I think we need a politics forum

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
:D so many political/non-audio related threads. They may actually be beyond Steam Vent as well. Just a thought. Not sure how you would classify them as politics vs. just Steam Vent, as some are obvious and others might not be, but many of them seem to just go nowhere.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
:D so many political/non-audio related threads. They may actually be beyond Steam Vent as well. Just a thought. Not sure how you would classify them as politics vs. just Steam Vent, as some are obvious and others might not be, but many of them seem to just go nowhere.
Ha! This!!!
It's like a Steam Vent thread about the Steam Vent! :)
But I agree.
Where I like that we get to post about whatever, and there have been some genuinely interesting things come from the SV, the Politic-heavy environment we are living in is almost leading to a non-stop barrage of issues.

Of course the simple thing would be if everybody that wants to post about politics just went and signed up on a Political Forum. :p

Anyway, I like it.
Steam Vent as we know and love it, and the Poli-Vent for those that just have to talk about the meaninglessness of our Leardership Caste and their daily foibles.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
No reason there can't be a political sub forum. Lots have them on random forums I frequent. Easy to ignore if you don't want to participate, easy to find if you do.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No reason there can't be a political sub forum. Lots have them on random forums I frequent. Easy to ignore if you don't want to participate, easy to find if you do.
Or even better have a way you must request the political forum for any of it to show in your feed? Some people get upset just seeing the titles....

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
I'm so completed disgusted and fed up with politics already. The Trump cult and republicans bizarro world methods of leadership have ruined society beyond repair, at least in my lifetime. I can't drive back and forth to work without seeing crackpots with their ret@rded Trump flags in their yards still, all I see is "We are idiots", I can't look at twitter or any social media without people ranting about politics that are supposed to be focussed on home theater, movies or gaming media, I can't even watch TV without some show or movie injecting not so subtle innuendos about the state of things.

I am litterly so f^cking fed up with being force fed peoples political views and sexual agendas all day I want to burn everything down and go live in the mountains. But even in the mountains Bigfoot probably wears an over priced chinese made maga cap and will accuse me of trying to take away his claws.

However, on the other side, I'm accused of being a white supremacist because I don't think James Bond should be black and a homophobe because I don't need to see gay people making out in practically everything I see on tv and films these days. Did Chucky really need gay tweens? Eternals?? Discovery? Everything on the CW? Come on.. There is no winning for the in betweeners.

There's no balance in the force anymore. I wish it would all just stop. The world went completely out of whack in 2016 and has never come back to reality.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm so completed disgusted and fed up with politics already. The Trump cult and republicans bizarro world methods of leadership have ruined society beyond repair, at least in my lifetime. I can't drive back and forth to work without seeing crackpots with their ret@rded Trump flags in their yards still, all I see is "We are idiots", I can't look at twitter or any social media without people ranting about politics that are supposed to be focussed on home theater, movies or gaming media, I can't even watch TV without some show or movie injecting not so subtle innuendos about the state of things.

I am litterly so f^cking fed up with being force fed peoples political views and sexual agendas all day I want to burn everything down and go live in the mountains. But even in the mountains Bigfoot probably wears an over priced chinese made maga cap and will accuse me of trying to take away his claws.

However, on the other side, I'm accused of being a white supremacist because I don't think James Bond should be black and a homophobe because I don't need to see gay people making out in practically everything I see on tv and films these days. Did Chucky really need gay tweens? Eternals?? Discovery? Everything on the CW? Come on.. There is no winning for the in betweeners.

There's no balance in the force anymore. I wish it would all just stop. The world went completely out of whack in 2016 and has never come back to reality.
First paragraph I'm not laughing at, as it's too true; we still have several numbnuts around here in our little mountain town (including a guy across the street) with the Trump/Pence signs up still (guess they didn't want to hang Pence?)....... but the rest of it was pretty good :) I don't have a problem with a black chick becoming 007, as long as they don't actually name her James Bond. What's the CW, tho? Reality has always been a bit out of whack, tho, but it is getting pretty wacky here in the US....

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
First paragraph I'm not laughing at, as it's too true; we still have several numbnuts around here in our little mountain town (including a guy across the street) with the Trump/Pence signs up still (guess they didn't want to hang Pence?)....... but the rest of it was pretty good :) I don't have a problem with a black chick becoming 007, as long as they don't actually name her James Bond. What's the CW, tho? Reality has always been a bit out of whack, tho, but it is getting pretty wacky here in the US....
The CW is the channel that airs The Flash, The Arrow and other Warner owned superhero shows mostly all getting the axe soon.

I have no issues with characters designed to empower others. I love a lot of things. I get super annoyed everytime I watch a good movie and the only take away from online twits was the movie is "woke". So sick of that too. Women can be bad ass and deserve more respect.

What pisses me off is when hollywood hacks repurpose existing and established characters to pander to certain groups of people or shoehorn romantic antics into a story that has zero contribution to the outcome. It's the new hot thing to do in the era of helplessness.

Even in video games, why does an online multiplayer shooter character that wears a mask and just kills at your whim have to be a transgender? What the hell purpose is that even serving if not to pander. I get that people want to feel represented but let's make it meaningful and with purpose. Or better yet, natural and realistic.

My sister in law pulled her kids out of school and moved to a red state all because the kids were being taught about different gender identities. They still believe Trump won the election and she's always on about Democrats did this, they did that... the have to be defeated... blah blah. She repeats Fox News talking points and it's too obvious.

The things about lack of gender identity, women's reproductive rights and other things that are directly related to things that affect people in their personal lives and are nobody's business are what trigger the right. When the left want to allow people their rights and freedoms, the right retaliate with more conservativeness while complaining there aren't enough guns. Disney is being terrorized by elected Republican leaders simply because the company did not agree with their hate and bigotry policies. Could these leaders be looking for ways to increase children's safety? Keep them fed? no.

Donald Trump and the cult of fascism is directly to blame for the birth of the Metoo movement and cancel culture. people do not pay attention to the threads of social behavior and the ripple effects things cause. Society creates destructive ways to counteract the wrongs they see with other wrongs however they see fit. If you can't undo or stop corruption you take it out on whomever or whatever you can. Now, comedians are getting canceled because people see the power whining online. The thing about cancel culture is, it only works if you believe it. Most on the left allow themselves to get canceled while the right just double down on their wrongs and keep fighting for their cause no matter what, they simply don't believe they are touchable.

It's all politics man.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I am an equal opportunity political party hater.

Another forum I belonged to for years has a political section. Ends up being one huge circle-jerk of crappy one-liners and parroting the daily news with even more bias. I recall when AGW was the hot topic. Some things didn't add up so I dared to ask questions, like science had always taught. First response was for them to tell how I was a plant from Bushco. lol!

Other thing about all the political experts there being, in 20 years of the time wasted there, they have gotten nearly every political prediction pretty much wrong. I pointed out to them that this tends to show how much they actually suck at politics, and they should perhaps try something else.

Trump? He merely represented a condition perpetuated for decades by the left and the right. So, what next? Maybe we can get a movie star in there to set things right? I don't go to that forum anymore. I was merely there to point out how things that they swore would happen a certain way, didn't. If not for me, they would have just swept all their wrong predictions under the rug, while still claiming to be more informed than. . .everyone? That kind of made them angry.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
And now, only in America would Congress write/ratify legislation to spend $380 BILLION DOLLARS to fight inflation.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai

Dam! You just may be my long lost twin brother ;) it's actually a good post. I can relate to just about all of it, feel about the same way too.:) The 1st trumpet blew in 2016, 6 more to come. End times was announced the whole world heard it.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
And now, only in America would Congress write/ratify legislation to spend $380 BILLION DOLLARS to fight inflation.
??? I want to laugh out loud cuz it's true. Only in America. A country that can print so much money and not worrying about having to pay a dime back. It's not a wonder the bankruptcy laws are so relaxed. At least the poor working class gets a pass from paying debts. But here's the catch filing bankruptcy. 1: you gotta hire a bankruptcy attorney, 2: it's filed in a federal bankruptcy Court, 3: The FBI, investigates all bankruptcies big and small private and corporate. 4: The only debts that are not excusable for anyone filing bankruptcy including corporate bankruptcies or 5: IRS owed taxes, student loans, owed to victims of a certain crime. Federal wins out either way.

Last edited:
Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I’m so glad I’m high. I can appreciate the irony / strategy of you guys talking (bitching) about politics on a thread here to advocate for a political sub forum. :rolleyes:

O

OHMisback

Audioholic
Wow! After reading the above, I had to put a nitro pill under my tongue. I think I'll focus on the finer thing in life. Fixing the chicken coop and
shoveling some goat $hit. I'll put on mine and the dogs vest (bullet proof) and go for a walk later. Dodge a few cars, shopping carts and bullets,
come home and NOT turn on the TV, listen to the news, or read the mail.

WHO IS PRESIDENT again? Truman or this new guy Ronald Reagan. I thought the Korean War was over. Where is Vietnam? DRAFT? I hear there is
a cool music thing going on in a few weeks man, Woodstock. I'm going. Kent State was so uncool dude. Lets watch Flipper.
No kidding James Brown was a republican so was Elvis and Alice Cooper. Elvis gave a GUN to Nixon too. Think on that one.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

Sup John,

We both came onto this forum at about the same time. (old timers:)) Remember when political topics were off limits... This was a much better community then. We've lost a lot of very experienced AV knowledge due to banning and or the members who just don't post on or even look at these forums anymore due to the political nature here. I don't care what anybody here thinks about the Left or Right. All I want is a friendly AV community where we can help each other with our hobby.

It's sad.

The Steam Vent is a great place to discuss things other than AV with the friends and acquaintances we have made here. Let's just ban all political discussion and "Make Audioholics Great Again" (MAGA):oops:

Maybe I need another slogan... I'll work on it.:D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sup John,

We both came onto this forum at about the same time. (old timers:)) Remember when political topics were off limits... This was a much better community then. We've lost a lot of very experienced AV knowledge due to banning and or the members who just don't post on or even look at these forums anymore due to the political nature here. I don't care what anybody here thinks about the Left or Right. All I want is a friendly AV community where we can help each other with our hobby.

It's sad.

The Steam Vent is a great place to discuss things other than AV with the friends and acquaintances we have made here. Let's just ban all political discussion and "Make Audioholics Great Again" (MAGA):oops:

Maybe I need another slogan... I'll work on it.:D
lol. I think MAGA is probably not a good name, but yeah. Yes We Can? LMAO. I think preferred when the political stuff was kept to a minimum.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis