Hulu Plus on iPhone, iPad, Samsung & Vizio!

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
For some time now everyone has been asking the question - how quickly will Hulu make it to the big (and little) screen? That question has been answered. The company today announced Hulu Plus, its $9.99/month plan to bring ad-supported movies and TV shows to your iPhone, iPad, or Samsung TV. And more products are on their way soon. Sony's PS3 will have it next month (July) and Microsoft's Xbox 360 will follow early next year. Vizio is on board and will soon bring to market TVs and Blu-ray players with the service and Sony will have TVs that follow shortly thereafter.

Discuss "Hulu Plus iPhone iPad Samsung" here. Read the article.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Wait so its $10 a month PLUS they still have ad's for a service that has been completely free on PC's for years? God what a horrible company Hulu turned into.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I don't mind paying for Hulu. What I don't understand is why it is going to take so long to come to Xbox. :confused: The PS3 gets it next month but we Xbox users have to wait until 2011? That makes no sense to me.

I could possibly replace Dish with Hulu and other streaming services and save a lot of money but only if it is just as easy to watch on my TV as Dish is...

Also, where is Android support? I already don't understand why, when I go to Hulu.com on my Evo I get a "This device is not supported" message when it could easily play through flash in the browser. Now they're putting Hulu on the iPhone, will they at least remove that restriction?

R

roshi

Audioholic
What I'm confused about is what episodes or things this will give me compared to paying $8.99 for the cheapest netflix plan?

N

nickboros

Audioholic
They want you to pay $9.99 per month and still have ads. If they think that this will work then they are crazy. But, then again look at the current state of cable and satellite TV. I for one will never pay a monthly subscription to get ads. I pray that Netflix keeps things ad-free. It would be very difficult for me to jump ship.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I don't mind paying for Hulu. What I don't understand is why it is going to take so long to come to Xbox. :confused: The PS3 gets it next month but we Xbox users have to wait until 2011? That makes no sense to me.

I could possibly replace Dish with Hulu and other streaming services and save a lot of money but only if it is just as easy to watch on my TV as Dish is...

Also, where is Android support? I already don't understand why, when I go to Hulu.com on my Evo I get a "This device is not supported" message when it could easily play through flash in the browser. Now they're putting Hulu on the iPhone, will they at least remove that restriction?
Yeah if Hulu offered all the shows I watched then maybe I would pay a fee for their service....they don't even come close.

They want you to pay $9.99 per month and still have ads. If they think that this will work then they are crazy.
You're crazy if you think it won't. This is actually very good for TV. As people flock to streaming, because cable and satellite companies continue to inflate prices and offer less impressive services there HAS to be a way to fund it sufficiently. Ads are the reason this service won't cost us $39.95/month.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
as long as the adds dont completely interfere with what I'm watching who cares. We already have adds on TV and adds that cary over into the shows we watch.. so whats the difference. if its HD and a huge selection then cool

N

nickboros

Audioholic
as long as the adds dont completely interfere with what I'm watching who cares. We already have adds on TV and adds that cary over into the shows we watch.. so whats the difference. if its HD and a huge selection then cool
I'm comparing Hulu to Netflix. For the same price you can stream without ads and get some movies in the mail as a bonus. I couldn't be happier with the Netflix streaming. When I go to the other peoples houses, with cable, it is almost painful to watch 7 or 8 minutes of a show and then 5 minutes of commercials and repeat this over and over. How can anyone get into a movie that way, or even a TV show. With Netflix you can watch exactly what you want, when you want and NOTHING ELSE. Am I the only one that thinks this is how it should be? I don't care if Netflix has to increase the price in the future to keep this structure, as long as it is ad-free.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I'm comparing Hulu to Netflix. For the same price you can stream without ads and get some movies in the mail as a bonus. I couldn't be happier with the Netflix streaming. When I go to the other peoples houses, with cable, it is almost painful to watch 7 or 8 minutes of a show and then 5 minutes of commercials and repeat this over and over. How can anyone get into a movie that way, or even a TV show. With Netflix you can watch exactly what you want, when you want and NOTHING ELSE. Am I the only one that thinks this is how it should be? I don't care if Netflix has to increase the price in the future to keep this structure, as long as it is ad-free.
Those 7 to 8 minutes come in handy for the following:

1) Getting a beer

2) Refilling snack bowl

3) Getting more beer

4) A break from the wife talking through the show

5) Did I mention getting a beer

6) Bathroom Break.

:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers