I got pulled and had to blow last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
It will get you cuffed and thrown in the back of a cruiser faster than being a sheep.
That'll show 'em!!!!! :confused:

I understand and agree with the giving up freedom for safety and security thing. I also understand the real world, what makes a difference and what doesn't. Frankly, I would rather avoid the drama and go home, than provoke a violation and later become vindicated. And if the day came when I really needed that cop, I would rather him remember me in a positive way.

You choose the course of action you believe will work out best for you. A little surprised at the animosity toward cops here. At least here in the south, you pretty much reap what you sow. It's generally a human nature thing.

jinjuku

jinjuku

That'll show 'em!!!!! :confused:

I understand and agree with the giving up freedom for safety and security thing. I also understand the real world, what makes a difference and what doesn't. Frankly, I would rather avoid the drama and go home, than provoke a violation and later become vindicated. And if the day came when I really needed that cop, I would rather him remember me in a positive way.

You choose the course of action you believe will work out best for you. A little surprised at the animosity toward cops here. At least here in the south, you pretty much reap what you sow. It's generally a human nature thing.
Asserting one's rights shouldn't provoke a violation. If you've been pulled over it's not entitlement that they owe you a response.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Asserting one's rights shouldn't provoke a violation. If you've been pulled over it's not entitlement that they owe you a response.
True, but there is more than one way to do it.

1. "Where ya headed?"
"Why"

2. "Where ya headed?"
"Just going home after dinner at Bob's Bison. Stopped off to put a little salt on a woman's sidewalk over on Elm Street. We live on Oak Street. Is everything OK? Why did you pull me over?"

Again, you tend to reap what you sow.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Irv,
Why did you respond to his first question with a challenge?
Just askin...

Because I should have never been pulled over, no lights out, plates were clear of snow, no clutter on my dash board, no reports of a stolen rubicon, nothing suspicious about a couple driving with their seat belts on under the speed limit up a public street abiding by all the traffic laws.... I simply should not have been pulled over for him to ask me where I was going, thats not how it works....

Now I agree, you and many others may have sat there and said "I'm going home sir" and told him your life story or what ever else he wanted to know, but I wanted to know why he wanted to know where I was going and for what reason he pulled me from my route? Its my rite to be made aware, rite then, not after he runs my plate, licence, looks around the car ect. As soon as they decide to light you up they need to have a reason, he didn't, he thought I would just bow down to his authority and be impressed with his position while he flirted and showed off in front of my wife....

My wife said he looked rite at her when we passed, and we were going slow, and the navigation screen in the jeep is bright so you can see rite in, when he walked to my window, I could tell he was shocked by my size, and then it seemed like he had something to prove, and when I stepped out of the vehicle the top of his head came up to my shoulder {maybe, that's being generous}. He kept looking at my wife when ever he talked.

But anyway, thats why I didn't answer his question, because he had no cause to ask it, or to pull me over.....

On a side note, I was called today by his commanding officer and asked if I wanted to file a complaint. I get the feeling they want this kid gone, which I will be glad to help with....

As far as "hating" cops, thats a tough comment to make, I know they can be rough, but they have a job to do, and the bulk of the ones I know are stand up guys. When you need them you will call them and then you won't hate them, and as most people will say "I can take care of myself", well what about your mother, grandmother, sister, wife, ect when you are not around, its nice knowing there is someone to protect them a call away... I give them credit because as I tell them in person "better you than me" because I could not do it, I would make a miserable cop, lol....

So me and the wife are over it, I hate that I had to call in a favor for something so stupid, and I did order a breathalyzer to keep in the car Amazon.com: BACtrack Select S80 Breathalyzer Professional Edition: Health & Personal Care , if I am over the limit I have no problem letting my wife drive or calling a car service, I have done it before, we over drank at a wedding a few years back and I called a limo service to take me and a few friends home, well worth $250, we went back the next day to get our cars, lol... but we were all alive and well...

jinjuku

jinjuku

1. "Where ya headed?"
"Why"

2. "Where ya headed?"
"Just going home after dinner at Bob's Bison. Stopped off to put a little salt on a woman's sidewalk over on Elm Street. We live on Oak Street. Is everything OK? Why did you pull me over?"

The officer has no mandate given to find out where you are going. They are confined to the reason of the stop.

The issue is this:

Cops aren't trained to respect someones wishes to not divulge information that has nothing to do with the stop at hand. When asked where are you headed a perfectly acceptable response is that you don't wish to divulge but would rather focus on the reason for the stop.

A cop could ask you literally 100 opening questions. Why that one? I don't mind 'Do you know why I pulled you over'. That's easy: I don't. Anything outside of that isn't any of their business.

As far as needing a cop. If I need one I will call one. It's their job. It's what they are paid to do. They certainly aren't paid to pull people over for no reason and start the harassment process.

As a teen I was stopped twice by LEO for, wait for it, WALKING. Down a street. Both times they thought they could intimidate me. Doing that stupid thing like "Why you acting so nervous" really? That's what they teach in cop school? The second time I actually flipped the sheriff the bird. He drove off.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There's no real question that he had NO cause to take it as far as he did, so he WAS just exercising his authority for his own entertainment. And found out the hard way that sometimes that's a bad idea.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
A little surprised at the animosity toward cops here. At least here in the south
I hate 'em too. The South is where I'm most afraid of those little f^%&s.

he WAS just exercising his authority for his own entertainment.
I'd a shot him in the the buttocks. That would be pretty entertaining.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Tazer and pepper spray.

"Don be a beech, one more" lol. (from the youtube thread)

Last edited by a moderator:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja

1. "Where ya headed?"
"Why"

2. "Where ya headed?"

You see this is why these cops think they can act like this, because people let them....... Now what if there was a hit and run somewhere or they were trying to prove you committed a crime or were going to. Maybe its from me being in business but I never say more than I have to, and when I am being interrogated I say nothing unless I have to and I want to know why I am being asked a question... You can say "if you didn't do anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about" and I will show you thousands of people who did real jail time for a crime someone else committed...
Its ignorant to think everything is as it seems, do your self a favor, learn your rights, follow the law, and don't be such a push over, I am adamant and strong willed because I don't do anything wrong, I am a productive law abiding civilian and I will not stand for being harassed and unjustly interrogated about anything as simple as where I am going or where I have been, show me cause of suspicion and that I have to legally answer your questions and I will do so {after my attorney arrives}...

If this cop was a little less green he would have known what kind of person he was dealing with rite away, normally a seasoned officer will see he is not dealing with a guy like you and I will be on my way. I know its sad but when I used drive the mercedes cops treated me with more respect, in my wifes Jeep I think he was like this is just some joe six pack I can bust his balls and he has to just deal with it because I'm bored and I want a better look at his wife...

You respond to that BS as you see fit and you can sleep at night, I am who I am and I'm not going to put up with that, at all... If I was speeding or he had any reason to pull me over I would have simply handed him my info and said we were heading North, if he said where I would have said "why, is there a problem in that direction?" he would have said no, and I would have said "then please rite my summons so we can be on our way".. Sorry I am not kissing your *** because you have badge, move on to the next guy for that...

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Here is a good read...
Police Brutality Harassment Know My Rights never talk to the police

Know your rights guys, its important... Heres the thing, you may think you are speeding up how long you will be there or what ever, but you may be hurting yourself... And I know some people will say "they can do what they want they are cops" its true until you get in front of a judge, when my lawyer says "why did you pull him over? Did you tell him that was why? Did he resist you? did you have cause to pull the passenger from the vehicle? Was there any weapons or illegal substances in plain view? ect ect ect he is on camera {we were in a walkmart parking lot and his cruiser has a/v} so when my wife falls and breaks her hip he can lose his job and she can get 500K for her trouble...

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Irv's right IMO , you kiss their *** and answer questions that they have no legal standing to ask and you just give license to continued violation of others civil rights. Let them know when they're over the the line and the ones that don't get it, will when their supervisor or your lawyer gets ahold of them.
“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
Ben Franklin.
Cheers, Mac​

Last edited:
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord

1. "Where ya headed?"
"Why"

2. "Where ya headed?"

This is the best response yet.

Cops are trained to deal with belligerent aholes on a daily basis. By having a chip on your shoulder and giving them lip rather than answering a simple question, they simply put you in that category and treat you accordingly. Unless you were doing exactly the speed limit, (and I'm sure you were :rolleyes:) he was totally within his rights.

And, as you know, there are lot of aholes out there. It seems like you rent to at least one.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
This is the best response yet.

Cops are trained to deal with belligerent aholes on a daily basis. By having a chip on your shoulder and giving them lip rather than answering a simple question, they simply put you in that category and treat you accordingly. Unless you were doing exactly the speed limit, (and I'm sure you were :rolleyes:) he was totally within his rights.

And, as you know, there are lot of aholes out there. It seems like you rent to at least one.

I was doing under the speed limit as I stated in my original post, the roads were bad, I haven't been able to do the speed limit for a week, lol.. I was doing under the speed limit I am sure of that...

Like i said you guys can get treated how you want, I have ZERO issues with going to the police station for standing my ground, call me thickheaded {my wife and mother do} but I am not going to let some power tripped public parasite interrogate and investigate me with no cause or reason... Where does it end, when they can just walk in your house with out knocking and look through your draws, when they can just pull you out of a crowd, lay you on the ground and throw cuffs on you because you look like someone that teased them in high school, when they can just grab your kids throw them against the wall and search them at their will, pull over your wife and search her with no cause, where does it end?

You can go ahead and let your rights be violated, I will hold onto the ones I still have at any cost, talking a ride to the PD, and getting out in 2 hours isn't a big deal for me if it means I stood up for myself. I should have never been pulled over, they should have never interrupted my night, there was no CAUSE to pull me over!!! It is that simple, if he didn't think my wife was attractive and want to get a closer look we would have driven rite by, but he was a bored little jerk off that needs a badge to feel like a man...

I know I am lucky to be in the position where I can afford to bail myself out and hire attorneys to protect myself, I know its easier to be quiet and just answer the questions, and act like a limp d!ck loser, but where will it end? I feel soooo sorry for you if you would have honestly just let the situation I was in go with out standing up for your self...
I can picture it... tell me if I got this wrong...

driver "I am sorry officer here is my information sir"

cop "where are you going and coming from"

driver "I am coming from my cobblers he was lightening my loafers because they were to heavy for my delicate legs and I am heading to my aunties home to help her knit a scarf for my cat"

cop "OK your going to have to blow"

driver "yay"

Backbone is something we are born with, I will never back down when I feel I am not wrong, its how I am wired, I'll take my lumps, but Ill sleep good knowing I didn't let some kid push me around because he had a badge..

Not trying to argue and I don't mean to insult anyone, just show that we are men, don't let anyone push you around....

My wife told my mother about the incident and my mother said "would you want him any other way" and my wife said "nope", her mother asked her if she was scared, and she said even with me cuffed she knew she was safe and nothing could happen to her...
When we got back in the car, she rubbed my shoulder {she knew I was in pain with the cuffs, and the shoulder surgery being pulled at the seams} she said "you shouldn't be mad, you should feel bad for him, poor little guy" it made me laugh...

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

When I was young and dumb all I wanted to be was a cop....now that I've lived that life on and off in the military and supervised my fair share of "I am the law" idiots, I want nothing to do with law enforcement.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Don't feel sorry for me, Mac.

I know I am lucky to be in the position where I can afford to bail myself out and hire attorneys to protect myself, I know its easier to be quiet and just answer the questions, and act like a limp d!ck loser, but where will it end? I feel soooo sorry for you if you would have honestly just let the situation I was in go with out standing up for your self...
I can picture it... tell me if I got this wrong...
I'm secure enough with my manhood that I can avoid confrontations without feeling any shame. I don't need to "prove" to anyone what a man I am, particularly in front of my wife, kids, or grandkids.

...nor do I have to brag to the world about my "victories" in order to reinforce my ego.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I had a cherry cough drop in my mouth and he said to spit it out, so I asked why, he took a step back and said "are we going to have a problem?" I said "are you serious?, you asked me to do something, I asked you why, you pulled me over I asked you why, and now you want a problem?" I spit the cough drop out....
FWIW, as far as I'm aware, most if not all states have something along the lines of "Failure to comply with a lawful order" on the books; if an officer gives a lawful command, i.e. pull over, get on the ground, move behind the line, etc, you are expected to follow said command as opposed to questioning its validity. I'd wager this probably got you on the officer's bad side more than refusing to answer where you were going.

jinjuku

jinjuku

FWIW, as far as I'm aware, most if not all states have something along the lines of "Failure to comply with a lawful order" on the books; if an officer gives a lawful command, i.e. pull over, get on the ground, move behind the line, etc, you are expected to follow said command as opposed to questioning its validity. I'd wager this probably got you on the officer's bad side more than refusing to answer where you were going.
The order has to have a basis in being lawful however. If it's found out via dash cam that the stop was dirty then all the 'lawful' order and failure to comply will get tossed.

The issue is the legality of the stop.

Believe it or not but LEO has to have a REASON. The badge isn't a reason btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis