Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
While I'm not shy about recreational experimentation....when it comes to the dentists' hands in there they either better numb me up real good or use one of those blocks to force it open....
A little nitrous never hurt anyone, though!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I hate needles in my mouth so bad that I'm willing to tolerate a little bit of pain to avoid them. For any serious digging or drilling though, yes. Absolutely. Numb that poop up.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
It ended up being simple but I suffered for almost a month!

What a weird thing to happen too. Bone sliver about the size of a grain of rice, maybe a little bit smaller from something that happened from over 30 years ago.

I remember getting my wisdom teeth out. That was awful too. I had bruising on that side of my face along my jawline. I pictured the doc with his foot on my forehead for leverage while he yanked with both hands for that tooth... my jaw was never the same after that and for years it would sometimes lock up on me. I now think that he fractured my jaw.
I had 5 wisdom teeth. Somehow a tiny extra one formed at the back of my lower jaw.

Being cheap, I requested laughing gas instead of local, when I had them pulled out. I am SO glad I did! It was fun! I was awake and aware, but I felt no pain and just didn't care about anything. One of the funniest experiences of my life. I just wouldn't stop talking; the doc and the assistant had to keep shushing me. I do remember he almost fractured my jaw because one of them was just not coming out, and he twisted and pulled rather viciously. I didn't feel the pain, but the pressure was incredible.

Don't you know the bastards charged me extra because of the 5th tooth though? :mad:

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
While I'm not shy about recreational experimentation....when it comes to the dentists' hands in there they either better numb me up real good or use one of those blocks to force it open....
Drugs and Restraints! :p

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I had 5 wisdom teeth. Somehow a tiny extra one formed at the back of my lower jaw.

Being cheap, I requested laughing gas instead of local, when I had them pulled out. I am SO glad I did! It was fun! I was awake and aware, but I felt no pain and just didn't care about anything. One of the funniest experiences of my life. I just wouldn't stop talking; the doc and the assistant had to keep shushing me. I do remember he almost fractured my jaw because one of them was just not coming out, and he twisted and pulled rather viciously. I didn't feel the pain, but the pressure was incredible.

Don't you know the bastards charged me extra because of the 5th tooth though? :mad:
The old 5 wisdom teeth trick? Did they fake that 5th one on the X-ray? Just kidding. LOL :)

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
If only laughing gas worked for me. For some ungodly chemical unbalanced physical reason I'm immune to it.

Every dentist I've gone to thinks I'm BS them. I tell them, try it if you don't believe it but I ain't paying you for it. :D

A few tried in vain. One dentist gave me three doses and finally gave up.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
The old 5 wisdom teeth trick? Did they fake that 5th one on the X-ray? Just kidding. LOL :)
Naw I had known for a long time based on previous x-rays. I told the orthodontist beforehand and he didn't believe me.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I keep thinking about what would have happened if I'd have gone through with the root canal. Once the novacaine wore off I'd have been in even more pain!

"Well, I guess we did get the wrong tooth. Better root out the other one!"

:oops::eek:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I keep thinking about what would have happened if I'd have gone through with the root canal. Once the novacaine wore off I'd have been in even more pain!

"Well, I guess we did get the wrong tooth. Better root out the other one!"

:oops::eek:
I've come close in that I get phantom pain on some perfectly fine teeth now and then....was sure a few times when I finally made the appointment that I was going to end up with some work but no evidence existed of any real issue....putting your mouth into a steering wheel in a car that decelerates from 60-0 in an instant can have odd effects it seems.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've come close in that I get phantom pain on some perfectly fine teeth now and then....was sure a few times when I finally made the appointment that I was going to end up with some work but no evidence existed of any real issue....putting your mouth into a steering wheel in a car that decelerates from 60-0 in an instant can have odd effects it seems.
Yeah that sucks, sorry it happened to you man.

I saw a whole thing on phantom pain and it's very real. Happens a lot with amputees. One psychologist came up with a fascinating way to deal with it in some cases and it's very effective. Mirror box therapy.

I doubt it would work in your case because it's not as visually impactful but the concept of the pain you experience is the same.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Reminds me of this

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the end...

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I've come close in that I get phantom pain on some perfectly fine teeth now and then....was sure a few times when I finally made the appointment that I was going to end up with some work but no evidence existed of any real issue
You sure it wasn't that girl who made a voodoo doll of you after you ditched her?
Actually, she probably wouldn't make your teeth priority!
How's it hanging?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You sure it wasn't that girl who made a voodoo doll of you after you ditched her?
Actually, she probably wouldn't make your teeth priority!
How's it hanging?
Fortunately I've largely avoided that issue by asking about voodoo beliefs up front ;)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Fukk yeah, gas me up baby. Gotta go through some dental crap, might as well get a free ride.

I’ve heard of people getting their ribs cracked while having wisdom teeth taken out. I had mine out, and when coming out of general, I had the whole place laughing. Carrying on about riding a bike and how wasted I was etc. Then I spent a few days swollen and bruised. Couldn’t eat for a long time. Not a good experience. Toss up between that and gettin fixed...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis