by :).

cheers,

AJ

I

Inertia

Full Audioholic
This post kind of went in a different direction but.... Wmax said he would send my crossovers last friday with a confirmation #. Haven't seen anything and he won't reply to me on the parts express tech talk board anymore thru PM. Just thought id let everyone that he did not follow thru with what he said he would do. Hopefully the package will get here but i highly doubt it! Not much else i can do.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
This post kind of went in a different direction but.... Wmax said he would send my crossovers last friday with a confirmation #. Haven't seen anything and he won't reply to me on the parts express tech talk board anymore thru PM. Just thought id let everyone that he did not follow thru with what he said he would do. Hopefully the package will get here but i highly doubt it! Not much else i can do.
He is to busy working on 2030p mods for those that will send more money. I'd take the free game he was going to send U and call it a day. ;)

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I guess he can't use the excuse that since he's banned here, establishing email contact wasn't possible. See what happens in the coming week and if nothing, I guess you can consider PM'ing one of the moderators over there explaining your situation and asking for guidance. Direct them to this thread as well as Randy's.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
There is nothing transparent about that, quantifiably effed up indeed, I am sorry to read this, :mad:
I don't really buy into the whole time constraints and such , it is just plain theft by deception, I almost fell in as well, thank goodness I didn't go through with it.

I

Inertia

Full Audioholic
Yup i noticed he hasn't posted since the 6th as well on the P.E. forum.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
After my glib comment above, I'm starting to wonder if it could be a legitimate health issue.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
After my glib comment above, I'm starting to wonder if it could be a legitimate health issue.
After your genuine concerns about potential infirmities I am starting to wonder if taking other peoples' money is an illness. I'm pretty healthy otherwise but this would be the kind of disease that I would be interested in contracting.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
After your genuine concerns about potential infirmities I am starting to wonder if taking other peoples' money is an illness. I'm pretty healthy otherwise but this would be the kind of disease that I would be interested in contracting.
The mob does it everyday. Yet, they don't appear to show any side-effects of this disease.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
The mob does it everyday. Yet, they don't appear to show any side-effects of this disease.
Our local landfills, concrete, building foundations, and waterways offer ample evidence to the contrary,

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis