I need songs for testing subwoofers

Kyle Lorenz

Kyle Lorenz

Junior Audioholic
Not sure if this would be in the correct spot but oh well. Do you know of any good songs for testing a subwoofer? I need to impress my friends:p

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
what are your music tastes?

mine ...

for r&b I have the following:
BASS 305 "Digital Bass"
So So Def Bass All Stars I, II and III (I don't know if there are more sequels)
Most rap albums have great bass
Tone Loc's Funky Cold Medina (oops, I gave away my song preference on that one)

for "normal" music
try the Eagles: When Hell Freezes Over version of Hotel California
if your sub is musical, try the first song in Diana Krall's Love Scenes album

WorldLeader

WorldLeader

Full Audioholic
These are some songs that I personally made, the third one down (electronic strings) has some digitally enhanced bass and should rock the bottom at around 20Hz at times, but they aren't test songs. The other ones aren't that bad either, tell me what you think of them!

Link

Enjoy!

K

knobturner75

Audioholic Intern
If you like rap music, there is a christian rap compilation CD called "Hip Hope Hits 2006". Track 3 is called "If I" by a group called Grits. This song has some awesome bass in it. Also, Grits album "The Art Of Translation" has a track called "Lovechild" that has awesome bass as well.

For heavy metal, my favorite is Metallica the Black album. POD Satellite is really good too.

That Eagles Hell Freezes Over has Hotel California on it from a live performance and it has awesome bass as well.

There are plenty of bass CD's out there. I think my favorite is Techmaster PEB and D.J. Magic Mike's Back in Bass CD. They remix Back In Black on here two different ways. Both of which are pretty great. It has a track on it called "How Low Can You Go". Believe me, it goes low. This is an unbelievable bass song, no highs, all bass. A friend played this in his car and blew a fuse on his amp. He told me that it had never blown a fuse before.

M

Matalata

Audiophyte
You might want to try The Chemical Brothers "Under the Influence" on the CD "Surrender." It has mindless bass that won't destroy your subwoofer, but will certainly test it.

Kyle Lorenz

Kyle Lorenz

Junior Audioholic
mike c said:
what are your music tastes?
I'm into rock and metal. Definalty not rap. Songs that are strictly bass is good too:)

tenacious ender

tenacious ender

Enthusiast
knobturner75 said:
If you like rap music, there is a christian rap compilation CD called "Hip Hope Hits 2006".
worst recommendation ever!:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Agreed. Tools new album has some great bass in it.

Also, you can Download some bass test songs from

www.realmofexcursion.com

I have some of them, the hardest on subs being "bass I love you".

SheepStar

A

AMG_Roadster

Junior Audioholic
The Blueman group has some songs that will test your subwoofer.

timechaser

timechaser

Audioholic Intern
A real old one, but one of my favorites is Principles of Lust by Enigma. Depending on your subwoofer, the integration and setup, the bass in the song will sound punchy and clean, or just pure noise - or worse still boomy.

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
Metallica Black album, see how tight the drum snaps are.

Cypress Hill: Temples of boom The name says it all...very deep, very hard hitting bass...be careful, this disc hits as hard as any of those "bass mechanik" CDs.

Pick your favorite orchestral piece, that happens to have a nice deep string section...see how nice it sounds.

3 discs, one for tight snappy bass, one for sheer sound output, and one for a more complex bass.

D

deftech

Junior Audioholic
The LOWEST bass notes I have ever heard are on a song called "childhood dreams." It is by Nelly Frutado. There are some pipe organ notes that rattle my walls like NOTHING I have ever heard.

toquemon

toquemon

Full Audioholic
Good, tight, natural bass can be heard on Patricia Barber's live album in France.

Tons of bass can be heard on every record of The Chemical Brothers.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Bela Fleck, Flight of the Cosmic Hippo.

title track. Beeyooteeful fretless bass runs.

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
The new Donald Fagen "Morph the Cat". Most cuts have a serious bass workout.

P

philh

Full Audioholic
GarrettMaster1 said:
When I want to straight up test a subwoofer I use this.

http://studentweb.uwstout.edu/guntlyg/BassTest.mp3

It probably isn't the most scientific by any means necessary, but for a good show it does the job.

Happy Listening! lol
Some great ideas here! I only had a few minutes last night, and quickly burned that mp3 to CD, and WOW! I love my home built sub for movies, but generally turn it off for music, prefer pure two channel. It impressed the kids, they couldn't get over how hard the bass was hitting :)

R

rynberg

Audioholic Intern
Bjork's Post album, the song Hyperballad has long extended tones from the 40s down into the 20s throughout the entire song. Great for testing in-room frequency response! And pretty pants flapping to boot.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis