ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Toss up between that and gettin fixed...
Talk about a different ball game! That's, ummm... well... *gulps
;)

I had an inguinal hernia repair many years ago... Laparoscopic repair with mesh. That's the closest I want any doctor coming to them thar parts ever again! My oh my, the bruising that happens! I actually had a moment, couple days after the surgery, when the bruising really started to set in. Thought things were gonna start falling off!!! :eek:o_O:confused: Even called the surgeon: "What is going on! There's a black ring and everything else is orange!"

I'll take my childhood destist shooting me up with Lidocaine, grabbing a pair of Slip-Joint "forceps" and pulling a baby tooth that wouldnt come out any day over another hernia repair!
:p

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
;)

I had an inguinal hernia repair many years ago... Laparoscopic repair with mesh. That's the closest I want any doctor coming to them thar parts ever again! My oh my, the bruising that happens! I actually had a moment, couple days after the surgery, when the bruising really started to set in. Thought things were gonna start falling off!!! :eek:o_O:confused: Even called the surgeon: "What is going on! There's a black ring and everything else is orange!"

I'll take my childhood destist shooting me up with Lidocaine, grabbing a pair of Slip-Joint "forceps" and pulling a baby tooth that wouldnt come out any day over another hernia repair!
Ooh that sounds pretty rough. I can’t think of any good hernia stories. Pretty much all sound like nightmarish experiences. I had a couple of really bad bouts of kidney stones back in my 20’s and early 30’s. Felt like someone parked a truck on my nutts. My wife doesn’t believe it, but I’ve heard some women compare it to giving birth. Nasty shitt in any case.
Different ball game tho.....lmao.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Speaking of root canal, I have a cracked molar so just got a root canal done. Set me back $300. Now gotta get a Crown over the cracked molar.

Now I'm at the Lexus dealer for the oil change. While here I was looking in the showroom and wish I was billionaire so I could get this $383K Lexus. :D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
;)

I had hernia surgery not too awful long ago and was able to get away without the mesh. Waking up from that and the following couple of days were pretty rough tho. That was some pretty intense pain. I DID get some percs for that one.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So last night I'm feeling the hole left behind with my tongue and something still doesn't seem right. I cleaned my hands real well and rubbed the spot with my finger- ouch! There was another fragment in there! I cleaned up my pocket knife really well with rubbing alcohol and managed to flick it out of there. This is the fragment next to a piece of rice.

30597-512x288.jpeg

The fragment is on the left. What the hell..?! That's not it either, I think there's at least 1 more chunk still in there, if not 2! Right now the spot is officially all healed over but there are still 2 bumps and one of them hurts when I press on it. Like being poked with something sharp... like a BONE FRAGMENT.

What the hell happened when they took that wisdom tooth out? It was 32 years ago! I still remember it vividly tho, because it was so miserable. I had bruising along that side of my jaw from under my ear halfway to my chin. I think they straight up fractured my jaw!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
So last night I'm feeling the hole left behind with my tongue and something still doesn't seem right. I cleaned my hands real well and rubbed the spot with my finger- ouch! There was another fragment in there! I cleaned up my pocket knife really well with rubbing alcohol and managed to flick it out of there. This is the fragment next to a piece of rice.

View attachment 34812

The fragment is on the left. What the hell..?! That's not it either, I think there's at least 1 more chunk still in there, if not 2! Right now the spot is officially all healed over but there are still 2 bumps and one of them hurts when I press on it. Like being poked with something sharp... like a BONE FRAGMENT.

What the hell happened when they took that wisdom tooth out? It was 32 years ago! I still remember it vividly tho, because it was so miserable. I had bruising along that side of my jaw from under my ear halfway to my chin. I think they straight up fractured my jaw!
Didn't they used to break up the tooth to take it out in pieces? If they did that, it seems they missed a few. That sucks.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Didn't they used to break up the tooth to take it out in pieces? If they did that, it seems they missed a few. That sucks.
I've heard that too.
IIRC, mine were extracted whole with a sturdy pair of slip-joint pliers forceps.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Since my dad's insurance covered it at the time and I was about to turn 18, I went to a hospital and got anesthesia. They knocked me out so I don't remember a damn thing! I have no clue what they did while I was under...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
At least as far as pain goes it's not so bad now. When this problem first made its self aware to me though it was some of the worst pain I've ever experienced. I'm guessing those first couple of fragments, one of them must have been pressing up against a root or something. I had all the classic symptoms of a dying nerve in a tooth. Even temperature sensitivity. I came very, very close to getting a root canal!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Another one!!

Another fragment poked through and the pain returned full force. I picked at it, thinking it'd be like the first 2 and just flick out. Nope. Just got back from seeing an oral surgeon. He got some forceps on it and used more force than I would have been comfortable with and broke it off. Still a small sliver left but god it feels better again. I hope this is the last of it. He wants to see me again in 3 weeks tho...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The answer to your signature:
you are going to the dentist, and the handbasket is his chair!
Mwa-ha-ha-haaaa!

1585603340472.png

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is what I've picked out of my mouth so far. This isn't counting the 2 fragments my dentist and oral surgeon picked out as well.

31138-640x360.jpeg

Those little chunks have caused me a lot of grief! I still have no clue what's causing this. After a little research I've determined that it's impossible for these to have been left over from oral surgery that occurred over 30 years ago. This is something new.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This is what I've picked out of my mouth so far. This isn't counting the 2 fragments my dentist and oral surgeon picked out as well.

View attachment 35322

Those little chunks have caused me a lot of grief! I still have no clue what's causing this. After a little research I've determined that it's impossible for these to have been left over from oral surgery that occurred over 30 years ago. This is something new.
I guess you could literally be falling apart.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja

View attachment 35322

This worries me for you. What are the dentists saying?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This worries me for you. What are the dentists saying?
It's not a tooth thing. There's like this little strip of bone that flaked off in little chunks and worked their way out like a foreign object. Those 2 tiny pieces were the last 2 and this morning is the first morning in months I woke up 100% pain free and believe some actual healing is taking place now. There are no more bumps, sharp edges or touchy spots, but I can feel the dent left behind by the missing fragments.

Dentist had no clue, referred me to an endodontist, who also had no clue. That guy was gonna give me a root canal and I was minutes away from the novacaine but wasn't confident we had the right diagnosis so I tapped out and canceled the procedure from the chair, lol. I pat myself on the back for making that call! That was before any bone fragments showed up. Went back to my dentist when I could feel the first one poke through and he flicked it out of there but still didn't know what the cause is. I got a referral from him to an oral surgeon.

The surgeon squeezed me in as a last minute emergency (more fragments began their working out), busted another chunk of bone fragment out of there and wanted to see me again in 3 weeks. They were way behind, I had been there for 3 hours and just wanted to go home so I didn't ask the questions I should have. He seemed to understand what was going on and wasn't super concerned. He saved me from a lot of pain tho so I was just grateful they squeezed me in during a pandemic lockdown.

I go back to see him on the 20th. From my little bit of research there's more than one thing that can cause this, but it generally is because the blood supply got cut from that part of my jaw, the bone died and my body rejected it like a foreign substance. Chemo and radiation therapy/meds (which I'm not nor ever had to do) can cause it, possibly a deficiency in diet... dunno. For now it seems to have stopped tho and I feel much, much better. I'll have more time for a real conversation with the doc on the 20th and ll learn some more.

The bone in your mouth and jaw are replaced more often than the rest of your body because of the stress it's always under from chewing your food. Look up "Phossy Jaw" once. Again, that's not in any way what's going on with me, but I learned a few things about the human jaw learning about it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh, he prescribed an antiseptic rinse for me to use too, that tastes like shit and is turning my teeth brown...

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
It's not a tooth thing. There's like this little strip of bone that flaked off in little chunks and worked their way out like a foreign object. Those 2 tiny pieces were the last 2 and this morning is the first morning in months I woke up 100% pain free and believe some actual healing is taking place now. There are no more bumps, sharp edges or touchy spots, but I can feel the dent left behind by the missing fragments.

Dentist had no clue, referred me to an endodontist, who also had no clue. That guy was gonna give me a root canal and I was minutes away from the novacaine but wasn't confident we had the right diagnosis so I tapped out and canceled the procedure from the chair, lol. I pat myself on the back for making that call! That was before any bone fragments showed up. Went back to my dentist when I could feel the first one poke through and he flicked it out of there but still didn't know what the cause is. I got a referral from him to an oral surgeon.

The surgeon squeezed me in as a last minute emergency (more fragments began their working out), busted another chunk of bone fragment out of there and wanted to see me again in 3 weeks. They were way behind, I had been there for 3 hours and just wanted to go home so I didn't ask the questions I should have. He seemed to understand what was going on and wasn't super concerned. He saved me from a lot of pain tho so I was just grateful they squeezed me in during a pandemic lockdown.

I go back to see him on the 20th. From my little bit of research there's more than one thing that can cause this, but it generally is because the blood supply got cut from that part of my jaw, the bone died and my body rejected it like a foreign substance. Chemo and radiation therapy/meds (which I'm not nor ever had to do) can cause it, possibly a deficiency in diet... dunno. For now it seems to have stopped tho and I feel much, much better. I'll have more time for a real conversation with the doc on the 20th and ll learn some more.

The bone in your mouth and jaw are replaced more often than the rest of your body because of the stress it's always under from chewing your food. Look up "Phossy Jaw" once. Again, that's not in any way what's going on with me, but I learned a few things about the human jaw learning about it.

Happy to hear the pain is going down. Definitely follow up and question that surgeon in case it comes up again. It seems very odd but maybe it’s something that people don’t talk much about.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis