I hate to do this ...but

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Have you considered the T45s?

Greg,

I own the T45s, sales person talked me into them instead of the T55 even though he had them in stock. His take was that the extra 150.00 that the T55 cost over the 45 for 2 -3 Hz bass extension isn't worth it in his mind. I listened to them and the T55 and couldn't really hear a difference in the fullness of sound between the two. So ordered myself the T45s.

I can tell you from first hand experience that the T45s will more than meet all your bass requirements for music. I turn off my sub when listening to music in stereo and run these full range. They do sound really good and I've never heard a better soundstage put out by a speaker in this price range.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Dealers issues in this area. They dont stock them and said if they order them; I have to purchase them. Now they are not even returning my phone calls.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
You shouldn't have to do this

Greg Gable said:
Dealers issues in this area. They dont stock them and said if they order them; I have to purchase them. Now they are not even returning my phone calls.
Have you tried contacting PSB directly and complain about the local dealer in your area?

http://www.psbspeakers.com/contact.php

I can't understand the mentality of some audio dealers. I wish you good luck for an alternative speaker solution

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I have not but I want a trusted, local dealer for whatever I end up with. It seems all the hi-end stores in my area only carry Paradiagm, B&W and KEF. I will listen to all those but I really want to hear the MA s too.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Just spoke to Monitor Audio. He said that he will find me a way to audition his speakers. I will let you know what he figures out.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Ok...I promise last update until I get a speaker in my living room (I am just excited). The MA is sending some speakers to my local store for me to audition. In the meantime; another authorize dealer, down the street from my office, called me. He said go listen to them and if I like them buy them from him. The store that will have them for audition wants $1000 for the pair. This second guy said he would sale them to me for $655 (he said don’t tell any one that,,,opps) I almost think I cant go wrong with these at that price.

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
Greg Gable said:
Since the PSBs may not work out. Can everyone throw out what they would buy for mains.
1. < $1000
Speakers take the greatest loss of value of all gear but its good for buyers,if you were to buy used you could flip your speaker budget into a pair of speakers that just a few years ago cost 4 to 5 times that amount,before you buy anything go to audiogon & do a zip code search & see whats near you that way you can listen to them & avoid high shipping costs & shipping damage.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Greg Gable said:
Ok...I promise last update until I get a speaker in my living room (I am just excited). The MA is sending some speakers to my local store for me to audition. In the meantime; another authorize dealer, down the street from my office, called me. He said go listen to them and if I like them buy them from him. The store that will have them for audition wants $1000 for the pair. This second guy said he would sale them to me for $655 (he said don’t tell any one that,,,opps) I almost think I cant go wrong with these at that price.
That is customer service. WOW!;)

dave1490

dave1490

Audioholic
highfihoney said:
Speakers take the greatest loss of value of all gear but its good for buyers,if you were to buy used you could flip your speaker budget into a pair of speakers that just a few years ago cost 4 to 5 times that amount,before you buy anything go to audiogon & do a zip code search & see whats near you that way you can listen to them & avoid high shipping costs & shipping damage.
i dont know i bought 10 2402,2 for $900 deliverd and plan on keeping them.then selling for the same price{in a few years}.granted the retail is $325 each.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis