B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
If you really want to test your subwoofer, pop in a good action flick:cool:

P

plattq45

Audiophyte
Sheep said:
Agreed. Tools new album has some great bass in it.

Also, you can Download some bass test songs from

www.realmofexcursion.com

I have some of them, the hardest on subs being "bass I love you".

SheepStar
wow, that "bass i love you" is awesome, sound so good. YOu know where i could get/buy more that sound something familiar to it?

thanks.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
plattq45 said:
wow, that "bass i love you" is awesome, sound so good. YOu know where i could get/buy more that sound something familiar to it?

thanks.
Theres a bunch of songs on that site. Alot of them are actual songs, and not just sine waves.

You could also buy the Bass Mechanik CD.

SheepStar

MACCA350

MACCA350

Audioholic Chief
wow, that "bass i love you" is awesome
I'll second that. When it hits the bottom notes, all my pictures were wobbling, not vibrating, WOBBLING slowly about half an inch. Windows, roof, walls, stuff inside the walls(pretty much the whole house) was shuddering and the neighbor said his house was rattling too, you could feel the pressure. The last time I felt that I was playing some 10 & 15Hz sine-waves. Great stuff Sheep:D

cheers:)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
MACCA350 said:
I'll second that. When it hits the bottom notes, all my pictures were wobbling, not vibrating, WOBBLING slowly about half an inch. Windows, roof, walls, stuff inside the walls(pretty much the whole house) was shuddering and the neighbor said his house was rattling too, you could feel the pressure. The last time I felt that I was playing some 10 & 15Hz sine-waves. Great stuff Sheep:D

That song has notes that reach around 17hz, so it should be just like those 15hz sines. :)

Another good song that isn't that low(well, not compared to "Bass I love you"), but definitely hits hard is "Late night tip" BY Three 6 Mafia.

BTW, heres a couple http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/Rockford Fosgate/t215.1.wmv 15inch Rockfords playing "Bass I love you".

SheepStar

Last edited:
MACCA350

MACCA350

Audioholic Chief
Also that 'Childhood Dreams' track on Nelly Furtado's album 'Folklore' was great, especially the lead-out. It's making me want to get some pipe organ cd's:eek:

PS Sheep, that Rockford link didn't work for me:confused:

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
MACCA350 said:
Also that 'Childhood Dreams' track on Nelly Furtado's album 'Folklore' was great, especially the lead-out. It's making me want to get some pipe organ cd's:eek:

PS Sheep, that Rockford link didn't work for me:confused:
Hm. I will like you the page with it on it, and I put the raw link on it. You can click it and hold alt. and it will DL to your computer (probly your best option).

SheepStar

D

derekbannatyne

Audioholic Intern
GarrettMaster1 said:
When I want to straight up test a subwoofer I use this.

http://studentweb.uwstout.edu/guntlyg/BassTest.mp3

It probably isn't the most scientific by any means necessary, but for a good show it does the job.

Happy Listening! lol
That's weird, I had that song playing on WMP when I clicked on that link.

Also try "Tocatta in B" by Bass Mekanik, that has some pretty low stuff in it too.

J

jwp975

Enthusiast
FIREPROOF by Pillar is a hard rockin cd. That has excellent bass lines.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
GarrettMaster1 said:
When I want to straight up test a subwoofer I use this.

http://studentweb.uwstout.edu/guntlyg/BassTest.mp3

It probably isn't the most scientific by any means necessary, but for a good show it does the job.

Happy Listening! lol
Now THAT was awsome! I rattled several things off a shelf with that, literally! That really got the air moving through my sub's port, which is tuned to 18hz. I have saved that to my hard drive for future use. :D

I like to listen to acoustic bass as well to test a system. Dell McCoury's "Backslidin' Blues" and Johnny Staats' "John Barty Jam" are two of my favorites. Del McCoury has a lot of walking bass in his songs. It's a good test for a frequency hole and that kind of bass can easily sound "one-notey" if a system isn't up to the task.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Hi Ho said:
Now THAT was awsome! I rattled several things off a shelf with that, literally! That really got the air moving through my sub's port, which is tuned to 18hz. I have saved that to my hard drive for future use. :D

I like to listen to acoustic bass as well to test a system. Dell McCoury's "Backslidin' Blues" and Johnny Staats' "John Barty Jam" are two of my favorites. Del McCoury has a lot of walking bass in his songs. It's a good test for a frequency hole and that kind of bass can easily sound "one-notey" if a system isn't up to the task.
You should really DL "Bass I love you"

SheepStar

D

derekbannatyne

Audioholic Intern
Hmm on "Bass I Love You" I can see the driver moving alot on the <20hz frequencies, but don't feel much. Could the reason be that my room is about 15 x 25 x 7 with an opening to the rest of the house? Also, I get this noise, not port noise, but almost like I can hear the foam moving in and out or the dust cap. Anyone have any ideas? My sub is a ported 15" DIY. Or maybe I should just turn it up louder :D .

MACCA350

MACCA350

Audioholic Chief
Here is what had stuff wobbling around the room, 'Bass I Love you' 16Hz at 2min 56sec :eek:

Also just before this it hits below 8Hz around 2min 40sec, See here

cheers:D

Last edited:
Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Hmmm... I must have the wrong "Bass I love You". The only one I found on Napster is "Drum & Bass 'I Love You' ". Nothing too room shaking in there, compared to the other one.

EDIT: Ahhh, I see in the thread that MACCA350 linked to, he posted "Bass I Love You". That is very nice. :D

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Hi Ho said:
Hmmm... I must have the wrong "Bass I love You". The only one I found on Napster is "Drum & Bass 'I Love You' ". Nothing too room shaking in there, compared to the other one.
No no. Download it from www.realmofexcursion.com Under the downloads heading.

SheepStar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis