I’m not selling this but it’s advertised on FB near me. Advertised as all new and unopened.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I’d like to add my step dad had a 9090db, it was running some 3 way studio monitors and some 3 way pioneers but I don’t remember what they were exactly. He passed away and I kept the gear for a few years until his kids asked for it. In the meantime I had a roommate that DJ’d, he hooked his turntables up to the system, sounded great till the cops showed up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
In my opinion, those are not the kind of products which will be good collectors' items as their value won't increase much over time. As a matter of fact, it most likely will decrease.
It should be said that Sansui had a sad demise (I think they may still exist, but not really).
I'm not sure what happened, but somewhere around the mid 80's it seemed they were being milked for their reputation by selling low quality products at medium quality prices (after developing a reputation for high quality products at medium quality prices) under the Sansui name. The previously good Sansui name quickly converted to a reputation for crap.
My point is your comments are far too generous if they refer to the latter Sansui products!

I'm pretty sure their flagship amps and receivers from the "golden" years bring a decent profit (but nothing like a top level McIntosh). I say profit in absolute dollars, but if you adjust for inflation, they are probably not really returning a profit.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I went to an Audiokarma get-together this past Saturday and one of the organizers brought his freshly-refreshed Sansui TU-9900 tuner and AU-20000 integrated amp, both fully restored. He paid $500 for the pair and said he had about 25 hours into them. Many asked if they were for sale, he wouldn't even suggest a bribery price. Sounded pretty damned good!

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I'm pretty sure their flagship amps and receivers from the "golden" years bring a decent profit (but nothing like a top level McIntosh). I say profit in absolute dollars, but if you adjust for inflation, they are probably not really returning a profit.

As a posed to average level McIntosh? Because as you know there’s lots of average level McIntosh gear floating around for reasonable prices... lol, sorry, carry on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for your feedback. I've been thinking of purchasing the ATI AT1802.
Overall, I'm still happy with ATI. They handled the warranty work quickly and effectively, and even let me disassemble the amp and ship only the one bad channel module to them, saving a lot in annoyance and shipping cost. My only expense was about $45 to ship the module back to them. I was surprised the amp module experienced a failure, but the experience didn't taint my view of ATI. I also have an AT602 amplifier which has been flawless.

Damned annoying was when the DAC board in my beloved Levinson No39 CD player / preamp failed (this was about seven years ago),and Harman wanted about $1400 (if my memory is accurate) to replace it. Caps were the problem on that board too. Once I got the unit back repaired I sold it; $1400 was a ridiculous price, and I wasn't taking further risks for older digital technology.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Glad the ATI experience worked out for you and that they have good customer service. That's encouraging in case I decide to take the AT1802 plunge. I don't need the amp, my room is small, but I like this hobby too much.

P

Poofables

Enthusiast
That’s awesome! Would be really neat to get those new in box like that. I have a 9090db around here somewhere, they are really great sounding receivers. Even though they command a pretty high price on the used market. They still hold their own against many modern receivers costing many times as much.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis