Huge man cave being built

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
A fella I've gotten to know real well on this site @AcuDefTechGuy is a dealer of several speaker brands projectors recievers I can vouch for him as well as several members who have worked with him you could reach out to him send him a PM also other members could help refer you to stores or dealers in your area

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
On jus say roughly a 7k-10k budget what would be your complete setup with running jus Klipsch brand
Okay complete setup as in reciever projector speakers and everything? Or are you just talking speakers only?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Also don't forget about SVS for 7 to 10k budget on speakers there ultra line would he a good rout to go for the theater room I wouldn't bother with the Prime line tho it's not bad but I'd rather not compromise and that ultra line is a good bang for the buck

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay well let's see here you've got a couple options

Hmmmm

Option 1 reciever something like a denon X4400H. You can score them for like 800 right now.

For amps I'd say a monoprice monolith x3 Klipsch are efficient so you could power the rest using the amps on the reciever. So let's say 1200 on that not sure of the price.

Right around 2000 there

For the fronts and surrounds I'd go all 7 or 5 RP 8000fs that's 4200 there or 3000 if you go just 5

Then the Klipsch ultra ceiling speakers not sure how much they run you have to contact a dealer

So that's about 8000 there give or take that leaves you only 2000 for screen and projector.

You can get an okay screen like an Elite or some of the budget ones for like 400 500.

Then say an Epson one of there budget 4k shift projectors right around 1500

That puts you at about 10 or 11000

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Option 2 klipsch 8000fs on the front 3 about 1800

The rp600m bookshelves for your surrounds that's about 1200 for 4. That's 4000

Then the thx ultra line you'll need to find out there cost from a dealer but for much less the RP line for in ceilings would be okay

Probably at 6000 with speakers covered buy the denon x4400H your at 6800.

Man I'll tell you what a 10k budget for everything is super super tight we haven't even scratched into subs and your projector and screen unless you want a budget one won't come cheap

B

bguinther85

Enthusiast
Okay well let's see here you've got a couple options

Hmmmm

Option 1 reciever something like a denon X4400H. You can score them for like 800 right now.

For amps I'd say a monoprice monolith x3 Klipsch are efficient so you could power the rest using the amps on the reciever. So let's say 1200 on that not sure of the price.

Right around 2000 there

For the fronts and surrounds I'd go all 7 or 5 RP 8000fs that's 4200 there or 3000 if you go just 5

Then the Klipsch ultra ceiling speakers not sure how much they run you have to contact a dealer

So that's about 8000 there give or take that leaves you only 2000 for screen and projector.

You can get an okay screen like an Elite or some of the budget ones for like 400 500.

Then say an Epson one of there budget 4k shift projectors right around 1500

That puts you at about 10 or 11000
Option 2 klipsch 8000fs on the front 3 about 1800

The rp600m bookshelves for your surrounds that's about 1200 for 4. That's 4000

Then the thx ultra line you'll need to find out there cost from a dealer but for much less the RP line for in ceilings would be okay

Probably at 6000 with speakers covered buy the denon x4400H your at 6800.

Man I'll tell you what a 10k budget for everything is super super tight we haven't even scratched into subs and your projector and screen unless you want a budget one won't come cheap
Yea I wasn't counting the projector and screen into cost

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm going to have to do some research to see how to fit you in a 7 to 10k budget.

Also help to know are you going all out on this theater design custom lighting theater seats etc. ?

I'm building one myself planning on budgeting 50 to 70 thousand. To give you an idea I'm looking if I upgrade speakers at least 10 to 15k on speakers that includes good subs then at least 10k to 15k on electronics amps preamp screen projector streaming home automation with it then 20 to 40on build if the build is cheaper then the budget goes into the speakers. The rule of thumb is you want the best speakers and subs for the room then the best reciever or amps you can budget then the best projector screen you can budget the rest goes towards the build

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yea I wasn't counting the projector and screen into cost
Yeah it just depends I can get you some great options if your looking to keep your theater on a tight budget I just need to know is this an all out sweet looking home theater room or theater room on a budget

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
If it's a badass looking theater room then you want the audio and visuals to fit

B

bguinther85

Enthusiast
If it's a badass looking theater room then you want the audio and visuals to fit
Well it's not going to be like a full out true theatre room with stadium seating or anything of that matter.. I would mostly say other then audio video it will jus be a boring room maybe a custom build screen wall but nothing to extravagant

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Is the Klipsch r115 sw a good subs or are they that much less production the. The svs ultras
The Klipsch are a good sub for the money but they can't compete with the SVS lineup anything from the 3000 line on up will way outperform them

If I were you on your budget Id be looking at Monoprices 15 or HSU 15 especially the HSU.

SVS the PB 2000 or PC 2000 is great to go multiples in for there price a quad setup of 2000's for 3200 roughly would be sweet

B

bguinther85

Enthusiast
The Klipsch are a good sub for the money but they can't compete with the SVS lineup anything from the 3000 line on up will way outperform them

If I were you on your budget Id be looking at Monoprices 15 or HSU 15 especially the HSU.

SVS the PB 2000 or PC 2000 is great to go multiples in for there price a quad setup of 2000's for 3200 roughly would be sweet
I've looking at the monoprice equipment and I'm surprised that your naming some of there equipment

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well it's not going to be like a full out true theatre room with stadium seating or anything of that matter.. I would mostly say other then audio video it will jus be a boring room maybe a custom build screen wall but nothing to extravagant
Okay so that helps a lot do you want a really nice screen or do you want more budget and do you want a 4k projector or just 1080p and do you mind budget on those as well.

I can give you a great budget room setup based on your feedback

But I'm getting tired so I'll send you the info tommorow gotta crash lol

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I've looking at the monoprice equipment and I'm surprised that your naming some of there equipment
For bang for the buck it's hard to look past there monolith line especially with the subs and there amps

B

bguinther85

Enthusiast
Okay so that helps a lot do you want a really nice screen or do you want more budget and do you want a 4k projector or just 1080p and do you mind budget on those as well.

I can give you a great budget room setup based on your feedback

But I'm getting tired so I'll send you the info tommorow gotta crash lol
4k with a descent screen hopefully u will I can go with of 150' of course bc it's 20' wide wall

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
In fact they have a new monolith lineup on speakers I'll send you the info in the am that would fit your budget nicely as well and do pretty darn good in that room

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
4k with a descent screen hopefully u will I can go with of 150' of course bc it's 20' wide wall
Ok budget 4k or true 4k there is a difference and a real 4k projector is going to cost you they are not cheap we are talking 5k or more for a good one not the budget ones

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Okay I'll hit you up tommorow gotta crash this info really helps

Good luck with everything and congratulations on your new man cave!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis